X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Over-Rated team.

Not a dud team.
    That has been done to death.

The expression "over-rated" indicates the subject matter was rated in the first place..

1- Russell Fairfax.
    2- Kerry Boustead
    3-
    4-Noel Cleal
    5-
    6-
    7- Adrian Lam

8-
    9- Aiden Guerra
    10-Nate Myles
    11-
    12-
    13-Dave Brown

I have become more thoughtful , and less offensive.
    The team is incomplete , but the above entries are set in stone................surely?

Originally posted by eddie View Post
    Not a dud team.

The expression "over-rated" indicates the subject matter was rated in the first place..

1- Russell Fairfax.
    2- Kerry Boustead
    3-
    4-Noel Cleal
    5-
    6-
    7- Adrian Lam

8-
    9- Aiden Guerra
    10-Nate Myles
    11-
    12-
    13-Dave Brown

The team is incomplete , but the above entries are set in stone................surely?
    Number 6 is Anasta for mine
    I think Aiden should be at number 12 and I would pair him with the enigma that was Tony Iro.
    Willie Mason makes my team for his stay with us at number 8.

Dave Brown, surely that is the 80s version.

Number 3 I guess in my lifetime Fergo or Terry Hill, both were meant to be monsters but largely disappointing.

Number 5 is easy, Chariots Offiah.

Hooker I have no idea I don't want to put Jake there but he is pretty well overrated by most of the non Roosters league community if he is rated in the top 3 rakes after Cam Smith..perhaps Johnny Lang lol...
    Last edited by Parkway_Drive; 11-05-2017, 12:44 AM.
    Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

How could I forget Anasta?

Comment

Originally posted by Parkway_Drive View Post

I think Aiden should be at number 12 and I would pair him with the enigma that was Tony Iro.

Showing my age Parky.
        I was numbering the forward pack from when lock played in 8, and hooker was 12..................
        whoops.

Comment

I started following the roosters in 1980 and to be honest looking back on it, that early 80's team was quite a bit over-rated. We couldn't compete with the likes of Parra in the big games come the end of the season. We were normally handed 30 point drubbings. And yet we were always talked up as potential premiers. Players like Johnny Tobin were loyal clubmen, no doubt about it, but were they up there with the likes of Ray Price etc...

Comment

O'Meley was a dud at the Chooks along with everyone's favorite Fatty Vautin.
            "Originally posted by Elvis Rooster"
            So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
            ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
            I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

Comment

Not a dud team.

1- Russell Fairfax.
              2- Kerry Boustead
              3-
              4-Noel Cleal
              5-
              6-
              7- Adrian Lam

8-
              9- Aiden Guerra
              10-Nate Myles
              11-
              12-
              13-Dave Brown

You must have not seen Fairy play then - one of the most skilful players I've seen - used to love his chip and regathers from the kick off- the combo he formed with Big Artie was second to none

Comment

Originally posted by Parkway_Drive View Post

Number 6 is Anasta for mine

Number 3 I guess in my lifetime Fergo or Terry Hill, both were meant to be monsters but largely disappointing.

Number 5 is easy, Chariots Offiah.

Hooker I have no idea I don't want to put Jake there but he is pretty well overrated by most of the non Roosters league community if he is rated in the top 3 rakes after Cam Smith..perhaps Johnny Lang lol...
                Iro played well for us - I remember the game against Manly in 1995 - when Manly were coming close to our 19 straight record (16 I think they had) Gus wanting to take the team off as the ref was giving us a hard time - Iro said no Gus we've got it under control - sure enough we won ending Manly's streak at Brooky

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                  You must have not seen Fairy play then - one of the most skilful players I've seen - used to love his chip and regathers from the kick off- the combo he formed with Big Artie was second to none
                  No, I saw him play a lot of times.
                  Not saying he was a bad player at all, just over-rated.
                  I know a lot of Easts fans wear the rose coloured glasses when it comes to "Fairy".

Comment

I know a lot of Easts fans wear the rose coloured glasses when it comes to "Fairy".

I don't have rose coloured glasses about Fairfax but in fairness to him he was never the same after he broke his leg when Mark Harris fell on him in an Amco Cup match in 1975, before the broken leg he was a dynamic player, after the break he wasn't quite the same although he was still quite good in 1976-77 seasons he never was quite the same as 1974-75. 1978 onwards his form was ordinary.

Comment

I doubt it - other players you have listed- Boustead/Cleal/Guerra/Lam/Myles/Brown were SOO and International players for instance - hardly overrated I suggest

Comment

I doubt it - other players you have listed- Boustead/Cleal/Guerra/Lam/Myles/Brown were SOO and International players for instance - hardly overrated I suggest
                        LOL.
                        I gettit.

Players who represent can't be over-rated.
                        fukkin lol
                        I love you.

Worse things happen at sea.

Comment

LOL.
                          I gettit.

Players who represent can't be over-rated.
                          fukkin lol
                          I love you.

Worse things happen at sea.

That post wasn't one of King Salvo's better ones.

To be overrated, one must be rated well to start with...
                          You cannot Like your own posts. (reputationownpost)

Comment

Iro played well for us - I remember the game against Manly in 1995 - when Manly were coming close to our 19 straight record (16 I think they had) Gus wanting to take the team off as the ref was giving us a hard time - Iro said no Gus we've got it under control - sure enough we won ending Manly's streak at Brooky
                            Parky is deadset right, Iro was an overrated player, he played many lazy games in between his quite rare good ones.

One great game doesn't make a career, but I guess it does in Napa's or Filipina's cases.
                            You cannot Like your own posts. (reputationownpost)

Comment

Boustead was extremely over-rated as a winger.
                              He used to run from side line to side line just to sell Fahey or McFarlane a dump.
                              He seemed to avoid any bad press because of one cover tackle he made for QLD.

But I don't like being a critic with him.
                              He is a great bloke and stands by his morals.

He doesn't come within cooee of being near the top ten over-rated list.
                              Greg Brentnall and Benji Marshall are near the top of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X