X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
    Woke bullshit.

Couldn't be less interested.

We aren't even allowed to say "batsman" anymore...
    That is the word that sums it up. Woke. Its all about marketing and how they want the game to be perceived by the public.

I'm not against the comp but I just think it is as interesting as SG Ball or even lower junior levels. I'm also sick of seeing it shown as the real Roosters. Its just low level amateur sport that has gotten some funding and momentum.

Comment

If you truly support the Chooks you support all the sides - NRL/NRLW// NSW Cup Bears/ Jersey Flegg/SG Ball/ Tarsha Gale Cup/ and the Various Central Coast Roosters sides in SG Ball/ Laurie Daley and Andrew Johns cup and NSW Women's Premiership- even Central Coast Men's and Women's sides in the NSW Country Championships.

I will be watching the NRLW plus the other games live streamed on the NSWRL Facebook page.

Some of you need to have a good look at yourself it's 2022 not 1822

I will also be tuning into the Women's Ashes series which starts tonight - 7 MATE at 7.00pm - First of the T-20 games - The Women's Ashes series consists of - 3 T-20 games / 4 Day test and 3 ODI games.

Comment

Each to their own King. I couldn't think of a better way to bore myself to death but whatever makes you happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post

That is the word that sums it up. Woke. Its all about marketing and how they want the game to be perceived by the public.

I'm not against the comp but I just think it is as interesting as SG Ball or even lower junior levels. I'm also sick of seeing it shown as the real Roosters. Its just low level amateur sport that has gotten some funding and momentum.
          Obviously you don't watch the junior rep games to know about the standard of these. Only have to see the number of players that have progressed from the junior reps to NRL even at the Roosters over the years- A number of the Chooks NRLW Women players have also progressed via Tarsha Gale Cup and the NSW Premiership to NRLW this year.

I suppose in the days of 3 grades on the one day you would have turned up only to watch the First Grade. - I remember watching players such as Kevin Hastings playing under 23's and Anthony Minichiello playing under 21's for instance and seeing them develop and advance to 1st grade which people would not have seen if they only went to watch the First Grade Game.

Pretty sad that some are stuck in the past - it's 2022 not 1822
          Last edited by King Salvo; 01-20-2022, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            Here we go again…..

Mods can you please move this to the Away From The Game section. Just because a woman has a vagina doesn’t make her interesting to watch as a league “player”.

The only way I’ll ever support a woman playing league is if she plays against the men. If I wanted to see slow played rugby league I’d go and watch under 11s. Reserve grade is much better footy than what these women produce. Yet the women’s game gets all this promotion. Just because they have vaginas!

I’m not being sexist I enjoy watching women in many sports but I don’t want to see women being violent towards one another.

Their competition and the way it is promoted is a joke. Getting emails by the club and seeing FB posts about them as if they were the real Roosters is really annoying.

The “players” also seem to swap clubs more often then they have their periods.

They wear our jersey so I hope they go well but I certainly won’t be watching. I’d rather watch my synthetic grass grow.
            I like to see what you would post when you are being sexist - do you still own and drive a horse and buggy

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Obviously you don't watch the junior rep games to know about the standard of these. Only have to see the number of players that have progressed from the junior reps to NRL even at the Roosters over the years- A number of the Chooks NRLW Women players have also progressed via Tarsha Gale Cup and the NSW Premiership to NRLW this year.

I suppose in the days of 3 grades on the one day you would have turned up only to watch the First Grade. - I remember watching players such as Kevin Hastings playing under 23's and Anthony Minichiello playing under 21's for instance and seeing them develop and advance to 1st grade which people would not have seen if they only went to watch the First Grade Game.

Mate I am a Covid exile. I have not seen anyone younger than Toyota Cup in a long time. I actually want to bring the 3 grades back. I loved it. Loved trying to spot the talent and see it develop. I'm not stuck in the past. I just think the women's sport is mostly bullshit. Like Tobin said it is Woke bullshit. Trying to please the left leaning suburbanites and soccer mums. I'm not against them playing, just against me watching or receiving their marketing bullshit.

Comment

I like to see what you would post when you are being sexist - do you still own and drive a horse and buggy
                I’m old fashioned cause I think women’s league is garbage?

Why don’t you do what you do best and Google ‘garbage’. Maybe a story about the WNRL will appear.

I will also tune into the woman’s ashes and the Oz Open tennis. Great quality women’s sport.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

to be clear ...like many others here , it is not really my cup of tea .

if i have nothing else to do ill watch a game and if the roosters are playing against any team of course ill cheer for them .

but really it is super sub par probably about the level of watching u16's. that is not a criticism just being honest .
                  If under 16's standard I would like to see you run the ball up against Hannah Southwell for instance as she hits harder in defence than a lot of the men do. - The players are improving every year as they become more and more professional and this will continue to be the case- Only have to look at Women's Cricket the improvement in players as a result of being full time professional

Comment

You just enjoy your grandson not being able to get a job because of "gender equality targets".

Or better still, your wife can enjoy coming out of the toilet at Randwick Ritz to see a bunch of men in there because the toilet caters to "women and gender neutral". That happened to my wife recently.

Just get on that virtue signalling bandwagon. Won't be long before you are thrown off it by a "more deserving sub-set".

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                      6 teams
                      handful of games
                      I cant get into this at all. Would rather watch A grade down the local park.
                      It's not hating on womens sport, I watch the girls in tennis, surfing etc and enjoy it. For me and we are all different, this is a hard watch and crap spectacle
                      They will be having 2 NRLW Comps in 2022 since there was no comp in 2021- why only 5 games for the first one and then only 5 for the second one.

If it was only the one comp in 2022 they would have 2 full rounds of 10 games.

Other clubs such as Canberra/Souths/Wests Tigers/ Canterbury/Penrith are lobbying for entry into the 2023 comp-- NZ Warriors pending Covid will also be re-admitted to the comp in 2023.

Eventually I would assume that all NRL Clubs will have a NRLW side which will also mean having female junior development and pathway teams as well.

I fully support it
                      Last edited by King Salvo; 01-20-2022, 01:18 PM.

Comment

They will be having 2 NRLW Comps in 2022 since there was no comp in 2021- why only 6 games for the first one and then only 6 for the second one.

If it was only the one comp in 2022 they would have 2 full rounds of 10 games.

Other clubs such as Canberra/Souths/Wests Tigers/ Canterbury/Penrith are lobbying for entry into the 2023 comp-- NZ Warriors pending Covid will also be re-admitted to the comp in 2023.

Eventually I would assume that all NRL Clubs will have a NRLW side which will also mean having female junior development and pathway teams as well.

I fully support it
                        I don't.

And I am sick of having women's cricket and NRL thrust upon me. It's garbage.

Comment

Can they sell tickets? Fill a small ground? No.

In the UFC the women are genuinely interesting and people want to see them. Who wants to pay money to watch WNRL?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post
                            Can they sell tickets? Fill a small ground? No.
                            It's woke garbage to make virtue signalling idiots feel superior.

No more. No less.

Comment

The woman's rugby league is being forced fed to us like the extra chocolate bar or bottle of water with your fuel at BP.
                              I support the roosters and the the woman's team was not in the brochure when I started so sorry girls I'd rather watch midgets play.

In saying that I'd watch it before I'd watch men's synchronised swimming
                              Last edited by Bondicigar; 01-20-2022, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

It's woke garbage to make virtue signalling idiots feel superior.

No more. No less.
                                100%

Comment

Working...
                                X