X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

I'm going to try this once and give up.

This is from this article.

"For Professor Robert Booy, a vaccine expert at the University of Sydney, the key figure is not the number of breakthrough infections affecting vaccinated people, but the level of protection the vaccines offer against chronic illness and death.

He describes the vaccines’ impact on symptomatic infection as ‘substantial but not high level’.

‘The immune response to vaccines is strong, but the vaccines are not sterilising, they don’t completely prevent infection,’ he told newsGP.

‘[Being fully vaccinated] gives you moderate protection against infections that are milder like a cold and against transmission to another person.

‘But it gives you very strong protection against hospitalisation and death.’"

As is this.

"Associate Professor Paul Griffin, an infectious diseases physician at the University of Queensland, makes the point that as more people are vaccinated, the number of cases within that vaccinated population will also rise.

‘Unless a vaccine prevents transmission 100% of the time – which is essentially not possible, the polio vaccine perhaps comes the closest – then it remains possible for vaccinated individuals to still get infected,’ he said.

‘An important paradox to understand is that while it remains clear that fully vaccinated individuals are less likely to catch the infection, once the proportion of vaccinated people in a population goes up then it is likely that more cases will occur in vaccinated individuals than unvaccinated.

‘The rate of infection in those that are vaccinated will remain lower than in those that aren’t but because there are so many more people who are vaccinated, that even a lower rate will end up with higher numbers in this group than those that are not vaccinated.’"
    Cheers scoop but you have not told me anything I had not already read for myself. But it does beg the question why are so many people spewing vitriol towards anyone who chooses to be unvaccinated thinking they are putting them at risk ? Those vaccinated will be mingling in the community passing or spreading this like wildfire amongst themself at pubs, clubs, shops, cafes, cimemas and any other place I havent mentioned. Whilst those who are not wont be there. The article certainly debunks the myth that it will be a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Look at that vaccinated worker or was ir a Doctor passing this on to an elderly aged care resident. Nobody is safe, but some are going run around deluding themself that they are.
    Last edited by Andrew Walker; 09-16-2021, 05:15 PM.
    We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
    Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

Cheers scoop but you have not told me anything I had not already read for myself. But it does beg the question why are so many people spewing vitriol towards anyone who chooses to be unvaccinated thinking they are putting them at risk ? Those vaccinated will be mingling in the community passing or spreading this like wildfire amongst themself at pubs, clubs, shops, cafes, cimemas and any other place I havent mentioned. Whilst those who are not wont be there. The article certainly debunks the myth that it will be a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Look at that vaccinated worker or was ir a Doctor passing this on to an elderly aged care resident. Nobody is safe, but some are going run around deluding themself that they are.
      Science is my thing. I'll go with science as it pays my bills. You do you. And any immunocompromised people you know too.

Comment

Science is my thing. I'll go with science as it pays my bills. You do you. And any immunocompromised people you know too.
        Funny you mention the science pays your bills. What that means is the science will agree or go along with those who ensure those bills are paid. We have now all seen 1st hand in NSW how quickly people do what they are told, ( even when many really do not want to do it ) when their ability to pay their bills or look after there families is put in jeopardy. Those who regurgitate the science on this are no different. The so called science is very easily compromised.
        Last edited by Andrew Walker; 09-16-2021, 05:34 PM.
        We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
        Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

I'm going to try this once and give up.

This is from this article.

"For Professor Robert Booy, a vaccine expert at the University of Sydney, the key figure is not the number of breakthrough infections affecting vaccinated people, but the level of protection the vaccines offer against chronic illness and death.

He describes the vaccines’ impact on symptomatic infection as ‘substantial but not high level’.

‘The immune response to vaccines is strong, but the vaccines are not sterilising, they don’t completely prevent infection,’ he told newsGP.

‘[Being fully vaccinated] gives you moderate protection against infections that are milder like a cold and against transmission to another person.

‘But it gives you very strong protection against hospitalisation and death.’"

As is this.

"Associate Professor Paul Griffin, an infectious diseases physician at the University of Queensland, makes the point that as more people are vaccinated, the number of cases within that vaccinated population will also rise.

‘Unless a vaccine prevents transmission 100% of the time – which is essentially not possible, the polio vaccine perhaps comes the closest – then it remains possible for vaccinated individuals to still get infected,’ he said.

‘An important paradox to understand is that while it remains clear that fully vaccinated individuals are less likely to catch the infection, once the proportion of vaccinated people in a population goes up then it is likely that more cases will occur in vaccinated individuals than unvaccinated.

‘The rate of infection in those that are vaccinated will remain lower than in those that aren’t but because there are so many more people who are vaccinated, that even a lower rate will end up with higher numbers in this group than those that are not vaccinated.’"
          Nicely put. Sums up most things.

Last week, of the 200 or so really sick covid patients in NSW in ICU, less than 1 in 20 (8 in total) were fully vaccinated.

I think that's pretty compelling, but I suppose the vaccine hesitant will focus on the 8 vaccinated pts who still got sick.

It's easier to be rude and put down people on the internet rather than face to face, and I've certainly been guilty of that on here plenty of times.

I don't want to try and belittle the vaccine hesitant because firstly there is no way you'll change their minds using that method, they'll just double down. And remember there are still millions of people who had the crap scared out of them about these vaccines, both by the media and even the Qld state premier. So it's not that baffling many will refuse it.

Finally, I see no good for our society coming out of an apartheid system of vaccinated versus unvaccinated. It's just not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Nicely put. Sums up most things.

Last week, of the 200 or so really sick covid patients in NSW in ICU, less than 1 in 20 (8 in total) were fully vaccinated.

I think that's pretty compelling, but I suppose the vaccine hesitant will focus on the 8 vaccinated pts who still got sick.

It's easier to be rude and put down people on the internet rather than face to face, and I've certainly been guilty of that on here plenty of times.

I don't want to try and belittle the vaccine hesitant because firstly there is no way you'll change their minds using that method, they'll just double down. And remember there are still millions of people who had the crap scared out of them about these vaccines, both by the media and even the Qld state premier. So it's not that baffling many will refuse it.

Finally, I see no good for our society coming out of an apartheid system of vaccinated versus unvaccinated. It's just not worth it.
            One thing that a lot of people don't understand is that the health department's orders override everything else. I know people who work in the department and if the Chief Health Officer puts out an order to shut down a shop or restaurant for a breach of a health order, it gets shut down. So I suspect that there will be a bit of a shock to the either unwilling or unable to be vaccinated when this lockdown finishes and their plans to go to their local are derailed.

Comment

One thing that a lot of people don't understand is that the health department's orders override everything else. I know people who work in the department and if the Chief Health Officer puts out an order to shut down a shop or restaurant for a breach of a health order, it gets shut down. So I suspect that there will be a bit of a shock to the either unwilling or unable to be vaccinated when this lockdown finishes and their plans to go to their local are derailed.

Yeah looks like regardless whether you or I agree with it, that's the way the authorities are going to play it.

Comment

If anti-vaxxers were to sign a waiver accepting their de-prioritisation regarding public health services (in favour of the vaccinated), I’d be pretty satisfied. If so, then they’d have made their own choice and others would be relatively unaffected.
                Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
                  If anti-vaxxers were to sign a waiver accepting their de-prioritisation regarding public health services (in favour of the vaccinated), I’d be pretty satisfied. If so, then they’d have made their own choice and others would be relatively unaffected.
                  A bit out there mate. The unfashionable reality is that health services are needed for a lot more than the pesky Covid thing. Can't discriminate against the great unwashed in those instances..surely.

Comment

Wow....another Sheeples thread.

Probably more chance of being struck by lightning than dying from covid, especially if u under 70..survival rate about 99.997% on the extremely rare chance u get it.

And for this we should inject some untested, unknown substances into our blood stream to change our RNA....haha.

Dream on, I'll leave the experiment to the sheeples..

Who said 13 was an unlucky number? 13th Premiership in yr 13 on our 100th anniversary of our 1913 premiership.

Comment

Aren’t you a rebel. Hope for your sake you or someone you love that you infect don’t end up in the bed next to “The TikTok Guy”.

Luckily for society you and your tin-foil hat are in the minority.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                        Aren’t you a rebel. Hope for your sake you or someone you love that you infect don’t end up in the bed next to “The TikTok Guy”.

Indeed...rebel with a clause....when u got a tyrant Govmint pushing communism on ya arse then better to fight on ya feet than on ya knees and taking in the ass your style.

And lol @ your selfish claim. I'm not selfish...u can have my vaxes...astradeathica or diezer the sterilizer....and shove it up your arse...but make sure u remove your white flag first.

To think Anzac's died for cowards like u....willing to give up all rights and freedoms they fought for just because of a little bug he's so petrified off lol
                        Who said 13 was an unlucky number? 13th Premiership in yr 13 on our 100th anniversary of our 1913 premiership.

Comment

Minority? lol....more than half the world population haven't been double dosed...i wonder why...many don't want too but are force mostly thru fear. So many tin-foil legends hey..

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Most people I talk to are very skeptical about being injected with an untested vaccine. But like me they do it so we can get out of lockdown and back to work and we just hope it will be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

A bit out there mate. The unfashionable reality is that health services are needed for a lot more than the pesky Covid thing. Can't discriminate against the great unwashed in those instances..surely.
                              But Walker has been saying that not being vaccinated doesn’t affect anyone but him. I’m saying that volunteering to be 90% more likely to need intensive care puts that claim to bed.
                              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

But Walker has been saying that not being vaccinated doesn’t affect anyone but him. I’m saying that volunteering to be 90% more likely to need intensive care puts that claim to bed.
                                What % chance are you to require intensive care if you are vaccinated?

Comment

Working...
                                X