No announcement yet.

Hutchison and Keary to start next year - Soward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it'll probably depend on how much Walker can bulk up over the off-season. If he's a defensive liability, I can absolutely see Hutch being selected ahead of him.
    I also think Hutch would go quite well with Keary. Then again, I think most halves in the comp would go well with Kez.

Very interested to see where/if Hutch, Watson, Lam and Walker all slot in next season. Very excited to see us go around next year.

Comment

Hutch also has the superior kicking game between Keary, Walker and himself. Walker will be the main man sooner or later but maybe not quite yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
        Someone during the season labelled Hutch "Anasta 2.0" and i'm inclined to agree.

Can do the fundamentals of half work well, but always looks like he is in quicksand.

Although Hutch is not a bad choice per se, the potential of the side won't become fully unlocked until Hutch is no longer behind one of the steering wheels.

Is it possible Hutch could evolve into a ball playing second rower. I personally think he has the potential to do well there.

Lam is a tough one. I've been barracking for him and supporting him and hoping he comes good. I've now resigned myself to the fact that I don't think he will. Not a bad player . . . just not good enough to be doing the job he is doing.
        I can see Hutch turning into a budget version of Wade Graham in the future. Still young, only 25. No speed, but good passing and kicking game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
          Actually think hes right . A big bodied Hutch would suit Luke game . He takes the line on and would take the pressure of Luke. Sam needs at least another year to build up size and learn to tackle to NRL standards.Hutch was awesome for us this year and expect he may Keep Sam on the bench or in reserves for at least the start of 22
          Hutch was good for us this year except for his kicks which were not advantageous for us to compete for or regain the ball. It's absolutely useless to kick the ball down the defenders guts when we are 20 points down.If what we are doing isn't working then we have to change tactics , try a short kick over the defence or even a mid field bomb where we have a chance to regain the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
            If walker ain’t playing regular first grade next year, I expect the new qld franchise will be very happy to sign him up in November 2022.
            Unless he can learn to tackle I’ll happily drive him
            there. Can’t get away with only knowing how to play half the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
              Now thats a comment I can agree with . Great prospect but defence ??????

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
                Actually think hes right . A big bodied Hutch would suit Luke game . He takes the line on and would take the pressure of Luke. Sam needs at least another year to build up size and learn to tackle to NRL standards.Hutch was awesome for us this year and expect he may Keep Sam on the bench or in reserves for at least the start of 22
                Do you mean round 22?

I thought Hutch was an integral part of our results this year and thoroughly deserves a spot in the side somewhere next year.
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Do you mean round 22?

I thought Hutch was an integral part of our results this year and thoroughly deserves a spot in the side somewhere next year.
                  Hahaha no that would be 2022 . And so did I think Hutch was . May well turn out to be very good with age

Comment

Either way the season is long and we will need other halves at some point. Keary, Walker, Hutch, Lam and Watson should all see game time there.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
                      Someone during the season labelled Hutch "Anasta 2.0" and i'm inclined to agree.

Can do the fundamentals of half work well, but always looks like he is in quicksand.

Although Hutch is not a bad choice per se, the potential of the side won't become fully unlocked until Hutch is no longer behind one of the steering wheels.

Is it possible Hutch could evolve into a ball playing second rower. I personally think he has the potential to do well there.

Lam is a tough one. I've been barracking for him and supporting him and hoping he comes good. I've now resigned myself to the fact that I don't think he will. Not a bad player . . . just not good enough to be doing the job he is doing.
                      I think your wrong comparing the two. Ive seen Hutchos jumper dirty. Anastasias jumper got washed once every 4 games
                      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Can't see this happening unless Walker is injured. To me Hutch is a 14, and needs to be trained as that in the off season so he can fill in as a centre, half or back rower.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                          Can't see this happening unless Walker is injured. To me Hutch is a 14, and needs to be trained as that in the off season so he can fill in as a centre, half or back rower.
                          I agree with this versatility. He actually reminds me a lot of Aubo even though I can’t recall how much time in the halves Aubo played.
                          FVCK CANCER

Comment

Sowie understands the importance of a long kicker. Ours is Hutch. I hope Walker develops a long kicking game and adds more weight before next years finals. Sowie could well be right about Hutch and Keary in the meantime. I doubt Robbo going to have Watson and another small player on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                              Remember how bad Manu was years ago there is 5 months to learn how to tackle

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post

I think your wrong comparing the two. Ive seen Hutchos jumper dirty. Anastasias jumper got washed once every 4 games
                                Remember that game braith tried to barge over the line off a short ball and got his ass handed to him? I'd back hutcho anyday lol
                                Last edited by stringaz; 09-23-2021, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X