Ridiculous-Walsh edges out Walker to claim RLPA’s Rookie of the Year honour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

It doesn't matter who you like or who you rate. It's who has played the best in most games not some games. Are any of those players you 'fancy' played well enough in most games above others?
    Yep... I suspect Walsh played more games, so clocked up higher numbers in aggregate. Doesn't mean he's got more potential or is the better player (or that his tram did better). Just means he won more points in aggregate.

Heck, could also be that we had a looot of rookies in our squad this season?

Comment

Reported today that Welsh is not eligible for the Rookie award because he has been suspended twice this year.

Comment

Will miss some games in 2022 one would say

Comment

Oh alright...I think we can rehabilitate Walshie...come on board son.

Comment

Ah yes, white powder.
            60 Minutes had a segment about it a few years ago.
            Detailed were facts that it makes one feel like things are crawling on skin.
            Shown was a young woman walking the street. She was addicted to it, in America.
            She had scratched her upper arm so much she'd worn all the flesh away in one place, down to the bone.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
              Ah yes, white powder.
              She had scratched her upper arm so much she'd worn all the flesh away in one place, down to the bone.
              It is interesting to note that cocaine was one of the ingredients in the original Coca-Cola recipe

Reminds me of The Clash song Koka Kola on the London Calling Album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqIsh9Vdnuc

Last edited by King Salvo; 09-27-2021, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                Ah yes, white powder.
                bb Im not trying to say that cocaine is good or its not highly addictive but in the case of someone like Reece Walsh to try & compare him to some crack addicted young women in America who had scratched her upper arm so much she'd worn all the flesh away is just so over the top.
                Reece Walsh would be like alot of other people who would casually dabble in a bit of nose candy, he doesnt have a drug addiction, he is a healthy very fit athlete that gets tested like all the NRL players regularly. Alot of the younger ones & older ones go out & get on the drink & if you want to be able to drink all night & not be hammered you need a booster so thats where a small bag of coke comes into it.
                Thats what a mate of mine told me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

bb Im not trying to say that cocaine is good or its not highly addictive but in the case of someone like Reece Walsh to try & compare him to some crack addicted young women in America who had scratched her upper arm so much she'd worn all the flesh away is just so over the top.
                  Reece Walsh would be like alot of other people who would casually dabble in a bit of nose candy, he doesnt have a drug addiction, he is a healthy very fit athlete that gets tested like all the NRL players regularly. Alot of the younger ones & older ones go out & get on the drink & if you want to be able to drink all night & not be hammered you need a booster so thats where a small bag of coke comes into it.
                  He was fortunate he wasn't tested with cocaine in his system - one of the irregularities with WADA - Out of competition slap on the wrist and in competition a ban of 1 to 4 years.

NRL has to suspend him for some period of time though

Comment

2C4BAF79-D698-4A93-965A-92D0FD931BAB.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Cocaine may as well be legal.

Comment

Not sure, where else to post as we dont have a topic for the dally m chat.

when the hosts introduced nathan cleary they stated he captained NSW to a series win. how amateur and disrespectful can this lot get to the actual captain and other teams/players.

NRL golden boy gets plaudits for things he didnt even achieve

Comment

Well done Sammy!

Comment

congrats sammy!

rightfully deserved

Comment

Well done, Sammy!

Comment

Teddy captain of the year, well done Teddy!

Comment

Working...
                                X