No announcement yet.

Brandon Smith Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put his mum in a house and we're over the line?

Comment

Storm don’t like the way he’s been talking but it makes sense. What’s the point in him playing another year at the storm after saying he’d like to win a premiership in the red, white and blue? What I think is that he’s trying to get the storm to up his price by telling them that the roosters have him unless they can do better. I don’t see it as a done deal by any means until he signs on the dotted line. He’s very shrewd the way he’s marketing himself to get a better deal from the storm.
      “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
        Storm don’t like the way he’s been talking but it makes sense. What’s the point in him playing another year at the storm after saying he’d like to win a premiership in the red, white and blue? What I think is that he’s trying to get the storm to up his price by telling them that the roosters have him unless they can do better. I don’t see it as a done deal by any means until he signs on the dotted line. He’s very shrewd the way he’s marketing himself to get a better deal from the storm.
        you might be right, i personally hope he is coming . but by god, i bet that interview made bellamy spit chips.

Comment

Imagine for a second if we were in the Storm's shoes. Imagine if Victor Radley was out and about in the media shopping himself around with a year to go on his deal with us. And even though Radley said we'd get the last shot at keeping him his manager went and spilled the beans that bad luck Roosters he's already decided where he's going. Roosters fans would be appalled with Radley. He doesn't seem like he's real smart Smith, and he and his manager have handled this like amateurs.

Comment

in true nrl fashion. they will be fining him 5-10k for bringing the game into disrepute...for excessive swearing...

welcome to the life of a roosters player, where everything you do is heavily punished

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
              in true nrl fashion. they will be fining him 5-10k for bringing the game into disrepute...for excessive swearing...

welcome to the life of a roosters player, where everything you do is heavily punished
              I think he should be given honourary citizenship for his fine usage of Aussie slang. What a farking grouse c**t he is ay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post
                Imagine for a second if we were in the Storm's shoes. Imagine if Victor Radley was out and about in the media shopping himself around with a year to go on his deal with us. And even though Radley said we'd get the last shot at keeping him his manager went and spilled the beans that bad luck Roosters he's already decided where he's going. Roosters fans would be appalled with Radley. He doesn't seem like he's real smart Smith, and he and his manager have handled this like amateurs.
                My only rebuttal is that the Drizz have already decided that Harry Grant's their #9, despite Smith being the guy with the runs on the board. They haven't 'sacked' him, but they've made it clear that the #9 jersey isn't available because everybody thinks this golden kid (who's his understudy) is the best player in the comp (despite the fact he was lacklustre when Smith got that head knock in the preliminary final).

Smith had only glowing words to say about the Drizz, Bellamy and Harry Grant (no sour grapes at all - made it clear he's been VERY lucky).

IMO all he's done is tell an ex-girlfriend who still wants to be friends that unless she wants to be his boyfriend (door's still open and he'd love to stay together), they're over and he has every right to be back in the dating game.

---

To me a better analogy is Pearce when we signed Cronk. Sorry rep grade spine player, you're now a #14. This has been decided and we'd love it if you could stay around for the next few years as you'll add decent depth to our squad. Pearce had every right to shop around...

Replace Grant with Suaalii though. They're banking on an unproven junior and there's absolutely nothing Smith can do to retain his #9 jersey if he stays. To me that's the tone. I mean say your boss gave a junior your job and said you could stay on as a junior. It's clear to both parties that no matter how the Drizz spin it, the best they can offer Smith is a #14 jersey. Thus, they don't have a serious offer.
                Last edited by ism22; 11-30-2021, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post
                  i kinda agree with you on this.

Comment

For those that think the Smith saga has been handled badly.
                    You fail to understand the player and his character.
                    The guy wears his heart on his sleeve- the way he plays football (intensity) , and lives life.
                    There is no fooling around - he has always said what he thinks.
                    Its not in his character to play ducks and drakes, and wait until he has had meetings with the Storm, and make announcements at the "ideal" time.
                    He has met with the Roosters, and commented on where he feels his future lies, and where he wants to be.
                    The Roosters club should be elated with the way this has been handled- they have impressed a champion footballer enough to join our ranks.,
                    Smith says things the way he sees them, and most comments (even the joking ones) carry the element of truth, and he says them from the heart.
                    That's why there isn't any real disrespect for the Storm.
                    And Smith doesn't play the cloak and daggers stuff like lots of others in contract negotiations.
                    There are 2 types of people in this world - those that are straightforward, and those that get involved in every nuance, and subtlety.
                    Brandon Smith fits into the former category.

Comment

What gets me is he was impressed with how the Roosters were so secretive about the negotiations....but then blurted it all out in the interview- even to the extent of the measures they went to make the meeting so secretive.

I have to admit i enjoyed the interview. The approach the club made that involved the directors, former players and current players was what we expect- all class. Then to have dinner at the Robinsons place is a great move because Smith could see for himself what a special & genuine guy Trent is.

I just wish we could have been hearing all the details at the end of the 2022 season. If it was one of our players negotiating out in the open like this, to the extent of him saying " id like to win a premiership in that jersey", id say everyone of us would be spewing. Lets face it, most here couldn't handle it when Mitchell Pearce kissed the Knights emblem!

Comment

If the NRL start to fine and sanction people for swearing then Bellamy will never be allowed to coach again. How many times is he shown using the F bomb on live TV ?

Comment

Well so much for the Roosters no dickhead policy. I guess things have changed. Everyone seems to have forgotten the white powder incident. What are we taking on here. This guy admitted he’s only played something like 160 hours at hooker yet everyone seems to be of the opinion he’s a great hooker. That’s yet to be established. I have real concerns that Brandon Smith is trouble. I’m not a prude but the amount of expletives in that interview shows the type of person we are getting. I doubt Uncle Nick would be impressed. Doesn’t fit the culture he’s worked so hard over the years to cultivate. Give me Sam Verrills any day over this unfiltered halfwit. I am waiting for everyone to shoot me down on this one but mark my words, this guy is trouble.

Comment

Yeah, nah, each to their own but Brandon Smith seems like a super genuine and friendly bloke - like our own Victor Radley.

Comment

A point to note, he has recently been employed by the interviewer, YKTR. They might’ve asked or he felt he needed to give them a scoop, of which he most definitely did.
                              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

I repeat... he has been given permission to leave because they've selected Golden Boy Grant.

Nothing against Grant, but Drizz better hope he's worth all the hype. I'm yet to see him chain together more than 20 minutes of footy against a defeated team.

Comment

Working...
                                X