Brandon Smith to the Roosters - Maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Of course its not going to happen but I was meaning if the Chooks want to win the comp next year those 2 would be the answer.

I see the Roosters finishing around 4th next year but I cant see them getting the chocolates, in saying that the 2 or 3 teams ahead of them could get serious injuries & hopefully the Roosters dont have injuries & win the comp.
    Are there 3 teams ahead of us though?

The Storm, Panthers and Rabbits have lost the likes of Hynes, Finucane, JAC, Burton, Capewell, Bennett, Reynolds, Gagai, Sua.

And we'll be adding Keary, Collins, Manu, Smith, Suaalii, Watson...

That's a pretty huge swing in talent. I think enough to make us level with Penrith and Storm but ahead of Souffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
      There’s currently a photo circulating around on twitter of smith shaking hands with an official of the titans. It’s a sneaky snap of him and hopefully could turn him off the club but it’s not looking good for our chances..
      Nobody in that photo looks very happy

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose View Post

Nobody in that photo looks very happy
        Just saw it and looks more like "Thanks for taking the time to show me around" and a goodbye. Titans there don't look happy, could be that he said thanks for the offer but no thanks.

Comment

• Should Smith join us and Manu resign would be amazing for morale. A possibility the club is holding off on any announcement to counter the Squid Game drama involving Teddy.

Comment

There’s currently a photo circulating around on twitter of smith shaking hands with an official of the titans. It’s a sneaky snap of him and hopefully could turn him off the club but it’s not looking good for our chances..
            Given it’s the Titans and the cheese good chance there’s a bag and $300 in the middle of that handshake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

The Storm, Panthers and Rabbits have lost the likes of Hynes, Finucane, JAC, Burton, Capewell, Bennett, Reynolds, Gagai, Sua.

That's a pretty huge swing in talent. I think enough to make us level with Penrith and Storm but ahead of Souffs.
              The 3 teams Im referring to are Penrith, Storm & Manly. The reason I think they are slightly ahead of the Chooks is because they have more experience in the halves but like I said if any of them get injuries to their halves the Chooks would jump ahead of them.
              Who knows whats going to come of season 2022 Tommy, if JWH, Rads, SST, Crighton, Keary, Teddy, Manu & Collins all stay fit & Billy Smith, Sammy Walker & Suaalii come out & kill it, we win the comp

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                Should Smith join us and Manu resign would be amazing for morale. A possibility the club is holding off on any announcement to counter the Squid Game drama involving Teddy.
                Re-sign please.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                  Re-sign please.
                  Auto correct havoc

Comment

Re-sign please.
                    Seriously what is wrong with you..
                    Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Re-sign please.
                      Everyone knows what he meant. The concept of resign doesn't exist in the NRL as you are either under contract or you are not. If you are contracted, you aren't able to resign and if you are off contract, you are a free agent and effectively on the open market.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

Yeah I think it's easy to forget that we were neck and neck with the Panthers pre-injuries + being used as THE example for every single bloody 1-week crackdown (IMO we were robbed by the refs in our first game against the Riff - where Cords [and Friend?] were both out anyway).

IMO we were top-2 with the following team...
                        1. Teddy
                        2. Toops
                        3. J-Moz
                        4. Manu
                        5. B-Moz
                        6. Walker
                        7. Keary
                        8. Collins
                        9. Friend
                        10. JWH
                        11. Cords
                        12. Crichton
                        13. Radley

14. Verrills
                        15. SST
                        16. Liu
                        17. Sitili

That was our 2021 roster. We now have...
                        - Collins (returning to replace the likes of Baker and Egan)
                        - Keary back to replace Walker at HB + Hutcho/Lam/Keighran
                        - Watson and Verrille replace Lussick and Marschke at #9
                        - Momirovski, Suaalii and Naiqama in for the Morris brothers, Ikuvalu and Keighran
                        - Who knows... maybe another forward if those Tariq Sims rumours had any substance

Our round 1 2022 team will be nothing like the team we cobbled together in 2021 due to a mixture of injuries and farcical, one-off 'make a point of him' by sending him off then rubbing him out for a month' suspensions.

Comment

• I don't think they need Smith as that role is more than covered with Verrills/Watson/Lussick/Benny Marschke/Lam - just need to develop their running and kicking games- the 800 k plus for Smith being bandied around would be close to the combined salary of all 5 of these players in any case.

Comment

• Ready reckons we’ve basically conceded defeat with smith and dolphins now front runners to get him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

The 3 teams Im referring to are Penrith, Storm & Manly. The reason I think they are slightly ahead of the Chooks is because they have more experience in the halves but like I said if any of them get injuries to their halves the Chooks would jump ahead of them.
                              Who knows whats going to come of season 2022 Tommy, if JWH, Rads, SST, Crighton, Keary, Teddy, Manu & Collins all stay fit & Billy Smith, Sammy Walker & Suaalii come out & kill it, we win the comp
                              I'm happy to take the $8.
                              Penwif - only really strong threat, Capewell is a big loss. Melba always strong, Souffs - haha, Womanly - not sure - bit like when the only attack we had was Freddy, like this yr, fall at last hurdle.

Comment

Ready reckons we’ve basically conceded defeat with smith and dolphins now front runners to get him.
                                That's why we bought Watson instead I reckon....

Comment

Working...
                                X