X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easts75
    replied
    Originally posted by Steakface View Post
    Suluka Fifita clearly not in the plans moving fwd.

I suspect Sitili and Verills could also be under the microscope to a degree.

By club standards, defence in the middle has been atrocious this year.

Cordner and Friend not being there hurt a lot, as well as having Radley out for long periods (id also argue Rads hasn't been quite right on the mental health side this year either.)

Also, on a slightly longer timeline prop is a concern imo. JWH will retire in 2023, and SST's ACL ridden knees are a big concern as to whether they will affect him ongoing. Liu is gone. Collins will take a while to come back from his ACL.
    I think Sitili has a lot to offer....but not as a starter.
    Off the bench he could be devastating and more effective in defense also not being as gasssd.

We need a 9 with more spark, not sure Verrills offers that. Yes he was coming back from injury but he doesn't put much doubt in the oppositions mind.

Leave a comment:

• Thirteen
    replied
    Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I think the game proved that Harry Grant's over-rated. B-Smith goes off with a head injury, Grant comes on and (all too predictable to me) there's no quick flurry of tries.

To me, the Drizz would be stupid to release him. Personally, I'd release Grant to the Doggies/Brisbane on a $1m a year contract and forget about the media's wonderchild.
    I think Harry just had a bad night. He’s a great player.

Leave a comment:

• Thirteen
    replied
    Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong but by the time the final series rolled around, Collins was the only forward missing (forget Cords and Friend) so we’ll basically have the same pack next year minus Ice. They didn’t really cover themselves in glory.
    I agree mate. Unless we recruit we won’t compete with the top 3 or 4 next year.

Leave a comment:

• Thirteen
    replied
    You can’t replace Cords, Jake and Liu with young guys and expect to win the comp next year. These guys would need at least 3 years to become seasoned NRL players. That would be unacceptable to the boss who wants to win the comp every year. Therefore I believe there will be changes made to the squad in the coming weeks.

Leave a comment:

• GrubBER
    replied
    Originally posted by Steakface View Post
    Something to consider.....

Payne Haas, contrary to popular belief, has NOT signed a 6 year mammoth deal with the Bronocs.

That deal was tabled with the assistance of his former management, who he is trying to shake loose.

Not only that, Payne Haas is currently being mentored and advised by the one and only SBW before he finds new management.

This guy is just what we need....literally the best prop in the comp, and he'd be worth every cent.

The question is, does the money freed up by Cords & Friend cover him? And would he take a cheaper deal than at the Broncs to come to the Roosters?

Haas
    Verills / Watson
    JWH
    Crighton
    Butcher
    Radley

+ Collins, SST, E Butcher

.........is a cracking pack.
    For a couple weeks now ive known something but didn’t want to share it right now incase,,,

BUT anyways someone close to me knows
    K-Nasser through community gatherings & theres pretty strong mail we are going pretty hard to try lure
    PAYNE HAAS!! over with the assistance of sbw.
    looking like 20% for 2023 or 75% chance for 2024 onwards

Fingers crossed!!
    Last edited by GrubBER; 09-26-2021, 10:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Roosterfarian
    replied
    Correct me if I’m wrong but by the time the final series rolled around, Collins was the only forward missing (forget Cords and Friend) so we’ll basically have the same pack next year minus Ice. They didn’t really cover themselves in glory.

Leave a comment:

• mattyh
    replied
    addition

Leave a comment:

• mattyh
    replied
    at first i didnt like the thoughaddition t, but b smith as a ball playing 2nd rower would be a h uge

Leave a comment:

• ism22
    replied
    Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
    If they are to let go of anyone I would suspect DSF with others jumping ahead of him.

it will be interesting now that the Storm season is over whether talk if Cheese coming starts up again.
    I think the game proved that Harry Grant's over-rated. B-Smith goes off with a head injury, Grant comes on and (all too predictable to me) there's no quick flurry of tries.

To me, the Drizz would be stupid to release him. Personally, I'd release Grant to the Doggies/Brisbane on a $1m a year contract and forget about the media's wonderchild.

Leave a comment:

• bondi.boy
    replied
    Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
    If they are to let go of anyone I would suspect DSF with others jumping ahead of him.

it will be interesting now that the Storm season is over whether talk if Cheese coming starts up again.
    No...gets concussed or injured every other game.
    DSF was needed to stand in front of Turbo as we got thrashed by Manly.
    We must persist with him.

Leave a comment:

• Keith
    replied
    I think we need some durability or just a bit of luck will do.

I like our forwards when all fit , I hope the coach can get DSF back on track. The talents is there , just need the Storm treatment.
    we need more oomph , we can’t rely on JWH and SST for much longer

Leave a comment:

• Steakface
    replied
    Something to consider.....

Payne Haas, contrary to popular belief, has NOT signed a 6 year mammoth deal with the Bronocs.

That deal was tabled with the assistance of his former management, who he is trying to shake loose.

Not only that, Payne Haas is currently being mentored and advised by the one and only SBW before he finds new management.

This guy is just what we need....literally the best prop in the comp, and he'd be worth every cent.

The question is, does the money freed up by Cords & Friend cover him? And would he take a cheaper deal than at the Broncs to come to the Roosters?

Haas
    Verills / Watson
    JWH
    Crighton
    Butcher
    Radley

+ Collins, SST, E Butcher

.........is a cracking pack.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Harris
    replied
    I think the roosters squad is looking pretty good next year, forwards especially. Would like another big bodied winger. Although for the life of me I don't understand why we let Issac Lui go.
    Issac has never had a bad game as far as I can remember. Hoping he just wanted to return home. The Titans are starting to resemble the Roosters and are top 4 side next year.

Leave a comment:

• Davo
    replied
    I think were hoping our Fijian Flyer VK will get a crack at a wing spot...

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied
    An article today says Ikuvalu homeless for next year atm.

Will he re-sign? If we lose two Moz and possibly an Iku surely there's a signing or two in the backs. Heard Zac Cini might be under consideration....not too excited.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X