• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rooster_6
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post

Naufahu Whyte will be that player just a few years off
    Yeh I’m a big fan of Whyte, really intelligent player just needs to get up to the physicality of the NRL. Hopefully gets some more game time next season, I wouldn’t mind seeing the likes of him and Butcher used in a rotation next year with Crichton & Tupouniua.

Leave a comment:

• Rooster_6
    replied
    Originally posted by fletch View Post
    Crichton had 35 tackles and 105 run metres easily out producing any other forward apart from JWH don't think Radley should escape the finger pointing tonight he needs to run far more often than he has done lately only 4 runs for 31m is completely unacceptable for a lock who played 80 minutes.
    Yeh Radley needs to get the balance of his ball running and playing. He’s a really underrated runner of the ball and when he’s not running it makes his ball playing too obvious.

Crichton was poor. Missing tackles, 2 key errors, stupid flop on last tackle and runs that lacked impact - we need to stop wrapping him for the number of tackles he’s made. I think he needs to be rotated next year because he’s shown when he plays in short bursts he can be so effective. He was tremendous for NSW off the bench this year.

Leave a comment:

• elo
    replied
    Robbo needs to adjust to V'landysball.

Leave a comment:

• Rooster90
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

I’m worried the model 2nd rower has changed and we’ve missed a beat, watching the likes of Josh Schuster (22 games), Koloamatangi (35 games) & Olakau’atu (29 games) all playing edge back row and tearing up this year suggests youth isn’t an issue but they’re all physical and skilful.
    Naufahu Whyte will be that player just a few years off

Leave a comment:

• Monaco's Fan Club
    replied
    Players nowhere near our 17 next year. Hutch, Keighan, Lam, Marshke, Ikuvalu, hopefully Toupanua.

Leave a comment:

• Rooster_6
    replied
    Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Apart from Egan & Collins none of those players will be seasoned enough to have an impact come finals time next year. We need a hard edge, someone will be signed
    I’m worried the model 2nd rower has changed and we’ve missed a beat, watching the likes of Josh Schuster (22 games), Koloamatangi (35 games) & Olakau’atu (29 games) all playing edge back row and tearing up this year suggests youth isn’t an issue but they’re all physical and skilful.

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post
    If Tupouniua and Crichton are our edge defenders next year it’ll be more of the same

Terrible tonight and for a lot of the season
    Jake & Cords were work horses in defence for the Chooks for years & they were very very good at it & then to lose them was always going to have an effect on the Roosters defence. Sitilli & Crighton are both highly regarded they would make any NRL team they are in a team that finished with a better defensive record than 13 other teams so I dont think Sitill & Gus are a worry.

Leave a comment:

• zac
    replied
    gus didn't star tonight but he'll go well next year. ditto sitili. we were also pretty weak up the middle

Leave a comment:

• fletch
    replied
    Crichton had 35 tackles and 105 run metres easily out producing any other forward apart from JWH don't think Radley should escape the finger pointing tonight he needs to run far more often than he has done lately only 4 runs for 31m is completely unacceptable for a lock who played 80 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• FlamingRooster
    replied
    1. Tedesco
    2. Tupou/ Vk
    3. Smith/ Keighran/ Sualii
    4. Manu
    5. Smith/ sualii
    6. Walker/ Hutchinson
    7. keary/ volkman
    8. Jwh/ baker/ tapuha
    9. verrills/ keighran/ lam
    10. collins/ atoni
    11. crichton/ egan/ nat
    12. sitili/ Egan/ nat
    13. Rads/ Connor watson
    others: naufahu Whyte, lam, marschke, tariq sims?

this is a team to get excited about lads. Let’s just pick ur team for the final 4 (not the grubs or the drizz) relax for 6 odd months, and look forward to 2022 premiership

Leave a comment:

• Easts75
    replied
    Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post
    Let’s not focus on tonight. Let’s be optimistic. Next year as long as we stay healthy we’re a sure fire grand finalist. I’m not a huge fan of sitili but he’s been strong in attack and only has room to improve. Crichton has butterfingers but is a possible future captain, hard running warrior. Give the guys a break and let’s focus on the positives.
    We need an effective 9. Someone who offers more than a nice pass. Welcome BS
    We need a hard head back rower.Tariq will do

Leave a comment:

• top_joe
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
    Forward pack has been off for a couple of seasons now. I thought it was the area we needed to improve in most this season and sadly I don’t think we have.

Without JWH this season I seriously think it would’ve been a bottom 8 forward pack.

The bonus coming out of this season is we’ve blooded the likes of Egan Butcher, Whyte, Tapuha, Baker & with Collins to come back on the back of his break out season there’s plenty of promising youth and energy to inject into the foward pack if Robbo deems it’s required.
    It does pose the question, Without Jaz we would not have made the 8? Is he important than Teddy in getting us to tonights game?

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Walker
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
    They both need to get a haircut pronto.
    Agreed I can really see a good old fashioned short back and sides taking their defensive game to another level

Leave a comment:

• The Corner Post
    replied
    They both need to be playing on the back of go forward and to have a good play maker using them properly.
    I feel like our selection between the lead runner vs going out wide has been off this season.
    Its because we dont have our best halves out there.
    Give them both another chance.

Leave a comment:

• Lydon
    replied
    I honestly think Tariq Sims is a must for next season,if we can get him for a good deal of course..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X