Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your first Roosters game you attended?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Parkway_Drive View Post


    I used to also love watching players like Les Davidson, Blocker, Kurt Sorensen, Randall, Ayliffe, etc go off
    Les Davidson broke Rod Silva's jaw with a cheap late shot, could never stand the bloke after that and didn't really like him before that either, saw him on a episode of ET's fishing show not long ago, looked like an old fat over weight thug.

    Comment


    • #47
      As a Souths fan, I can verify that Davidson didn't mind a cheap shot. There's YouTube footage of some of his biff too; one involves Peter Kelly at a scrum when Kelly played for Penrith.

      1st game I remember going to was Souths vs Easts at Redfern Oval. Pretty sure it was 1983 & Chooks won 34-10. Don't recall much else as I was pretty young.

      In 1986 I again saw Souths vs Easts at Redfern, & Souths won 8-6. I remember clearly Gary Wurth being concussed or dazed after Harrington ran over him for a try.

      Comment


      • #48
        2004, we smashed the Panthers at the SFS. Morley and co tore their pack a new one and Minichullio and Fittler had massive games. I think we scored over 40.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by bunnywithteeth View Post
          As a Souths fan, I can verify that Davidson didn't mind a cheap shot. There's YouTube footage of some of his biff too; one involves Peter Kelly at a scrum when Kelly played for Penrith.

          1st game I remember going to was Souths vs Easts at Redfern Oval. Pretty sure it was 1983 & Chooks won 34-10. Don't recall much else as I was pretty young.

          In 1986 I again saw Souths vs Easts at Redfern, & Souths won 8-6. I remember clearly Gary Wurth being concussed or dazed after Harrington ran over him for a try.
          Ross Harrington?

          Les Davidson was a pretty wild and angry player. Our Lindsay Collins reminds me a bit of him.
          Originally posted by The Axe View Post
          Very easy to understand Zac so I'll spell it out. Bondi Boy wants Menzies to reincarnate and run the labour party.
          Meanwhile ISM is out looking for Harold Holt and a dingo with a snorkel an digging holes in Griffith wearing an Al Grassby tie

          Comment


          • #50
            Yep it was Ross Harrington. He was built like Wendell Sailor or Eric Grothe but much slower & less skilled. I'm pretty sure Harrington played a few games for Easts in 1991. Happy to be corrected on this.

            Comment


            • #51
              1976 round 22 vs North Sydney at North Sydney Oval.
              I was then a newly arrived Sydneysider and Bears supporter.
              Arthur and his merry men put the cleaners through the Bears 39-8 for the second time that year!

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by bunnywithteeth View Post
                Yep it was Ross Harrington. He was built like Wendell Sailor or Eric Grothe but much slower & less skilled. I'm pretty sure Harrington played a few games for Easts in 1991. Happy to be corrected on this.
                Yep I remember Ross Harrington steam rolling Garry Wurth in that game at Redfern back in 1986. And yes you are right about Ross Harrington playing a couple of games for the Roosters but it was in 1992.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

                  Yep I remember Ross Harrington steam rolling Garry Wurth in that game at Redfern back in 1986. And yes you are right about Ross Harrington playing a couple of games for the Roosters but it was in 1992.
                  was this the match??

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPvuKBTmD4w

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Yes it was indeed King Salvo. I was in my last year of primary school in 1986, & went to about 16 Souths matches that year including this one. Funnily enough, I went to most of those matches on my own. In 2017 a 11 year old at the footy alone it would be impossible.

                    Thanks for the footage, great memories.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                      Yep looks like it.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X