News on Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monaco's Fan Club View Post

For starters, I am relaying verbatim what I was told, no glossing.

Secondly, I’m not celebrating this, I’m disappointed too

But on further thought, this isn’t a ridiculous notion. If you think back to last year, Hutchinson was the main kicker in general play and Walker played off him.

I know he is young and green and we all expect him to improve

Keary is coming back from a serious injury and maybe Robbo doesn’t want to drop running the entire team on his lap straight away

Let’s not forget that Walkers best games and moments were against lesser teams.

I’m a huge fan of Walker but I won’t let that cloud my judgement or expectation of him.

Happy not to bother transpiring perceived negative news from inside the Roosters, for only positive/ feel good gossip…
    The more insiders we have the better I say. I think we have more insiders in the chookpen than the Roosters have inside their own walls.

Comment

The only thing that's keeping me wondering if this is true or not is that Sam was benched towards the end of the season. No one knew what the reason for that actually was - aside from speculating it was his shoulder. I don't believe Robbo ever confirmed

Comment

Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post
        The only thing that's keeping me wondering if this is true or not is that Sam was benched towards the end of the season. No one knew what the reason for that actually was - aside from speculating it was his shoulder. I don't believe Robbo ever confirmed
        A very good point.

Also, there is no guarantee that Keary starts and or plays R1. But saying if he does, he is returning from a ACL, and we expect him not only to lead the team, but be the main long kicker ( post ACL) ? His confidence might not be there R1

Sam Walker doesn’t have a strong long kick, so the pressure would fall on Keary

Starting with Hutch ( a much better defender and long kicker game than young Walker ) might allow Keary to ease back into the pace of the game

Also, maybe until both Keary and Walker hit their straps, maybe they are both too similar players, and a more directional player is needed first up ( Ala Cronk like)

Comment

Interesting if true. Walker is still as green as grass and to be a proper organizing half at NRL level may well take him more time.

Comment

It can be an awkward situation with Walker. If Robbo is on fence with him being ready I still think he needs to play the majority of the games along side keary.
            Everyone knows he is a decent player, better than most young halves in the game.
            He is raw, really raw, but if he is left on the sidelines other teams will come looking and dangle that golden carrot in his face.

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post
              Interesting if true. Walker is still as green as grass and to be a proper organizing half at NRL level may well take him more time.
              If true? You racist retard. The guy pulled it out of his clacker dummy.

Comment

we should pin all our hopes on a 19 year old and make control the game and lead the team single candidly.

barely news, halves take time to develop but he's already proven he's better than most others in the game.
                boring thread

Comment

Sam is still very young and raw. He is still learning how to be an NRL halfback. Of course Luke Keary is the main man for organising the team. I don’t get what all the fuss is about.

Comment

It wouldnt surprise me if everyone is fit that Keary starts at 7 & Hutch is 6, I would rather Walker at 7 & Keary at 6.

Comment

This thread is up there with Nikorima is our saviour, Manu to hooker and the Teddy is crap thread.

Go away troll.

Comment

Walker is too inexperienced to be the current game manager...but his instincts are second to none to compliment who ever is there next to him and around him..He will get there does not need to be the shot caller all the time he willwork with Keary..which I think he has never played with yet if I am right .Squid games Cap Keary game manager and Macauly Culkin doing his thing
                        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                          This thread is up there with Nikorima is our saviour, Manu to hooker and the Teddy is crap thread.

Go away troll.
                          Welcome back Happy….

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Go away troll.
                            Have you seen Bondis all our players could die thread now that's up there

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post

If true? You racist retard. The guy pulled it out of his clacker dummy.
                              You're a seriously deranged idiot. Go see a doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post

You're a seriously deranged idiot. Go see a doctor.
                                I was curious to know what that response was all about …‍

Comment

Working...
                                X