Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brandon Smith to the Roosters - Maybe

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

    Sammy V is all class, and will develop into a star.
    I agree. He’s still very young. He’s got talent. Some people on here have short memories. Who scored the first try in the 2019 GF? Hmmm! Not to mention that Friend was out most of 2019 and Sam was our hooker. He helped to get us there.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
      I agree. He’s still very young. He’s got talent. Some people on here have short memories. Who scored the first try in the 2019 GF? Hmmm! Not to mention that Friend was out most of 2019 and Sam was our hooker. He helped to get us there.
      I am glad people are starting to see this as well ive been saying it too we should use the cash to retain some key players and look ahead for JWH's replacement.

      Comment


      • Titans will offer him more than us but Smith must consider that coke is cheaper in Sydney’s East than on the Gold Coast (according to Mickie Lane). So he’ll save plenty of money there and he will win competitions with us.

        Comment


        • The Roosters don't seem to mentioned lately as one of the clubs after him. Very good player, but I'm sure we can survive without him.

          Comment


          • I think we can forget about the Cheese.

            Comment


            • [QUOTE=milanja;n912526]B smith meet with the roosters for a show and tell in the next few days.

              it must be hard to meet with uncle nick, and not sign up.[/QUOTE]


              Uncle Nick is the best salesman in the NRL.

              He did make billions selling cars after all

              Comment


              • I imagine it will speak to our club culture, ability to win premierships and a similar club to storm in terms of success buuuut does anyone have the full article for my tightarse self?

                https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/su...haviour=append

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BigCok007 View Post
                  I imagine it will speak to our club culture, ability to win premierships and a similar club to storm in terms of success buuuut does anyone have the full article for my tightarse self?

                  https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/su...haviour=append

                  NRL news: Brandon Smith to meet Sydney Roosters before deciding NRL future

                  Brandon Smith will keep the clutch of Queensland clubs fighting for his signature on hold until he has met the Sydney Roosters and given them a final shot at convincing him to move to Sydney.

                  Smith toured the Dolphins facilities on Thursday and is expected to make a detour via the Roosters on his drive back to Melbourne in the next fortnight.

                  It is understood the Roosters are unlikely to match the dollars on offer in Queensland, but will sell Smith on the idea of competing for premierships and raising his long-term value by playing at a club with a proven pedigree for improving players under the tutelage of coach Trent Robinson.

                  Smith has been on a tour of three of the Queensland clubs over the past fortnight, starting at the Cowboys before visiting the Gold Coast Titans and the Dolphins this week.

                  All that remains is to break bread with the Roosters, something Smith is expected to do in coming weeks as he takes the long road back to Melbourne.

                  News Corp revealed in July that the Roosters were interested in Smith and a potential move to the glamour club would stoke the rivalry between them and the Storm, having been fired in recent years by the switches of Cooper Cronk, Adam O’Brien and Jason Ryles to the Roosters.

                  It is understood Smith will then give Melbourne one final chance to secure his services when he returns to the club to begin pre-season training.

                  Smith has become the hottest property on the open market, having entered the final year of his deal on November 1.

                  His manager Stan Martin sent an email to all 16 clubs at 5.59am on November 1, only a matter of hours after the window opened calling for clubs to table their offers for the New Zealand international.

                  Martin had made no secret of his plans to take Smith to market and he made it eminently clear in his email that he expected his client to receive offers commensurate with his place in the game.

                  According to Martin, Smith was one of the top 10 players in the NRL last season. He also made it clear that Smith wanted to be considered as a starting hooker and any offer was to exclude third party agreements.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post


                    NRL news: Brandon Smith to meet Sydney Roosters before deciding NRL future

                    Brandon Smith will keep the clutch of Queensland clubs fighting for his signature on hold until he has met the Sydney Roosters and given them a final shot at convincing him to move to Sydney.

                    Smith toured the Dolphins facilities on Thursday and is expected to make a detour via the Roosters on his drive back to Melbourne in the next fortnight.

                    It is understood the Roosters are unlikely to match the dollars on offer in Queensland, but will sell Smith on the idea of competing for premierships and raising his long-term value by playing at a club with a proven pedigree for improving players under the tutelage of coach Trent Robinson.

                    Smith has been on a tour of three of the Queensland clubs over the past fortnight, starting at the Cowboys before visiting the Gold Coast Titans and the Dolphins this week.

                    All that remains is to break bread with the Roosters, something Smith is expected to do in coming weeks as he takes the long road back to Melbourne.

                    News Corp revealed in July that the Roosters were interested in Smith and a potential move to the glamour club would stoke the rivalry between them and the Storm, having been fired in recent years by the switches of Cooper Cronk, Adam O’Brien and Jason Ryles to the Roosters.

                    It is understood Smith will then give Melbourne one final chance to secure his services when he returns to the club to begin pre-season training.

                    Smith has become the hottest property on the open market, having entered the final year of his deal on November 1.

                    His manager Stan Martin sent an email to all 16 clubs at 5.59am on November 1, only a matter of hours after the window opened calling for clubs to table their offers for the New Zealand international.

                    Martin had made no secret of his plans to take Smith to market and he made it eminently clear in his email that he expected his client to receive offers commensurate with his place in the game.

                    According to Martin, Smith was one of the top 10 players in the NRL last season. He also made it clear that Smith wanted to be considered as a starting hooker and any offer was to exclude third party agreements.
                    Not all heroes wear capes! Thank you kind sir

                    Comment


                    • If I was Smith I would be all in with the Dolphins. Take the money and become the face of the new franchise. Sounds like a nice gig to me.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post
                        If I was Smith I would be all in with the Dolphins. Take the money and become the face of the new franchise. Sounds like a nice gig to me.
                        You can’t make him the face of the club after his coke incident.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ccfc bondi View Post
                          The Roosters don't seem to mentioned lately as one of the clubs after him. Very good player, but I'm sure we can survive without him.
                          In today's paper they are.

                          Comment


                          • Sam Verrills is a consistent steady NRL 9. Just my opinion he won't evolve into anything more than that due to his lack of attack. His try in the GF was great, but can you name many more of his attacking plays ? He rarely puts the D line in two minds allowing them to easily race up on our 1st & 2nd defenders..
                            Smith on the other hand is all class with a huge motor and can actually play numerous positions even though we would be chasing him as a 9 which sort of sums up the clubs faith in Verrills moving forward as our first choice 9. Every touch Smith looks dangerous and goes a million miles per hour, defensive lines struggle to contain him. I believe he is that good if we got him come 2023, with Keary still here and Walker another season in firsts, there would be no beating us !!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
                              It's either the Titans or the Dolphins.


                              Won't be coming to the Roosters.
                              Depends on his mindset... if it's about winning another comp or chasing the cash.

                              Comment


                              • “The Roosters were the other club that was keen on Brandon but I think his mother was with him when he had that meeting at the Gold Coast. His family are now living up in southeast Queensland so I think he wants to be close to them.

                                “I think there’s an acknowledgment by the Roosters and Melbourne that it just won’t be happening.”

                                However, the latest Newscorp report claims Smith will meet with the Roosters on his way back to Melbourne. They won’t be able to offer the same money as the Titans or Dolphins, but can offer the prospect of playing for premierships.



                                So he's not coming to the Chooks but he is going to drop in on his way back to Melbourne. That makes sense!!!!
                                Originally posted by The Sack;n823995

                                Watch out, you will get bombarded with gay and animal porn now. One sick individual.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X