Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your first Roosters game you attended?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parkway_Drive View Post

I used to also love watching players like Les Davidson, Blocker, Kurt Sorensen, Randall, Ayliffe, etc go off
    Les Davidson broke Rod Silva's jaw with a cheap late shot, could never stand the bloke after that and didn't really like him before that either, saw him on a episode of ET's fishing show not long ago, looked like an old fat over weight thug.

Comment

As a Souths fan, I can verify that Davidson didn't mind a cheap shot. There's YouTube footage of some of his biff too; one involves Peter Kelly at a scrum when Kelly played for Penrith.

1st game I remember going to was Souths vs Easts at Redfern Oval. Pretty sure it was 1983 & Chooks won 34-10. Don't recall much else as I was pretty young.

In 1986 I again saw Souths vs Easts at Redfern, & Souths won 8-6. I remember clearly Gary Wurth being concussed or dazed after Harrington ran over him for a try.

Comment

2004, we smashed the Panthers at the SFS. Morley and co tore their pack a new one and Minichullio and Fittler had massive games. I think we scored over 40.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnywithteeth View Post
          As a Souths fan, I can verify that Davidson didn't mind a cheap shot. There's YouTube footage of some of his biff too; one involves Peter Kelly at a scrum when Kelly played for Penrith.

1st game I remember going to was Souths vs Easts at Redfern Oval. Pretty sure it was 1983 & Chooks won 34-10. Don't recall much else as I was pretty young.

In 1986 I again saw Souths vs Easts at Redfern, & Souths won 8-6. I remember clearly Gary Wurth being concussed or dazed after Harrington ran over him for a try.
          Ross Harrington?

Les Davidson was a pretty wild and angry player. Our Lindsay Collins reminds me a bit of him.
          Originally posted by Elvis Rooster
          Hahaha Fatty Mcnugget got banned. Geez i will really miss his intellectual insights. Bye bye Fatty

Comment

Yep it was Ross Harrington. He was built like Wendell Sailor or Eric Grothe but much slower & less skilled. I'm pretty sure Harrington played a few games for Easts in 1991. Happy to be corrected on this.

Comment

1976 round 22 vs North Sydney at North Sydney Oval.
              I was then a newly arrived Sydneysider and Bears supporter.
              Arthur and his merry men put the cleaners through the Bears 39-8 for the second time that year!

Comment

Originally posted by bunnywithteeth View Post
                Yep it was Ross Harrington. He was built like Wendell Sailor or Eric Grothe but much slower & less skilled. I'm pretty sure Harrington played a few games for Easts in 1991. Happy to be corrected on this.
                Yep I remember Ross Harrington steam rolling Garry Wurth in that game at Redfern back in 1986. And yes you are right about Ross Harrington playing a couple of games for the Roosters but it was in 1992.

Comment

Working...
                X