This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Sorry Rooster Boi for the smackdown. I thought you were being a smart ass maybe misinterpreted.

Have liked your previous contributions, keep up the good work.
    No, no I wasn't being a smartarse, sorry if I came off as such, was trying to just explain the show in more detail just to give a better understanding of the show. I wouldn't wanna seem like it. I genuinely appreciate your kind words on my previous contributions, I'm happy to be making meaningful contributions for everyone and try not to anger or come off as an know it all.

Comment

I saw an Asian man on tik tok ( presumably Vietnamese) mocking how Vietnamese would announce train stations, how they pronounce car names etc… is that being racist or is it ok because he’s Asian? Was this girl’s sister as offended by him and reported him to tik tok and have him apologise and remove the posts?

I do not condone racism and stereotyping, but I must say society has gone overboard and people are just looking for things to be offended by, so they can feel some sense of importance.

Comment

He said/she said. I've got no reason to believe a random 20 year old girl who got put up to being a victim by her sister and friends who took to instagram to air the story out.

I reckon I've heard racism from Roosters fans at every game I've ever been to though and I'll never forget the young kid in Bay 13 that yelled out Chris Sandow was a "black c..." it's a big problem in society that needs to be stamped out.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
          I saw an Asian man on tik tok ( presumably Vietnamese) mocking how Vietnamese would announce train stations, how they pronounce car names etc… is that being racist or is it ok because he’s Asian? Was this girl’s sister as offended by him and reported him to tik tok and have him apologise and remove the posts?
          Talk about not being able to read the room, farkin hell

Comment

Anyone who thinks Teddy has anything to answer for is absolutely kidding themselves.

Not because subtle racist jokes are ok; but because the basis for this accusation is total hearsay at best.

We can't carry the attitude that Teddy "should know better" when the strength of the accusation is so laughably thin.

So if there is a victim here it's Tedesco because he has had his character called into question due to an accusation that would appear so weak it wouldn't even get laughed into a court, let alone have the chance to get laughed out of court.

Comment

“It was a group of about ten footy boys, and I was pretty intimidated. It felt pretty bad being laughed at,” Trinh said. “A 20-year-old tiny girl, waiting for a lift home and you have a bunch of guys come up to you and laugh at you for being Asian.
              If anyone genuinely believes this scenario actually happened then you've lost your mind.

A more likely scenario is this woman was eavesdropping on these footballers and fantasized they were talking about her, instead they were just talking about the show and ignored her - this is what really annoyed her, they didn't notice her. She decided to recount a fantasy to her female friends and sister the next day who were rightly outraged, she likely didn't expect her sister to post a rant on instagram though and now she has to just roll with the fantasy and hope it blows over as "inconclusive" or face being exposed as a liar.

Comment

Everyone is too precious & thin skinned.
                Sticks & stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.
                And by the way that women in the Souths outfit is hot.

Comment

Guys, Please this is all untrue. This woman is making things up as she goes.
                  Teddy is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He is the complete opposite of what is being portrayed here.

She says there was 10 players Not True. She will be exposed and I can see Teddy getting solicitors ready to sue for defamation as we speak.

Comment

On a racist scale of one to ten, yelling out a name of an Asian tv show to an Asian is probably a 0.5 or one FFS.

It’s like yelling out ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ to farian mun.
                    Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                      On a racist scale of one to ten, yelling out a name of an Asian tv show to an Asian is probably a 0.5 or one FFS.

It’s like yelling out ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ to farian mun.
                      I reckon its a bit like yelling out the name Yum Cha. Surely if you're of Asian decent & someone yells out Yum Cha you dont get offended. If someone yelled out White bread in my vicinity I wouldnt even bat an eye lid.
                      A lot of Asian women are good looking IMO especially the Filo's. Some of them are smokin hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I reckon its a bit like yelling out the name Yum Cha. Surely if you're of Asian decent & someone yells out Yum Cha you dont get offended. If someone yelled out White bread in my vicinity I wouldnt even bat an eye lid.
                        A lot of Asian women are good looking IMO especially the Filo's. Some of them are smokin hot.
                        The ones you are looking at are not women Mickie mun.
                        Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post
                          I'll preface this by clarifying I am Asian and Vietnamese. If Teddy did say what he said towards that lady, it could be interpreted as being racist and he should know better.

The comments suggesting that he has nothing to be accountable for and he will never be able to open his mouth in public again are rubbish - and clearly miss the point.

That said, this is not a huge deal. You'd just expect your club captain to be better.
                          Your comment seems to insinuate that Teddy did this. I for one would not believe this story in a million years. But you seem to have your doubts about the integrity of our captain. I have met Teddy and chatted with him on a few occasions. I found him to be an absolute gentleman. He is the sort of person who wouldn’t say a bad thing about anyone. He is a role model in every sense of the word.
                          On another note it makes me very angry when someone who finds out that a guy is famous and can’t wait to plaster slurs that he is a racist all over social media. There’s a word for it and it’s called Defamation. How is it that people get away with this without evidence. It’s wrong.
                          I would love it if the club took this woman to court for spreading this accusation on social media.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post

You are an over-sensitive baby. My wife is Japanese and we love saying mock racist shit to each other.
                            Exactly....my best mates are Chinese and Italian...we all take the piss outta one another frequently about our respective racial origins.
                            My Chinese mate calls himself a banana...white on the inside, yellow on the outside.
                            What's it with people these days, offended at the drop of a hat. Lighten the hell up ......

Comment

No one gave a fck about poor old Callum Murray's feelings.
                              double standards

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

The ones you are looking at are not women Mickie mun.
                                Heheheh
                                Top come back.

Comment

Working...
                                X