Manly are the most..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Well you tell me in what way they are better than us. And how as you suggest their pack can EASILY match ours. I haven't done a study on it but I would be very surprised if you could come up with evidence based on things like, number of games, rep honours, average metres per game, or any other key statistic, please give me some facts. I would be very interested in seeing them.

I’ll try to please you mate. I’ll try my best.

IMO - They have a younger dynamic pack right now the likes of Schuster Paeska Olakaulatu who look real guns in the making. Throw in some vets with taupau who is still averaging 151M and 1.2 offloads a game, aloai and jurbo.

The spine is masterful with DCE and Turbo two of the best in their positions… Croker is no slouch either he surprised many with his performance at 9 and Fainu is still hanging around surely he’ll be in the frame sooner rather then later.

I think they are on par with us for sure.. to simply say they ended in 4th all because of one guy is insane… they play attacking footy.. they have a young pack who can get ontop of you.. and the biggest thing is they aren’t going anywhere which helps massively for the future. They look a set team for the next couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post

Compare the teams. Remember we flogged them 46-4 when our top team played them.

I remember well and only watched that game not long ago.. agree we looked awesome and it was cool seeing kezza playing some awesome footy but have to remember they played Walker over Garrick at the back which helped us hugely because he stank that day. Lol.

Comment

Manly a reaping the rewards of that outer Warringah suburb of Blacktown.
        ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Compare the teams. Remember we flogged them 46-4 when our top team played them.
          What were Turbo's stats that day?

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

Haha short memory some people

Comment

If they get their 9 back they are a top 4 team for sure. He may be a grub but he is a high class 9

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

In what way are we better then them at the moment?
                At getting injured

Comment

I’ll try to please you mate. I’ll try my best.

IMO - They have a younger dynamic pack right now the likes of Schuster Paeska Olakaulatu who look real guns in the making. Throw in some vets with taupau who is still averaging 151M and 1.2 offloads a game, aloai and jurbo.

The spine is masterful with DCE and Turbo two of the best in their positions… Croker is no slouch either he surprised many with his performance at 9 and Fainu is still hanging around surely he’ll be in the frame sooner rather then later.

I think they are on par with us for sure.. to simply say they ended in 4th all because of one guy is insane… they play attacking footy.. they have a young pack who can get ontop of you.. and the biggest thing is they aren’t going anywhere which helps massively for the future. They look a set team for the next couple of years.

Thanks for trying, But in reality their pack is far inferior to ours . Would you swap JWH, TKO, Crighton, Collins, Radley for any of Manly's forwards ? Teddy, Keary, Walker and Verrills will match any spine in the league. Seriously, they beat us when we were busted and without many stars. Topus, Manu, Momo and Suaali will be better than anything they can put on the park.

I think they are a good team, but not better than us if we are both full strength. Ofcourse Turbo is a freak, and DCE has proven his value. If you want to have $50 on them against us in any game where we are full strength , or to finish above us on the ladder i will happily take the offer.

Comment

I like Manly, if they stay fit they can win the comp next year but so can the Roosters, Melbourne & Penrith. Im predicting the Raiders to bounce back next year & be around the 4th or 5th spot.
                    I think Souths will still be a very good side next year but I dont think they will make the top 4.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

As I said, they are a one man team, we still flog them with him in the team.

Comment

No team can win a Comp with a 1 man team. All of a sudden if tommy turbo gets injured for the year manly can win.

Comment

Our pack craps on theirs.

Comment

Our pack craps on theirs.
                            Our pack on paper has shit on Souths also in recent years....that hasnt worked out too well

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Thanks for trying, But in reality their pack is far inferior to ours . Would you swap JWH, TKO, Crighton, Collins, Radley for any of Manly's forwards ? Teddy, Keary, Walker and Verrills will match any spine in the league. Seriously, they beat us when we were busted and without many stars. Topus, Manu, Momo and Suaali will be better than anything they can put on the park.

I think they are a good team, but not better than us if we are both full strength. Ofcourse Turbo is a freak, and DCE has proven his value. If you want to have $50 on them against us in any game where we are full strength , or to finish above us on the ladder i will happily take the offer.
                              Honestly? Yes i would. Paseka for SST... Kid is a unit who can do awesome shiz like his TA off the kick return against the titans. Our spine is top notch no doubt about it and honestly again, i think will overtake the likes of DCE and foran by seasons end, at the moment though their ahead. We really cant expect kezza to return in full flight and kill it.. thats being unrealistic and also unfair on the guy so give him time.

Backline is the one area i think we do blow them away in.. We cancel out Turbo with Teddy and then bring in the likes of manu and co we can definitely wreak havoc there.

Comment

Honestly? Yes i would. Paseka for SST... Kid is a unit who can do awesome shiz like his TA off the kick return against the titans. Our spine is top notch no doubt about it and honestly again, i think will overtake the likes of DCE and foran by seasons end, at the moment though their ahead. We really cant expect kezza to return in full flight and kill it.. thats being unrealistic and also unfair on the guy so give him time.

Backline is the one area i think we do blow them away in.. We cancel out Turbo with Teddy and then bring in the likes of manu and co we can definitely wreak havoc there.
                                I know Paseka is a weapon, listed as 120KGS and 1.97m. and still young, we certainly could do with a monster like him, but how many minutes can he play, whats his lateral movement like and can he kick goals?
                                Seriously thats the only area I wish we had more cover, PROP. I hope JWH can keep up his standard for a couple more years, and big hopes for Lindsay to really step into an enforcer role, Baker has plenty of potential too.
                                The way the game seems to be going I am not sure about the long term value of behemoths over 115 kgs, the speed seems to keep increasing.
                                Obviously I am biased towards the Roosters, but many of our young blokes fast tracked their learning curve under great pressure this year, and I think that will pay off big time, Baker and E Butcher could both be stars, Suaali could be a superstar, and Walker showed plenty of guts and skill at 18 years old.... he passed every test, carried an injury all year, imagine the guts that took.
                                We have leaders in the backs and forwards, stars who can do anything and toilers who will work all day.
                                Really, Manly are not in the same class.

Comment

Working...
                                X