Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21 MAN SQUAD v MANLY

21 MAN SQUAD v MANLY

Well, we survived - and to be honest, I'm still not quite sure how. I've watched that ending 20 times and I'm still flabbergasted they didn't score.

So .... another week, another patched up squad, and another chance at continuing this seasons incredible journey. Friday night against Turbo's Manly. He is the key. As the Storm showed last Friday, stop him, you stop Manly. We have to hit him hard - early and often, limit his influence by controlling the middle and not allowing him to run off his forwards through our center. I think our pack can match it with theirs, even if we are without SST. Nat Butcher back, and that really helps our middle defense.

Attack their right side.... Harper is a liability. Toops to get a double, and Gus will probably bag one too.

Lam & Hutch swap roles. I don't know what to make of that!! Verrills named with his hearing at 6:00 tonight, and by my reading, Marschke on standby in #20. Lam starts again over Walker - I really don't know how I feel about that. Walker has so many more possibilities in attack, but some of his defensive decisions and his lack of physicality can be a real problem that Manly could exploit. Bring it on!!

GO EASTS !!

ROOSTERS
    1. Teddy
    2. Tupuo
    3. Morris
    4. Keighran
    5. Ikuvalu
    6. Lam
    7. Huthchison
    8. JWH
    9. Verrills
    10. Liu
    11. Chrichton
    12. Tupouniua
    13. Radley

INTERCHANGE:
    14. Walker
    15. Butcher N
    16. Butcher E
    17. Baker

RESERVES:
    18. Copley
    19. Thomas
    20. Marschke
    21. Whyte

That's not what we meant when we said Lam shouldn't be our starting halfback

Comment

So Nat Butcher comes in for SST.

Comment

News flash

fumbles ikuvalu promises robbo that he will restrict his stuff ups to 2,because friday night's game is so imporant

Comment

Where is Tapuha surely he is a better option than Baker

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
            Unfortunately he doesn't have as much punch but he will give you everything

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post

Unfortunately he doesn't have as much punch but he will give you everything
              He is a key piece defensively though does a lot of the dirty stuff Friend used to do that doesn't get noticed by the average footy fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post
                Where is Tapuha surely he is a better option than Baker
                Surely he must be carrying an injury to miss out on the 21 man squad 2 weeks in a row,especially after his efforts against the Raiders!

Comment

Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post
                  That's not what we meant when we said Lam shouldn't be our starting halfback
                  lol
                  He'll star at 6.

Comment

Youtube video:
                    "BIG MEN win BIG MATCHES".

Nat is not BIG.
                    Think we're gonna be in trouble with our small team.

Comment

He is a key piece defensively though does a lot of the dirty stuff Friend used to do that doesn't get noticed by the average footy fan.
                      Never a truer word spoken. Nat so often wins the ruck in defense and controls the play the ball speed. And takes the hard runs and makes metres. And gets quick play the balls. He is a massive inclusion in terms of us winning or losing this week.
                      Last edited by Batemans Bay Rooster; 09-14-2021, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Nat has finals experience so he has to be there. I think SST is a big out. Their bench is nothing special either BTW.

Comment

tauks is a big out but good to have nat back. rads will be down for another 80 and maybe jwh as well. switching the numbers on hutch and lam is a funny one - but why not?

normally you can't expect a team who doesn't get it 100% right during the season to suddenly flick the switch and get everything right but this is a season like no other and there are good reasons why we haven't got it 100% right so far and there's nothing to stop us playing our best footy this weekend. manly are favourites but they're not world beaters and if we play well we're a fair chance

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Youtube video:
                            "BIG MEN win BIG MATCHES".

Nat is not BIG.
                            Think we're gonna be in trouble with our small team.
                            So do you think we should drop Radley? He's only 92kgs.

There are players who perform above their stature. Rads is one, and I think Nat is too, especially in defense.

Don't be too obsessed with big is better. It's the size of the fight in the dog, not the size of the dog in the fight.

Comment

Some of you need to piss off and go “support” Melbourne, weak fans constantly shitting on the team in the season they’ve gone above and beyond under immense turmoil and instead of being proud it’s just whinge whinge whinge.

Comment

Working...
                              X