X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Statement: Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii

Suaalii will depart end of 2024.

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/202...ukuso-suaalii/
    Last edited by King Salvo; 03-25-2023, 11:05 PM.

Heard from a friend inside Rugby AU that Sualli is about to agree to join their ranks from 2025-2027

Politis is fuming ( supposedly )

Comment

• Vasco
      Vasco commented
      Editing a comment
      Whilst we have him it might help if he was played on the right wing. I believe this is his best position.

How far off is Billy Smith?

• Monaco's Fan Club
      Monaco's Fan Club commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by milanja View Post

Max jorgenson.

left us for union, was promised fullback for wallabies, now suaalii has been promised the fullback spot, so roosters apparently will go after him.

His contract with Rugby finishes the same time suaalii’s does for us.
      I heard similar from the ARU guy. Told me he was catching bombs and running full pelt at JWH at training ( when at chooks ) The Roosters love him

• Marce
      Marce commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by The Lip View Post

Penesini looks very good imo - wouldn't be surprised to see them ARU make a play for him as well. I think he would be a better centre option for rugby than Cam Murray would be. Murray is not quick enough or big enough for that role in rugby - you've got to be big or fast and preferably both to play centre in rugby.
      Are u a Tahs supporter too?

So what's the good of training him for 2 years when he's leaving?
    Answer: no good.
    Would've been nice if he'd told us he was leaving...before he signed on for $1.4m of our money for 2 years.
    I'd be very unhappy if I were the Club.
    So unhappy I'd probably banish him from sight to NSW Cup and find someone else to play left centre.

Comment

Good luck to the kid, that'll set him up for life.. I hope we get the best out of him in the next two years and chalk up another title

Comment

And back to the chooks in 2029.

Comment

To his credit he did inform the club in advance of November 1 2023 when he would be able to negotiate a new contract with the Roosters and with other clubs.

I would doubt very much myself that he will come back to league as well he would never receive the payments Union will be paying him - 1.4 million a year has been bandied around.

Such is Life

Comment

Inflation has struck as the 3 year deal is reportedly 1.6 million a year from October 2024.

The players knew this was happening according to Luke Keary

“We know this is happening. Good on him. He’s obviously a rugby boy. I speak to him a lot. His main thing is that he wants to win premiership. He hasn’t really spoken about rugby too much. But we know he’s all in with us.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/it...e4ad50aa75cc33

Comment

No hard feelings.

That's an incredible amount of money for a kid. You also can't deny the lure of a Lions tour and home Rugby World Cup. Though lol at Rugby that these big events are the only attraction. That sport is now like being a 100m sprinter - training for the Olympics every four years.

He'll be back for 2028 at the age of about 25 to replace Teddy who'll retire at the age of 34.

A beautiful transition.

Comment

ahhh guttering, but by the time we finishes up with rugby after 2027 he will be mid 20s and wanting to come back to league.

im sure theres only one place he will head back to, and should be in his prime and nearing teddy's later years.

guess this is why we told young he could play centre for us.

should is also going to make me switch on a wallabies game for the first time in a couple years

Comment

I have a feeling Cam Murray will go to Rugby too at the end of 2025- Be his last chance to play in a Rugby World Cup in 2027 - He would be 33 in 2031

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                    So what's the good of training him for 2 years when he's leaving?
                    Answer: no good.
                    Would've been nice if he'd told us he was leaving...before he signed on for $1.4m of our money for 2 years.
                    I'd be very unhappy if I were the Club.
                    So unhappy I'd probably banish him from sight to NSW Cup and find someone else to play left centre.
                    it would seem the club isn't disappointed - “Joseph has been transparent with the Club and we respect his decision,” said Sydney Roosters Head Coach Trent Robinson.

“He has made his commitment to the Roosters club for the next year and a half crystal clear, and we’re excited about the path we’re on,” he added.

no doubt it's disappointing for fans but it seems the club can work with him for the next two years. good enough for me

Comment

RTS
                      Latrine
                      Suaalii

But but "DA ROOSTERS NEVER LOSE STAR PLAYAS AND HAVE A SOMBREROOO".

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                        To his credit he did inform the club in advance of November 1 2023 when he would be able to negotiate a new contract with the Roosters and with other clubs.

I would doubt very much myself that he will come back to league as well he would never receive the payments Union will be paying him - 1.4 million a year has been bandied around.

Such is Life
                        They all come back.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
                          ahhh guttering, but by the time we finishes up with rugby after 2027 he will be mid 20s and wanting to come back to league.

im sure theres only one place he will head back to, and should be in his prime and nearing teddy's later years.

guess this is why we told young he could play centre for us.

should is also going to make me switch on a wallabies game for the first time in a couple years
                          Not sure if he will come back myself - but I would doubt the Roosters would agree to any PO's (Player Options) in any contract i.e sign for 2028/29 and PO's for 2030 and 2031 especially with another RWC in 2031.

There will be a new broadcast deal and CBA in place for 2028 to 2032 so what that will be like is unknown - i.e NRL Grants to Club/Salary Cap/Players wages etc

The Roosters could have a top notch fullback and centres by then and may not need him.

The world didn't end when RTS left and there is always someone else to take a players place when they leave.

Comment

i dunno why the media feel the urge to tell us this far out !

Comment

Working...
                            X