Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Again

Thought for the day -

Remember the deafening outrage and brouhaha after the Canberra Grand Final?

Crickets now.

How refreshing to think that it's been utterly relegated to the dust bin of history.

To the victor the spoils!

The right decision was made in the end. I still think the worst decision was the sin bin of Cronk which changed the entire complexion of the game, they had to slow it down to super slow mo to see he was tackling just milliseconds before the attacker caught the ball it was bullshit.

Canberra had 10 minutes against 12 men attacking our line for most of it and couldn’t do anything, stuff em and their post game whinge. It took us 10 minutes after getting back to 13 just to get back in the game.

Also wasn’t there a BS reversal of a knock on that got called a penalty which resulted in Canberra getting possession for either the sin bin or the 6 again? Whichever situation it was shouldn’t have happened in the first place.

Comment

Yes, Whitehead dropped the ball cold in the PTB which got called a penalty. It was a BS call. One of many against us in that second half.

We overcame so much to win that game, including losing Aubo to injury early on.

It really was a remarkable Premiership victory. Our most courageous ever win in my time as a Roosters fan.

Comment

Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post
        The right decision was made in the end. I still think the worst decision was the sin bin of Cronk which changed the entire complexion of the game, they had to slow it down to super slow mo to see he was tackling just milliseconds before the attacker caught the ball it was bullshit.

Canberra had 10 minutes against 12 men attacking our line for most of it and couldn’t do anything, stuff em and their post game whinge. It took us 10 minutes after getting back to 13 just to get back in the game.

Also wasn’t there a BS reversal of a knock on that got called a penalty which resulted in Canberra getting possession for either the sin bin or the 6 again? Whichever situation it was shouldn’t have happened in the first place.
        To be fair the whinging was started by the media and then the Raiders supporters joined in. At the game not 1 Raiders supporter in the area I sat mentioned it and Ricky Stuart said after the game it was not the reason they lost. The players and coaches on both sides know that, it's only the anti Roosters agenda by some media commentators and journalists that keep giving it life.

Comment

Originally posted by Noosa Rooster View Post

To be fair the whinging was started by the media and then the Raiders supporters joined in. At the game not 1 Raiders supporter in the area I sat mentioned it and Ricky Stuart said after the game it was not the reason they lost. The players and coaches on both sides know that, it's only the anti Roosters agenda by some media commentators and journalists that keep giving it life.
          I can remember Ricky Stuart going on about “I’m not saying it you all saw it” like he usually does, he was seething and wanted to whinge and he was choosing his words carefully but you’re right there was a huge agenda to make controversy out of that moment.

Fark em, that was the best premiership of the 4 I’ve seen and cemented the 18-19 team as the best of the NRL in my biased opinion

Comment

The biggest overlooked incident from that game is in the first set when Soliola took out Keary's legs in the air and all the focus was on the Travis being on the field

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post
              The biggest overlooked incident from that game is in the first set when Soliola took out Keary's legs in the air and all the focus was on the Travis being on the field
              YEP... that and the first try the Raiders got from a bomb 6 again was actually not touched by Teddie.

All admitted by the Bernie Sutton.... I kept this article book marked for therapy!!

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/roo...02-p536vg.html

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post
                and Victor got 5 weeks for similar offense...

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                  Thought for the day -

Remember the deafening outrage and brouhaha after the Canberra Grand Final?

Crickets now.

How refreshing to think that it's been utterly relegated to the dust bin of history.

To the victor the spoils!

Not really. I have seen some Canberra fans on social media coming out in support of the Chargers and using it as an example of the favouritism we apparently enjoy.

Comment

The Titans bombing the try at the death made me remember Joey Leilua blowing the pass to Rapana in that grand final. We dodged a bullet there as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X