Worst Chooks Signing Ever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
    Mark Edmonson, the front rower we signed from Wigan was terrible.

Somebody mentioned Paul Mares and you young'uns probably can't remember him. If you're going to mention Mares you also have to throw in his mate Mick Delroy. The Sorensen brothers also deserve a mention.
    Paul Mares was good

but he got himself into trouble one day with Eric Grothe - they fire bombed Grothe's car to claim the insurance

Comment

Originally posted by Greedy666 View Post
      He never wanted to be at Easts and i've always hated him for it!
      Doesnt mean he didnt have a go whilst he was here. Blame the draft for seeing a player end up where he didnt want to be.
      Until the philosophy which holds on race superior and another inferior Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned then everywhere is war That until there is no longer 1st class or 2nd class citizens of any nation. Until the colour of a mans skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes. Then its a war. That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race Then its a war
      Haile Selassie

Comment

Where is that faggot sodomite and his Greek man love of anasta
        Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Originally posted by rcptn View Post
          Has to be Willie Mason when you consider his pay packet

Led us to the wooden spoon and would have backed it up with another this season at the Cowgirls had it not been for the cheating Storm.
          That's true.

He rewrote the book on bad signings and I am surprised nobody else picked him.

Not only was he the highest paid player in the NRL but he was a cancer destroying the club from the inside out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tries Off Kicks View Post
            Paul Mares was good

but he got himself into trouble one day with Eric Grothe - they fire bombed Grothe's car to claim the insurance
            If you are going to tell the story tell it all. They got caught when they returned to the scene to check if yea car burnt.

Comment

Originally posted by sodomite View Post
              Braith Anasta/
              Was signed to huge hype. Marquee player and given a mortgage on the 6. Was spruiked to be the "next Freddy Fitler".
              Never made the 6 his own. Fitler himself as coach flicked him to Lock and the infamous fullback disaster. Anasta sooked and went back to 6 where he led the Roosters to a wooden spoon.
              Smith yanked Anasta to Lock mid season and replaced him with Todd Carney. Immediately the roosters attack that had been inept for 4 years was transformed. The dominant 6 led the Roosters to the finals.

You can measure a player on how their predessor performs in the same team. Anasta vs Carney......lol
              Oh there he is.

Comment

With a bit of Wikipedia help
                Olsen Filipaina - he was always awesome for the Kiwis but lazy for the Tigers, can't even remember him playing for us so he must have been poo.

Comment

Originally posted by Tries Off Kicks View Post
                  Paul Mares was good

He was crap when he was with us. Had massive problems with his knees and spent more time on the sidelines then he did on the field. Sterlo commented on him and Delroy signing with us in his book. Said he couldn't believe the money they got considering one was just an honest first grade winger and the other severely injury prone, but hey. That was the days of Ron Jones, where we missed out on players like Gary Belcher and Peter Jackson and instead picked up nuffies like Delroy.

Comment

Sandy Campell

Paul Mares

Mick Delroy

Brad Burke

Paul Vautin

Martin Quinn
                    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by rcptn View Post
                      Has to be Willie Mason when you consider his pay packet

Led us to the wooden spoon and would have backed it up with another this season at the Cowgirls had it not been for the cheating Storm.
                      I'll have to agree.

I've supported the Roosters for 30 years plus, and have never seen a recruite bring our team into so much disrepute.

I really looked forward to Willie Mason joining our club.......but geez he can **** a club.

By the way...after reading the John Elias book...what a wanker he was too. Thanks a lot Ron Jones.

Comment

You people are being harsh on Sandy. from 89-90 he scored 3 tries...more than Kurt Sorensen. Leave him alone!

Comment

Willie Brown......

Chris Anderson......

Justin Holbrook.....

Comment

After today, I can speak my truth.

Hands down, the worst signing in Roosters history was:

Brett Finch.

He and his criminally incompetent father will soon be gone from the NRL....

FOR GOOD!!!!
                            Last edited by Madduke; 09-01-2010, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cpt_freddy View Post
                              how about an ageing Mark Omeally, actually tried pretty hard for the roosters but we paid overs for a spent force.
                              Same with Danny Nutley. Tried. But had died about 4 years earlier.

Comment

Some of the names that are being thrown about are ridiculous. Even if a guy got paid half a million bucks and didn't play a game of first grade they wouldn't be in the ballpark. You have to do something really special to be the worst signing ever.

Rhyseboy v2.0 naming Graham is flat out retarded. While he has admittedly had a horror run this year, he was fine in most games last year and in some of his games at Centre he was very good.

He was also a massive influence on TC when he was living with him. Have a look at how Todd is going this year by comparison.

I've only heard good things about work ethic and off-filed behaviour as well.

I don't imagine he was getting paid a fortune either, so subject to there being things I don't know, I don't have even the slightest issue with that signing.

On the other hand you have guys like Mason who would be close to the top because in addition to getting BIG money and providing nothing on field, his presence was insidious and poisoned a lot of efforts by a lot of people, derailled other players and generally ****ed things up long after he himself was gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X