Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panfersv Souffs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    So much for the immortal.....

    ​​​​​​https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/why...22-p58tsr.html

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
      So much for the immortal.....

      ​​​​​​https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/why...22-p58tsr.html
      LOL. Can't stand ajohns due to his apparent disdain for the Roosters.
      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

      Thomas Jefferson

      Comment


      • #33
        Go Riff.

        Comment


        • #34
          FMD I am glad I do not earn a living from picking NRL winners.
          How the Storm lost this game is beyond belief, given the way they trampled sides this year.
          I thought they were specials to win the comp.
          I have to hand it to the Riff though - those desperate tackles stopping Bromwich, Paps , and Hughes from scoring were pretty special.
          And again, its a case of a team beating themselves - Storm made errors which prevented them from applying more pressure, and icing the game.
          How would you feel if you were a Storm supporter- knowing you had the best side by far, won the minor premiership, won 19 in a row, and created points coring records along the way?
          You would ask yourself for months - how did we lose - how did that just happen?.
          We cannot lose - but we just did.
          I would have to say, with the side that they had, you wonder whether bellyache had them mentally tuned in to go on with the job. Something was missing from their game today.
          I am so glad that Trent and the Roosters nailed their opportunities in 2018 and 2019

          Comment


          • #35
            The Storm's loss shows just how freaking hard it is to go b2b. They had everything in their favour and yet, boom, it's all over.

            It's hard. Damn hard.

            And our Prelim win vs Storm and GF win vs Canberra will stand the test of time as epic gladatorial triumphs.

            Two trys conceded across both games. An epic, once in a generation effort.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post

              LOL. Can't stand ajohns due to his apparent disdain for the Roosters.
              Johns is not great at tipping in big games one has to say - I hope he is tipping Souths in the GF

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                The Storm's loss shows just how freaking hard it is to go b2b. They had everything in their favour and yet, boom, it's all over.

                It's hard. Damn hard.

                And our Prelim win vs Storm and GF win vs Canberra will stand the test of time as epic gladatorial triumphs.

                Two trys conceded across both games. An epic, once in a generation effort.
                And so it should stand.
                "I don't think anything I've ever done is wrong" - Homer J Simpson

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

                  Johns is not great at tipping in big games one has to say - I hope he is tipping Souths in the GF
                  Johns isn't great at much off the field.

                  He was a once in a generation player. But as an analyst, commentator and halves coach he misses the mark all the time.

                  Not to mention, if you are an upcoming player who hails from the Hunter region you are guaranteed that Johns will be relentless in the media pumping their tyres up, even if they happen to be bog average.

                  Jarrod Mullen, Tex Hoy, Phoenix Crossland, Jack Cogger etc etc were all meant to be the next Andrew Johns at some point.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
                    FMD I am glad I do not earn a living from picking NRL winners.
                    How the Storm lost this game is beyond belief, given the way they trampled sides this year.
                    I thought they were specials to win the comp.
                    I have to hand it to the Riff though - those desperate tackles stopping Bromwich, Paps , and Hughes from scoring were pretty special.
                    And again, its a case of a team beating themselves - Storm made errors which prevented them from applying more pressure, and icing the game.
                    How would you feel if you were a Storm supporter- knowing you had the best side by far, won the minor premiership, won 19 in a row, and created points coring records along the way?
                    You would ask yourself for months - how did we lose - how did that just happen?.
                    We cannot lose - but we just did.
                    I would have to say, with the side that they had, you wonder whether bellyache had them mentally tuned in to go on with the job. Something was missing from their game today.
                    I am so glad that Trent and the Roosters nailed their opportunities in 2018 and 2019
                    george Jennings dropping the ball to an open try line with nobody near him killed them, they looked cooked after that, what did they have, five straight sets, and come up with nothing.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      And then there were two..."teacher's pet 1" and "teacher's pet 2" some people are saying.
                      Easy draws, favourable refereeing as their playing styles suit the game managers.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
                        My mind is already in off-season mode.. not bothered nor interested in the footy anymore. Until 2022!
                        Yep and I don't think it's a negative thing to do that. I support Easts and watch us play. Doubt Souffs and Pemriff fans were cheering for us in 2013, 2018 and 2019.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Form aside, the way Penrith were celebrating after they beat the Storms was like they’d won the premiership. Contrast that to measured acknowledgment from the Souths players after their win, lead by Chookpen favourite Cody Walker makes me think Souths have the upper hand. Coupled with the Souths having the week off and Penrith playing two tough games in a row gives Souths the edge. Penriths defence was premiership-like last night. We’ll see how it plays out on Sunday
                          ..it’ll be interesting to see

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Whilst I preferred Melb to be Souffs GF opponent because I'd be more confident of the vermin getting beat against the Storm ...the good thing now that its Penriff will be the media wont be totally championing the Vermin all week. If it was Storm v Souffs, no doubt this whole GF week we would be hearing how Souffs are the people's team and everyones second team and all of Sydney is behind them, and they are the good guys, underdogs, downtrodden, pride of the league yadda yadda yadda vomit !
                            At least now that its the Riff, I expect the media to be a little more even in its support !

                            Also can someone set fire to all the vermin flags down at Coogee Beach ...makes me want to puke !

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                              Form aside, the way Penrith were celebrating after they beat the Storms was like they’d won the premiership. Contrast that to measured acknowledgment from the Souths players after their win, lead by Chookpen favourite Cody Walker makes me think Souths have the upper hand. Coupled with the Souths having the week off and Penrith playing two tough games in a row gives Souths the edge. Penriths defence was premiership-like last night. We’ll see how it plays out on Sunday
                              I have to agree with you. The Riff (while good in defence) have been poor in attack this final series. Only 4 tries in 3 games. Whereas (and I hate to say it) the scum of the league have been playing quite dominant footy post SOO, regularly racking up scores.

                              I hope I'm wrong but on current form I reckon Souffs win this one

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                                Form aside, the way Penrith were celebrating after they beat the Storms was like they’d won the premiership. Contrast that to measured acknowledgment from the Souths players after their win, lead by Chookpen favourite Cody Walker makes me think Souths have the upper hand. Coupled with the Souths having the week off and Penrith playing two tough games in a row gives Souths the edge. Penriths defence was premiership-like last night. We’ll see how it plays out on Sunday
                                Totally agree. I was thinking at fulltime and watching the celbrations if Penrith had played their GF a week early. This was meant to be the 2021 GF and it came a week early for Penriff's revenge !
                                I see similarities to 2003 ...when after a year of having Claytons premiership thrown at us for 2002, we were expected to face off CBury in 2003 ...that came a week early and it was such an emotional charged prelim final that we wiped the floor with them, and we were flat in the GF ...forget Sattler' tackle, we were flat that game and no doubt we played our GF the week before.
                                I'm wondering if its the same for Penriff this year, I certainly hope not ....couldnt stand to see the vermin win it for Bennet and all the downtrodden Verminites !

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X