No announcement yet.

Should the Roosters hire Matt Cecchin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Roosters hire Matt Cecchin?

Matt Cecchin, arguably the best of the modern referees, is finished officiating club games.

However, he might be a good purchase for the Roosters to help them improve their discipline next year.

Just a thought I would share with people here. The Storm also have an ex-referee working with them.

Its an area that we really need to address.

Not the worst idea I've heard. Still can't believe Cecchin doesn't get any finals games, is definitely the best ref in the game for mine.

Comment

We still have Chris James.

Comment

Yes & while they're at it have Nick sitting in the bunker for Roosters games.

Comment

Matt Cecchin was probably the most consistent referee and his read of the game was excellent. The Roosters usually got a fair go with him in charge. His interpretation of the rules was different to the others and in an ABC interview recently he almost admitted that was why he was retiring again.

He’s bought a caravan and is planning a long road trip around OZ with his partner, so unlikely he’s available.

Comment

Checcin left because he wasn't in favour with the referee bosses.

Not sure we want to become any more unliveable with the refs.

Comment

I just enquired about hiring Gerry Sutton, but he's already tied up with 15 other clubs apparently.

Comment

i like it

Comment

What about Mick Gatto?
                  He could do mediation between the chooks and the ref's

Comment

Originally posted by night_shadow View Post
                    Matt Cecchin, arguably the best of the modern referees, is finished officiating club games.

However, he might be a good purchase for the Roosters to help them improve their discipline next year.

Just a thought I would share with people here. The Storm also have an ex-referee working with them.

Its an area that we really need to address.
                    Ever since Cam Smith retired the storm have current referees working with them. I have never seen a side get more leg ups than them.

Owned by news limited and the media which pays the NRL the cash they need. They will also be the NRL's favourite child,

Who said 13 was an unlucky number? 13th Premiership in yr 13 on our 100th anniversary of our 1913 premiership.

Comment

Can he play right wing and kick goals?

Comment

If the idea is to get a referee in - we already have someone. Chris James.

If the idea is to get a referee who knows exactly what the referee bosses want - then it's not Cecchin

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                          I just enquired about hiring Gerry Sutton, but he's already tied up with 15 other clubs apparently.
                          Yeah ill pay that one Jack!! Gave me a good laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                            What about Mick Gatto?
                            He could do mediation between the chooks and the ref's
                            I could make that call..but he is into Soccer
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                              lol

Comment

Working...
                              X