That Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Conversion

Ancient history now, but for those interested (and for the likes of Fatty 'That'll Do me!' Vautin), here is proof Keighran's conversion went between the posts against the Raiders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvf_6bfT9H8

is this legit? maybe he's spliced an image from a different kick onto the footage. i was watching with the sound off, watched the kick and then went to the kitchen to get something thinking that the kick had clearly missed and couldn't believe it when the score showed that we had the extra 2 pts

Comment

it was a goal. Freeze the image at 4sec, you can see the ball behind the post.
      No one posthumously complained, it was the camera angle. I'm sure someone in the crowd videod it and could verify, move along.

Comment

Good video. Kind of a side issue but why don't the touchies stand underneath a post each like in Union, look straight up, and raise their flag if the ball goes inside their post? Nothing good about Union but that's one area they have it over us. No reason to stand so far back NRL touchies. Dead in goal is irrelevant.
        Last edited by Batemans Bay Rooster; 09-14-2021, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Can you locate the Ronny Giteau conversion attempt of the Rocky Laurie try vs Parramatta -Major Semi Final 1981- I am still adamant that was a goal
          Last edited by King Salvo; 09-15-2021, 11:31 AM.

Comment

I remember back in the day before video refs and before all the games were on tv, there was occasionally one touchie with the flag up, the other with the flag down. The ref would have to decide.

Comment

Originally posted by ccfc bondi View Post
              I remember back in the day before video refs and before all the games were on tv, there was occasionally one touchie with the flag up, the other with the flag down. The ref would have to decide.
              remember Phil Gould telling a story ...he was lining up conversion for Newtown from touch and Mick Stone the referee. Newtown a mile in front and near fulltime, and as Gus is placing the ball he says to Stone "bet you a beer I kick this" Mick Stone replies "you're on". Gould kicks the ball and the touchies ..one up one down ...... he looks back to the ref for his decision and Mick Stone with a wry smile on his face says "no goal"

Comment

Bit like my golf swing around the dog leg. Bewdiful
                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by ccfc bondi View Post
                  I remember back in the day when the touchies would run on the field with their flag up to dob somebody in for being naughty.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Suede Schubert View Post

I remember back in the day when the touchies would run on the field with their flag up to dob somebody in for being naughty.
                    it was usually Martin Weekes !

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post

it was usually Martin Weekes !
                      Martin Weekes! Now that is a blast from the past.

From the 80's in fact.

https://afltables.com/rl/misc/Martin_Weekes.html

Comment

They showed a shot from behind the posts at halftime and it was definitely a goal but from the front it was receiving
                        "You know who you are and who I mean so stay the hell away from me "

Comment

Thumbs up!

Comment

Did you notice on the youtube comments there were still a couple of flat earthers who said it was no goal?

Comment

Working...
                            X