Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are favorite players of the past and why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many greats to choose from.

1. Artie 2. Mark Harris 3. Morley 4. Fitler 5. Mayes 6.Mini

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post

Good choices. How good was Phillips. Probably underrated and forgotten by all but the roosters faithful. Extremely courageous and just all round dependable. It was mostly his outstanding defence that kept the 2000 GF score respectable. Pity he had to retire so young at 27.
      I remember leaving the 2000 GF thinking the score flattered us and Luke Phillips was best on ground by a fair margin

Comment

Mark Harris, Russell Fairfax and Artie Beetson are my favourites from yesteryear. Harris was the ultimate centre in my opinion; strong, athletic, fast and an ugly mother to boot - I don't mean his real mother of course. Fairfax was flamboyant, speed, guile, pretty and a better than handy surfer too. Beetson was quite simply the 'man' you wanted to have on your team - legend.
        "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

My favourite Rooster players of the past are Todd Carney and more recently James Maloney.

I am a bit younger than most on here and started followong the Chooks about 10 or so years ago. I remembered 2010 year and it was exciting and hoped Carney would make a long careeer with us winning Dally Ms and comps but it was not to be.

Maloney made my Roosters dreams come true along with SBW, Mini, Jennings, Mowa and the gang.

Comment

Spiro Strattos and Joe Reaiche who sang 'your such a fabulous dancer' on the Album below

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
              Spiro Strattos and Joe Reaiche who sang 'your such a fabulous dancer' on the Album below

Dad had this album matey,

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Toot...elease/7058105

Comment

Here is the gang who performed on the footy favourites album.

team_actual.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by The Chook View Post
                  Here is the gang who performed on the footy favourites album.

team_actual.jpg
                  Gees so do I and still in good condition - mmm only played it once - Mum said what the hell is that your playing - said it about most records I played though - I.e Never Mind the Bollocks here's the Sex Pistols - She hated it because of the Song- God save the Queen and others- and it went into the bin but I retrieved it though- no damage done

Bit of Info on Joe Reaiche below which is interesting reading - always thought he was Aboriginal - Lebanese Background actually

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Reaiche
                  Last edited by King Salvo; 08-17-2017, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X