Shake up coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shake up coming?

I don’t claim to be in the know here folks but for some reason I have this strong feeling that the coaching staff are looking to shake up our forward pack.

I think they sense something amiss and our club isn’t one to die wondering so I’m suspecting some possible signings and letting some people go in our forward pack this year and next.

The new rules have been in place for almost two seasons now so I think they have settled on the type of front rower, hooker etc they want moving forward. Now it’s a matter of who fits the bill and who doesn’t. It won’t surprise me if we sign at least a hooker, front rower and second rower.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Roosterfarian; 09-26-2021, 12:48 PM.
    Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

If they are to let go of anyone I would suspect DSF with others jumping ahead of him.

it will be interesting now that the Storm season is over whether talk if Cheese coming starts up again.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
      If they are to let go of anyone I would suspect DSF with others jumping ahead of him.

it will be interesting now that the Storm season is over whether talk if Cheese coming starts up again.
      Cheese is great, but his kamikaze style may lead him to an early retirement.

Comment

Suluka Fifita clearly not in the plans moving fwd.

I suspect Sitili and Verills could also be under the microscope to a degree.

By club standards, defence in the middle has been atrocious this year.

Cordner and Friend not being there hurt a lot, as well as having Radley out for long periods (id also argue Rads hasn't been quite right on the mental health side this year either.)

Also, on a slightly longer timeline prop is a concern imo. JWH will retire in 2023, and SST's ACL ridden knees are a big concern as to whether they will affect him ongoing. Liu is gone. Collins will take a while to come back from his ACL.
        Last edited by Steakface; 09-26-2021, 05:24 PM.

Comment

With everyone fit I reckon we have a great pack as is. I hate the thought of throwing big money at the "cheese"
          Don't know anything about Renouf Atoni, but he would be cheap, he's likely squeezed out with all the big money they're spending on addo carr, burton, pangai, and we're buying low. Who knows what he might develop into with us being around Siua and Jared.

Comment

I’d be happy with a bit of second phase play from a prop or 2nd rower if we are looking to recruit, I don’t think sims would add much to what we already have.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
              I’d be happy with a bit of second phase play from a prop or 2nd rower if we are looking to recruit, I don’t think sims would add much to what we already have.
              I think Sims would go ok.

Yoir points about offloads and second phase play 100%. I wouldn’t mind a season or two out of Marty Taupau on that front.
              Originally posted by Andrew Walker;n907331
              Another imbecile who is mentally and intellectually beneath myself in every imaginable level.

Comment

An article today says Ikuvalu homeless for next year atm.

Will he re-sign? If we lose two Moz and possibly an Iku surely there's a signing or two in the backs. Heard Zac Cini might be under consideration....not too excited.

Comment

I think were hoping our Fijian Flyer VK will get a crack at a wing spot...

Comment

I think the roosters squad is looking pretty good next year, forwards especially. Would like another big bodied winger. Although for the life of me I don't understand why we let Issac Lui go.
                    Issac has never had a bad game as far as I can remember. Hoping he just wanted to return home. The Titans are starting to resemble the Roosters and are top 4 side next year.

Comment

Something to consider.....

Payne Haas, contrary to popular belief, has NOT signed a 6 year mammoth deal with the Bronocs.

That deal was tabled with the assistance of his former management, who he is trying to shake loose.

Not only that, Payne Haas is currently being mentored and advised by the one and only SBW before he finds new management.

This guy is just what we need....literally the best prop in the comp, and he'd be worth every cent.

The question is, does the money freed up by Cords & Friend cover him? And would he take a cheaper deal than at the Broncs to come to the Roosters?

Haas
                      Verills / Watson
                      JWH
                      Crighton
                      Butcher
                      Radley

+ Collins, SST, E Butcher

.........is a cracking pack.

Comment

I think we need some durability or just a bit of luck will do.

I like our forwards when all fit , I hope the coach can get DSF back on track. The talents is there , just need the Storm treatment.
                        we need more oomph , we can’t rely on JWH and SST for much longer

Comment

No...gets concussed or injured every other game.
                          DSF was needed to stand in front of Turbo as we got thrashed by Manly.
                          We must persist with him.

Comment

I think the game proved that Harry Grant's over-rated. B-Smith goes off with a head injury, Grant comes on and (all too predictable to me) there's no quick flurry of tries.

To me, the Drizz would be stupid to release him. Personally, I'd release Grant to the Doggies/Brisbane on a $1m a year contract and forget about the media's wonderchild.

Comment

at first i didnt like the thoughaddition t, but b smith as a ball playing 2nd rower would be a h uge

Comment

Working...
                              X