X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bondi.boy
    replied
    Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post
    I kept finding myself blowing up at two players this game in particular.

Crichton

Tupouniua

God. Both were fking shit in defence
    Sitili is best off the bench.
    Games must be started with big players in every position.

Crichton poor?
    Poor won't be good enough in 2022.........or shouldn't be.

"If you can't tackle...don't bother ringing up" - Jack Gibson
    Last edited by bondi.boy; 09-19-2021, 10:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy Smith
    replied
    The Storm will still be the team to beat in 2022. Who is their strength and conditioning coach?

The bloke is a God because they haven't had a serious injury since Slater missed 2016. After that I think Welch tore his ACL in 2018 but that's it.

They are a great team that ALWAYS has it's great players on the field when it matters.

They lose JAC, Finucane and perhaps more crucially Nicho Hynes next year but they still have the best spine by a mile with the game's two best hookers; and they surround those blokes with forwards that scrap tooth and nail for every inch and put their body on the line in every tackle.

An absolutely incredible footy club.

But again, they should still be a little weaker in 2022. As will Penrith and Souths. We are the only club that has a massive level of improvement in us. The big concern is our leadership and whether or not we'll be slightly too young in key areas.

But we should be top 4 easily, luck permitting.

Leave a comment:

• Davo
    replied
    Billy Smith was kicking goals in first grade before he got injured. Maybe they can work on him during the off season. Otherwise its Walker and SST to share it. I believe our Fijian VK kicks goals also. Kierhan's terrible general play with defense and dropped balls means his goal kicking isn't enough to get him into first grade anymore. Well be right.

Leave a comment:

• ROC181
    replied
    I have heard it so many times this year from good commentators that if the Roosters didn't have the worst injury problem in the history of sports, then we would have won this comp. A few of those have tipped us to be favourites next year like Graham Hughes, Tunksie and A Johns mainly due to the coaching of Robbo and what he managed to get out of young players plus the fact that many of these young players have been exposed to this level and next year they will be better for it. The Marschkes, Whyte, E Butcher, Walker, Fletcher and others would have benefitted so much from this season more than if they would have been playing in the Knock off or whatever its called. Thanks to the injuries, these young players got their chance and know what they need to do for next year. We might need a T Simms in our squad but what if one of the players mentioned becomes that Simms style player over the Summer?

Add Keary, Collins, Manu, SST Watson and Suaalii, our team will be fast & furious. The only problem I see is the kicking and this is the second time in Robbos time that we go into a season without a recognised kicker and personally I'm not a fan of doing that. Does Robbo respect the 2 points?

Leave a comment:

• Yak
    replied
    Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Yak the Roosters at full strength could match them but Im talking right now.
    I totally agree with " To think we wont be a top 3 side if we get a good run of injuries next year is in my opinion erring well on the side of grass is greener."

Who do you think will win the comp?
    Melbourne to walk it in this year. They’ll be deserved favourites next year. But I think we’ll be right there with Penrith fighting them for the premiership. Can’t see us getting the minor premiership next year though. Melbourne are too consistent. We’ll build into the year. But again, a lot will depend on injury tolls. We can’t afford to play 34 players again.

Leave a comment:

• SamKerrSimp
    replied
    Manlys pack is better than the Roosters, Souths, Parra & Penrith in my view.
    They have 3 quality middles & the 2 best up & coming backrowers plus a pretty handy 9.
    I cant wait to see Manly give it to Souths next week. Des & his coaching team have flown right under the radar & assembled a top forward pack a sensational back 3 & the 2 most experienced halves in the game.
    I would love to see Manly win the comp they have got the team & coach to do it.
    Manly don’t have a better forward pack we demolished them in round 1 Collins ran for nearly 200m and JWH did 120m off the bench. If we had Collins and SST in the team their forward pack would not get it over us, Collins was a huge loss for us this year

Leave a comment:

• Rooster_6
    replied
    Originally posted by Yak View Post

Is it better than JWH, Friend, Collins, Cordner, Crichton, Radley with Verrills, Taukeahio and Liu on the bench? Cos that’s apples for apples. They were at full strength last night. Not one top 17 player missing. Imagine taking out Garrick, their best centre (plus the two best players they have to cover him), Cherry-Evans, Aloiai, Schuster, Croker and then their bench utility in Walker, plus another bench middle. That’s just to even the teams up. Then to give us the advantage Manly did last night would be to put all our injured/retired/suspended guys back in to play that decimated Manly side. That’s what we were up against to get into a prelim.

To think we won’t be a top 3 side if we get a good run of injuries next year is in my opinion erring well on the side of “grass is greener..”.
    My biggest issue with the forward pack and this was my comment at the end of last season and the beginning of this is that we seem to have some really good forwards but its been a while since they've played together as a pack. Something in the makeup of our starting 6 and rotation seems to be off. I think Boyd Cordner & Jake Freind were a huge part of the identity of our forward pack, the toughness, leadership and selflessness that they played with just hasn't been replaced and will be very tough to replace without time. It's the little things, kick pressures, understanding the moment and what's required, line speed, never giving up on any play.

How many times this season did we need a Boyd Cordner carry angled in at the ruck where he gets belted but gets to his front and finds a quick play the ball, in a game that's more heavily based on momentum and up tempo play than ever it's the courageous players and plays that have come to the forefront.

I saw moments from JWH & Radley this year hat I really liked but they seemed to be on their own at times. I liked what I saw from Egan Butcher, he plays fearlessly. But we're missing something in the current group, if we're to be a top 3 side that forward pack needs to find an identity and start hunting as a pack again, no pack leaked more tries through the middle than ours this year. Bondi Wall?

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    Originally posted by Yak View Post

Is it better than JWH, Friend, Collins, Cordner, Crichton, Radley with Verrills, Taukeahio and Liu on the bench? Cos that’s apples for apples. They were at full strength last night. Not one top 17 player missing. Imagine taking out Garrick, their best centre (plus the two best players they have to cover him), Cherry-Evans, Aloiai, Schuster, Croker and then their bench utility in Walker, plus another bench middle. That’s just to even the teams up. Then to give us the advantage Manly did last night would be to put all our injured/retired/suspended guys back in to play that decimated Manly side. That’s what we were up against to get into a prelim.

To think we won’t be a top 3 side if we get a good run of injuries next year is in my opinion erring well on the side of “grass is greener..”.
    Yak the Roosters at full strength could match them but Im talking right now.
    I totally agree with " To think we wont be a top 3 side if we get a good run of injuries next year is in my opinion erring well on the side of grass is greener."

Who do you think will win the comp?

Leave a comment:

• Yak
    replied
    They have 3 quality middles & the 2 best up & coming backrowers plus a pretty handy 9.
    I cant wait to see Manly give it to Souths next week. Des & his coaching team have flown right under the radar & assembled a top forward pack a sensational back 3 & the 2 most experienced halves in the game.

Leave a comment:

• Steakface
    replied
    Anyone suggesting Sims needs their head read.

Low workrate, only hits up against smaller players, injury prone.

He ain't that good. Certainly not worth what his manager will want.

Leave a comment:

• HDTONE
    replied
    Originally posted by The Brain View Post
    Now the off-season is to build the team around Walker and develop him and send him to Mexico for a holiday.
    Teddy and Jared need to get some real downtime. A few other need to go to the get mongrel school...maybe some pre game face slapping.

In the end I'd rather go down to Manly than the vermin.

Leave a comment:

• The Brain
    replied
    Our regular guys that you are all lynching had to carry the young blokes all year..finally took its toll on them..stiff chatter..last nights effort was no shock .It was coming..It was good fir the young blokes to taste a semi victory last week and put them on the front foot next year.
    as for sims give me a break the bloke is useless.
    Now the off-season is to build the team around Walker and develop him and send him to Mexico for a holiday.
    Last edited by The Brain; 09-18-2021, 11:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied

Leave a comment:

• HDTONE
    replied
    Funny how you can keep track, like I forgot all about Collins. I reckon we really need better kicking options. Look Hutch was there and no way dissing him but the kids were pretty average. Except for Walker & Teddy we weren't trying to mount pressure with kicks into the in goal. we need to see greater variety and even just missing SST's grunt and Manu's unpredictability man it showed. All keeping injury free we got a bloody good outfit for next year.

Leave a comment:

• dice
    replied
    Does anyone know whether medical retirements have been formally approved?

As I mentioned yesterday, there is no way we have pissed away all the money from Friend, Cordner, Jmoz, Bmoz, still paying $180k for Flanagan, Liu, on upgrades. The only thing that makes sense is needing NRL to approve the retirements and we will have another $1m+ to spend on Sims and a couple others.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X