Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
    Good on them.
    I love it when the Dogs are a top 4 side.
    They still need a halfback or hooker & it wouldnt surprise me if they also sign for 2023 either Jerome Hughes or Brandon Smith

You love it when the dogs are in the top 4? Wow this place has really lost the plot.

Fark the dogs.. no matter who they buy it will always be fark those grubs…

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

You love it when the dogs are in the top 4? Wow this place has really lost the plot.

Fark the dogs.. no matter who they buy it will always be fark those grubs…
      Bring back Hodkinson, Ennis and Barba :P

Comment

"Originally posted by Mickie Lane

I could handle 4 years in a row of the Roosters winning the comp but then I'd like another team to win it so it gives everyone a break from the Chooks winning it.

I could also handle the Roosters winning four comps in a row.
        Lets go Chookies.

Comment

The League would only have Roosters supporters left following the game (20,000 supporters) which wouldnt be good & all the other clubs would start a new comp because playing in a comp that only 1 team wins every year would have no appeal.
          Thank yourself lucky that the NRL has different Premiers because without different teams winning the comp there would be no comp.
          As Stone Cold Steve Austin would say......"WHAT?"

Comment

League survived fine when Saints won 11 in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
              League survived fine when Saints won 11 in a row.
              Different times back then mate.
              If any team kept winning the comp these days the game would go under, I’m telling ya.
              Generation what ever would lose interest real quick if 1 team won the comp every year.

Comment

If any team kept winning the comp these days the game would go under, I’m telling ya.
                Generation what ever would lose interest real quick if 1 team won the comp every year.
                plenty say they lose interest, but, they only lose interest if their team isn’t doing that well for that season, and then they come back when they get that little bit better,look at the raiders,Souths,panthers,Parra for 30+ years, their fans are still there with more members than ever before.

many supporters said that the comp was predictable because roosters or Melbourne had played in so many grand finals, yet we have had 12 of the 16 teams win a premiership since the Nrl era.

I could handle watching roosters win the next 10 premierships if they played a different opponent each year.

Comment

Not sure about that. I think if the "gen whatever" jumped ship like that they weren't really true fans anyway.

The beauty of the League premiership system is that one team
                  earns the right every year to challenge a high flyer in one game for the ultimate prize. It's not a first past the post thing.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

plenty say they lose interest, but, they only lose interest if their team isn’t doing that well for that season, and then they come back when they get that little bit better,look at the raiders,Souths,panthers,Parra for 30+ years, their fans are still there with more members than ever before.

many supporters said that the comp was predictable because roosters or Melbourne had played in so many grand finals, yet we have had 12 of the 16 teams win a premiership since the Nrl era.

I could handle watching roosters win the next 10 premierships if they played a different opponent each year.
                    I'd like to beat the vermin 10 in a row ., Shite I could die a happy man then

Comment

Bulldogs have no idea - they got rid of the Morris boys. If we got them early they would have stayed for life. Bmoz is the best winger I can remember in our team.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Not sure about that. I think if the "gen whatever" jumped ship like that they weren't really true fans anyway.

The beauty of the League premiership system is that one team
                        earns the right every year to challenge a high flyer in one game for the ultimate prize. It's not a first past the post thing.
                        Exactly, Penrith weren’t the best team all season this year, and storm weren’t the best last season, I won’t say it’s rare, but the grand final winners aren’t always the best team during the season, form and injuries can come into play at anytime.

I’d say we were the best team once maybe twice in our recent 4 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Exactly, Penrith weren’t the best team all season this year, and storm weren’t the best last season, I won’t say it’s rare, but the grand final winners aren’t always the best team during the season, form and injuries can come into play at anytime.

I’d say we were the best team once maybe twice in our recent 4 wins.
                          We finished Minor Premiers in two of 2013, 2018 and 2019 and went 9/9 in those finals combined.

Surely we were the best team in those 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                            We finished Minor Premiers in two of 2013, 2018 and 2019 and went 9/9 in those finals combined.

Surely we were the best team in those 3 years.
                            That’s why we are such a good team, because Robbo knows when to get the team ready for the finals, but we only just got the minor premierships both those years, shared in 18 with 4 other teams and shared with Souths in 13 where I think we were the standout team, but only got minor premiers in the last round.

would be interesting to see how a first past the post season would play out, there would be no resting of players, and you wouldn’t play origin during it either.

Comment

Kikau is a damaging left edge backrower who is a beast to stop with great lines, he can offload in traffic and a threat under the high ball when aimed at the opposite half/ five eight. Great pick-up for the dogs to add to their impressive recruitment drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
                                Kikau is a damaging left edge backrower who is a beast to stop with great lines, he can offload in traffic and a threat under the high ball when aimed at the opposite half/ five eight. Great pick-up for the dogs to add to their impressive recruitment drive.
                                And signed to play halfback too !

Comment

Working...
                                X