Hodgson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I think this is a good combo. TBH I don't think there's a lot of 'better' rakes right now who would fit our culture/gameplan. Thus, I'd prefer to develop Verrills & Watson.

Woulda taken Brandon until his stupid crack sniffing incident. Other than that? I can't see us signing Cook, Rein, Koroisau, Brailey, Grant, Granville, Hodgson, DCE, Hunt...etc. IMO none are 'MUST HAVE' players.

Friend filled a special place as our captain. Teddy's replaced that. I think that as Verrills gets a proper offseason into him and his eye heals up, he'll be a solid long-term hooker.
    You wouldn’t take grant? He’s worth a shout.

Comment

The Islander kid who was preferred to Api at Manly was very promising but he took a knife to a church social. Surely he's done his time and would be a fine rehab candidate. I like Verrills but he lacks that Cook style mercurial gallop out of the ruck. Maybe the eye has dampened his enthusiasm?

Comment

Why write off Verirlls? He is young coming off an ACL and an eye injury and hasn't had a proper off-season being fit and proper. Give him this season, he'll come good.
        Last edited by RoosterBoi; 10-21-2021, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterBoi View Post
          Why write off Verirlls? He is young coming off an ACL and an eye injury and hasn't had a proper off-season being fit and proper. Give him this season, he'll come good.
          Agreed, two of the biggest injuries to actually effect your play.

He'll have the side back next year and a full preseason, he'll come good.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
            The Islander kid who was preferred to Api at Manly was very promising but he took a knife to a church social. Surely he's done his time and would be a fine rehab candidate. I like Verrills but he lacks that Cook style mercurial gallop out of the ruck. Maybe the eye has dampened his enthusiasm?
            Agreed PC Verrilis needs to develop that speed outta the ruck many times he has been caught at marker trying to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

You wouldn’t take grant? He’s worth a shout.
              Happy for somebody else to pay him $$$

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterBoi View Post
                Same reason Jake Friend was written off continually throughout his career, he isn't a ball runner.

Comment

Hodgson is English filth. I wouldn’t want him anywhere near our club. Let the desperado Tigers overpay for him.

Comment

I thought Verrils out played Hodgson in a grand final.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                      Hodgson is English filth. I wouldn’t want him anywhere near our club. Let the desperado Tigers overpay for him.
                      what was morley ?

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

What BP was eluding to is that 9 out of 10 hookers started out as halfbacks i.e Nathan Brown, Danny Buderus, Geoff Toovey, PJ Marsh, Anthony Mitchell, Jake Turpin etc..
                        Our very own Jake Friend grew up in the Cairns juniors as a cheeky halfback.

This evolution started around late 80's early 90's. The likes of Max Krillich, Steve Edge and Royce Simmons were the last bastions of genuine old rakes. It's no coincidence it's about the same time they took
                        the contest out of the scrum and raking for the ball at marker.
                        How about giving us a few half backs from the last few years not a couple from 10 years ago. Also Jake Friend played for Noosa Pirates at Cooroy on the sunny coast it’s about 1600kms from Cairns.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

what was morley ?
                          My jibe wasn’t at English people it was at Hodgson.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

My jibe wasn’t at English people it was at Hodgson.
                            oh ok, morley was a grub and legend, tough as teak

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                              I thought Verrils out played Hodgson in a grand final.
                              If the only run he ever took in his career was to score that GF try, he can pass from dummy half all day long for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

what was morley ?
                                Morley was nothing but English Filth lol
                                In the best possible way

Comment

Working...
                                X