No announcement yet.

Be good to see Momirovski get the win on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love how articles like that use words like 'raiding' and 'poaching', cuz, it's not like the player has a choice or anything! If a club is so desperate to keep a player they would make them an offer that would keep them there at their beloved club.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
      Apart from Souffs losing and everything that went with it seeing Momi collect his ring was the best part of the night.
      Really? Would you have enjoyed seeing Latrell get a ring too?

I don’t want any x-Rooster to be successful if they play for an opposition team.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Really? Would you have enjoyed seeing Latrell get a ring too?

I don’t want any x-Rooster to be successful if they play for an opposition team.
        To be fair, the two are different (one put us in a difficult position by saying he'd get back to us on a 'take it or leave it' offer then having a massive cry... the other moved away for a promotion that we weren't able to offer him).

That said, I can't say it brings me joy to see him or the Riff win. I'm glad Souffs + Melbourne lost and can stomach a Pemriff win. However, Easts are my team.

TBH if I was cheering for every ex-Rooster I'd never have a sad day because we've provided the comp with so many quality players.

Comment

Momirovski was mentioned today in a SMH article that his manager has requested a release and granted by Penrith to search for a longer term / better deal. The Roosters have expressed interest in bringing him home.

Comment

Originally posted by Davo View Post
            Momirovski was mentioned today in a SMH article that his manager has requested a release and granted by Penrith to search for a longer term / better deal. The Roosters have expressed interest in bringing him home.
            I hope we "poach" him over our arch enemies and Momo's junior club Souffs! They're looking for an outside back to replace Gagai, Burns who's off to the Dogs and Moga who's got a lifeline at the Merge.

Comment

Rivals circling premiership-winning Panther Paul Momirovski, Penrith allow centre to look elsewhere

Panthers centre Paul Momirovski is on the verge of joining a fifth NRL club in as many years.

The premiership-winning Panther has been granted permission by the club to find a new team next season, despite being under contract with Penrith for another year.

According to a Sydney Morning Herald report, the Roosters, the club Momirovski made his debut with in 2018, are interested in bringing the centre back to Bondi.

​​​​​​The Sea Eagles and Warriors have also expressed interest in the 25-year-old.

It's understood Penrith won't stand in Momirovski's way, should he attract a lucrative contract elsewhere.

​​​​​​Momirovski joined the Panthers this year after spending last season with the Storm while on loan from the Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by Davo View Post
                Rivals circling premiership-winning Panther Paul Momirovski, Penrith allow centre to look elsewhere

Panthers centre Paul Momirovski is on the verge of joining a fifth NRL club in as many years.

The premiership-winning Panther has been granted permission by the club to find a new team next season, despite being under contract with Penrith for another year.

According to a Sydney Morning Herald report, the Roosters, the club Momirovski made his debut with in 2018, are interested in bringing the centre back to Bondi.

​​​​​​The Sea Eagles and Warriors have also expressed interest in the 25-year-old.

It's understood Penrith won't stand in Momirovski's way, should he attract a lucrative contract elsewhere.

​​​​​​Momirovski joined the Panthers this year after spending last season with the Storm while on loan from the Tigers.
                Solid player on not much coin, after losing the twins, we would be mad not to get him back, better than anyone we have at the moment anyway.

Comment

Seems strange as the first article- 5th October - the Riff want him long term

Now he will be rewarded with a long-term deal at the Panthers after chief executive Brian Fletcher confirmed the underrated centre was part of the club’s long-term plans following the departures of outside backs Matt Burton and Brent Naden to Canterbury.

“We’ll sit down with Paul and the retention committee in the new year and discuss his future – I’d say he will be a Panther for a while, that is for sure,” Fletcher said about Momirovski, who is contracted until the end of 2022.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...f66825c879fbdc

Then this article - 19th October

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/panther...1-5825f8125a65

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                    Seems strange as the first article- 5th October - the Riff want him long term

Now he will be rewarded with a long-term deal at the Panthers after chief executive Brian Fletcher confirmed the underrated centre was part of the club’s long-term plans following the departures of outside backs Matt Burton and Brent Naden to Canterbury.

“We’ll sit down with Paul and the retention committee in the new year and discuss his future – I’d say he will be a Panther for a while, that is for sure,” Fletcher said about Momirovski, who is contracted until the end of 2022.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...f66825c879fbdc

Then this article - 19th October

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/panther...1-5825f8125a65
                    Shows how full of shit they are. Wanted to keep him happy all the way to the GF and lied about his future. Shocker.

Comment

Good depth player.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Shows how full of shit they are. Wanted to keep him happy all the way to the GF and lied about his future. Shocker.
                        I think they're feeling the same pain we've had to endure tasting GF success and having gun players like Kikau off contract.
                        Kikau is a keeper where as Momo is replaceable.

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

I think they're feeling the same pain we've had to endure tasting GF success and having gun players like Kikau off contract.
                          Kikau is a keeper where as Momo is replaceable.
                          Kikau a gun player? Send through your dealers number mate, I’d like to have some of what you’re smoking

Comment

Talk on here from David Riccio that Momirovski is looking at around $350K a year. Also me may look at Kevin Naiqama. Maybe one last fling. Listen to the podcast around 16 mins

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/10/...gnal-interest/

Comment

Originally posted by tloos1999 View Post

Kikau a gun player? Send through your dealers number mate, I’d like to have some of what you’re smoking
                              Your opinion but I'd bet my left nut that most clubs would love to have this devastating runner in their forward pack and offer a premium price bc he's damn worth it. Starting to show an offload and a bit of ball play as well. Tons of potential.
                              He's also something like 23 yo and a main stay for years to come.
                              BTW....catch a glimpse of his extraordinary effort against Storm in the later part of the year to deny their centre a try in the final seconds. SPECIAL!

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

Your opinion but I'd bet my left nut that most clubs would love to have this devastating runner in their forward pack and offer a premium price bc he's damn worth it. Starting to show an offload and a bit of ball play as well. Tons of potential.
                                He's also something like 23 yo and a main stay for years to come.
                                BTW....catch a glimpse of his extraordinary effort against Storm in the later part of the year to deny their centre a try in the final seconds. SPECIAL!
                                Kikau's too inconsistent to ever be worth more than 750k, but the space he creates purely through the numbers he attracts makes him so valuable.

Comment

Working...
                                X