Fitzy gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitzy gone?

Hmm. I know they said last night that the Sharks were targeting him, but now it’s an “all-but” done deal?
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/cra...11-p57i82.html

I can’t for the life of me understand why Fitzy would ever leave easts.

he can be our defensive coach earning $200-250k a year for the next 20 years. No pressure, no difficulties, no media scrutiny.

or he can go coach some flog side, be hounded when his foot players lose, and be fired inside of 3 seasons when they scapegoat him for his flog players playing shit at his flog club.

I just don’t see what’s in it for him outside of a larger salary for a short period of time

Comment

High chance they'll get their man.

Fitzy was very tempted when he saw the salary being offered by dragons to coach them, but turned down a LOT of money to honour his contract with Easts.

He's ready for a head coach role and that's not going to happen any time soon unless Robbo goes back to France.

The icing on the cake for him is he lives in the Wollongong area so being based in the Shire will save him an enormous amount of driving time he can spend with his family instead.

Comment

If he’s gone then he goes with our best wishes. I have hated the Sharks for decades. That would change immediately.

Comment

Fitzy has given more to our club than we ever deserved. I hope he gets a good club and has a lot of success, just not at our expense.

Comment

I guess $1.5 million-$1.8 million over three years plus the chance to be head coach are persuasive reasons. But I’m not sure the Sharks are the right side for a rookie head coach to start their career. Nothing to do with Fitzy’s ability- I have every confidence that he will be a great head coach eventually - but some clubs don’t invest nearly enough time in a new coaching regime as others.

Comment

Smart move by Fitzy. Johnson/Dugan/Moylan contracts expire end of this year. Fifita a year later. That is 40% of the salary cap on overpaid and injury prone has-beens that gets freed up in a side that is still competitive. Good luck to him.

Comment

hes dead to me , No just kidding deserves to be a head coach but not sure I would be doing it at the gummies

Comment

Will always love Fitzy.
                  I felt he was treated badly when he left us.
                  And Mason will forever be a carnt for ruining his last game for us.
                  I just hope he doesn't take any of our players.

Comment

Good luck to him, I don’t like the sharks but Fitzy is a legend of a player and coach at our club so I wish him all the best with them.

Staying with us would be highly attractive as it’s well paid and whilst I’m sure it’s not easy, compared to being a head coach at a lesser club it would be a walk in the park.

However he obviously has ambitions of being a head coach and he ain’t overtaking Robbo anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post

he can be our defensive coach earning $200-250k a year for the next 20 years. No pressure, no difficulties, no media scrutiny.

or he can go coach some flog side, be hounded when his foot players lose, and be fired inside of 3 seasons when they scapegoat him for his flog players playing shit at his flog club.

I just don’t see what’s in it for him outside of a larger salary for a short period of time
                      I agree.

Comment

Maybe, just like most men, Fitzy wants to be the main man.
                        And yes the increase in salary would be a bonus.

Comment

Maybe he has ambition, maybe he might be a great coach and have a great career. Win premierships, coach origin, coach his country. Why didn’t Robbo remain an assistant coach, Bellamy, Bennett?

Comment

Good luck to him

He’s done plenty of good things for our Club!

Comment

Good opportunity for him to establish himself and then come back home in 3 or 4 years time when Robbo has had enough

Comment

Working...
                              X