What a back flip by the flea infested Dogs, Good on them i say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a back flip by the flea infested Dogs, Good on them i say

Seemingly not content with imploding from within, now the Bulldogs have angered one of rugby league's Immortals, Arthur Beetson - over a T-shirt.
    Beetson, the former Roosters player, coach and later recruitment manager, joined club supremo Nick Politis in yesterday attacking a shirt which has been released with the provocative slogan "Bred Not Bought", a reference to the Roosters' recruitment policies.
    The T-shirt has been endorsed by the Bulldogs, with supporters able to buy it through the club's official website ahead of the much anticipated round-four clash with the Roosters, whose side boasts former Dogs stars Willie Mason, Mark O'Meley, Braith Anasta and Nate Myles.
    Beetson quit his position as Roosters recruitment manager last year. However, after 13 years with the club, he fumed after being told of the shirt: "They're kidding themselves. Where do they think Sonny Bill Williams came from, or Willie Mason? They got them from other areas. They're joking.
    "Mark O'Meley comes from the Central Coast, then he went to North Sydney and the Northern Eagles, Willie's from Newcastle. Braith Anasta was a Souths junior but he's also considered a local junior with us - he went to Marcellin College at Randwick. Reni Maitua's a Marcellin boy, a Maroubra boy.
    "I wouldn't be bragging if I was them. A lot of their kids come from different areas. They're having themselves on. You could go through their whole side, and there's not too many locals there.
    "I wouldn't be saying much about their culture anymore, either."
    Beetson claimed the Bulldogs had their "head in the sand".
    "You can go back to JT [Johnathan Thurston]," he said. "The only bloke there who's a local junior is Hazem El Masri. Andrew Ryan's from Dubbo and he came from Parramatta."
    The website blurb, posted yesterday, boasts that the T-shirt is to commemorate 70 years since the Bulldogs' first grand final win, which came at the expense of the Roosters.
    "Now Bulldogs fans have the opportunity to show the Roosters how they feel, and also commemorate the 1938 grand final victory," the blurb said.
    With concerns already expressed over crowd violence at the game in the wake of Mason's controversial defection, Politis, the Roosters chairman, suggested the T-shirt could incite trouble.
    "The more they go down that track, the more chance of something happening," he said.
    He added: "Who did they breed? Mason's from Newcastle, O'Meley came from the Central Coast, Anasta was a South Sydney junior, Nate Myles is from Cairns. I can go on and on.

"I agree we haven't got the biggest junior base. Maybe the Bulldogs can talk to the NRL or the ARL about changing the boundaries so they go out further west. We've still got our 1908 boundaries. We'd love them to change the boundaries, but unfortunately, our territory stops at George Street and Oxford Street."

funny 2 “ great clubs “ trying to emulate our greater club

1 but dropping the notion of promoting from within, the other trying the old its ok, they will stay here for less. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery
    Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

They have just signed Reed Mahoney !!!!!

WOW

Salary cap?
    Nick Cotric anyone?
    Last edited by Kelby; 11-25-2021, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

WOW

Salary cap?
      Nick Cotric anyone?
      Cotric back to Raiders apparently

Comment

WOW

Salary cap?
        Nick Cotric anyone?
        More like Thompson..

Comment

WOW

Salary cap?
          Nick Cotric anyone?
          That's 3 players Parra will lose at the end of 2022 and 4 in Ryan Matterson who wont be offered a new deal by the sounds of it - Bit like Cords and Friend is Matterson - one more head Knock and that will be it same for Wade Graham I suggest

Comment

Working...
          X