JWH - What a season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWH - What a season

I know there’s going to be a lot of negative threads on here tonight so think it’s only right we call out one of the legends this year.

What a season - arguably his greatest season yet after he started the season on the bench with plenty questioning his short term future in the game and at our club. We finish the season and I’m sure we can all agree we don’t want to see what this season would’ve been if we didn’t have this guy.

i'm in awe of what he's done this season and hope he either wins the jack gibson medal or shares it with teddy

Comment

100%. Aging like fine wine. Top metres of both forward packs tonight

Comment

The heart and soul of the team , and the best front rower in the competition bar none !

Comment

Fantastic season led from the front A true leader.
          We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
          Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Let’s get some positives tonight and tomorrow. Yes tonight was shambolic buttttt.... who cares. We were missing half our team in a season that should be viewed as a win for us. Focus on the positives... only way forward. Looking forward to cyril says on iku

Comment

Agree, I’ll eat my words. He was huge in the backend

Comment

Toops was our best player first half of the season, Jared the second.....Teddy was close to the top most of the season - will be interesting to see if Teddy's player of the year streak comes to an end.

Comment

Cemented his place as one of our all time legends. Courageous is an understatement

Comment

Genuinely the best front-rower in the comp. Shame he only has a year or two left, because it's a privilege watching him go 'round each week.

Comment

He is a machine!

Comment

i feel he wouldve and shoudlve been front runner for captain which he deservers 200% but the only reason he wasnt was because he would the ref would penalise him for requesting a captains challenge for a penalty against him.

couldnt have asked for a better bloke, prop and leader.

next season will be even better for him

Comment

JWH was a beast all year wouldn't trade him for anyone!

Comment

Great year he is the Alpha Dog and a true leader and nothing highlighted it more than him standing guard at the players entrance and giving Latrell a spray after his dog act.

Comment

His retirement will be the hardest to hit the club since Fittler left imo he’s been the heart and soul of the team in the entire Robbo era I’ll genuinely be sad when he’s no longer at the club.

Theres already a sense of changing of the guard with Boyd, Jake, Aubo, Liu all leaving the team. Even though I’ve been a fan since the mid to late 90s as a kid and seen a lot of players it was really in the mid to late 2000s when I became a season ticket holder that I look back and realise how a certain core stayed at the club for so long and it’s pretty much over and how much of a big part of my life it was. Tupou will be the last of that era although he has a while yet.

As much as I loved the Fittler/Stuart era teams I’m more attached to that 2007-2013 group that formed and became so dominant in the 2010s as I saw them week in week out going to home and away games which I haven’t been able to do for a few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X