Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post

who has the power to ban him?
    He's been to the judiciary before so it makes no difference.

Comment

How's Manu's face coming along?

Can they design a special mask to protect him against Souffs if we beat Manly this week?
      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post

who has the power to ban him?
        I say no to Banning him - Cyril Says or Said posts lightens one's day

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Walker is massive weak link in defence. The last break was down to him not Iku. They had once chance and went straight at him.
          Thats really harsh- watch it again

Walker was defending 2 off the ruck at least 20 metres from the sideline. He ran across following Brian Kelly and had him covered when JMoz made the decision come in - Fermor made the break about a metre in from the sideline-that's nowhere near going straight at him
          Ikavalu didn't commit to making a tackle to either Fermor or Sami- just back pedalled and landed straight on his arse.inbetween them both. He needed to follow Morris in and take Fermor and leave Sami to Walker

Yep Walker missed Fermor but he he flying across field and got himself to a situation where most players would have still been standing 20 metres in from the sideline

Comment

Iku looked like he got hit by a sniper. No one touched him nor did he attempt a tackle. Poor defence by all three (including Morris and Walker) IMO.
            Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
              How's Manu's face coming along?

Can they design a special mask to protect him against Souffs if we beat Manly this week?
              You mean like this?

"Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Suede Schubert View Post

You mean like this?

our secret weapon. if we don't beat ya we'll eat ya

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Thats really harsh- watch it again

Walker was defending 2 off the ruck at least 20 metres from the sideline. He ran across following Brian Kelly and had him covered when JMoz made the decision come in - Fermor made the break about a metre in from the sideline-that's nowhere near going straight at him
                  Ikavalu didn't commit to making a tackle to either Fermor or Sami- just back pedalled and landed straight on his arse.inbetween them both. He needed to follow Morris in and take Fermor and leave Sami to Walker

Yep Walker missed Fermor but he he flying across field and got himself to a situation where most players would have still been standing 20 metres in from the sideline
                  Watch the footage of Cronk watching the play. He was under no doubt as he threw down his pen and screamed "Oh, Sam!".

Comment

Watch the footage of Cronk watching the play. He was under no doubt as he threw down his pen and screamed "Oh, Sam!".
                    Im not saying he didn't miss the tackle....i'm just pointing out that they didn't run straight at him like a target-far from it. From where he was to where he missed that tackle was a good 20 metres. I bet my left nut that if it was Flanagan (who is a very good defender) he wouldn't have been within 10 metres of Fermor to attempt the tackle

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Im not saying he didn't miss the tackle....i'm just pointing out that they didn't run straight at him like a target-far from it. From where he was to where he missed that tackle was a good 20 metres. I bet my left nut that if it was Flanagan (who is a very good defender) he wouldn't have been within 10 metres of Fermor to attempt the tackle
                      Sorry, they went straight to the area where he was.

Comment

I watched the game again and yes Ikavalu made some mistakes but our whole right edge defence is poor. Count Sitilis missed tackles and the number of times Rads stepped up in cover. Just my opinion but Sitili was woeful in defence in that game.

Comment

maybe they ran towards him, maybe they didn't - a team can only go left or right. whether or not they targeted him is neither here nor there - he should have been up to the task. walker's error was to get out of the line - it wasn't necessary with no overlap. i'd put it down to being over-excited and fresh after being on the bench all game. jmoz could have done better but hard to make that tackle when you're isolated and back pedalling. but walker made up for it by making the tackle and then slowing down the play without getting sin binned - those extra micro seconds were crucial in allowing more time for our defence to set.

but i'm happy to trust trent on whether walker should start on the bench or not. lam went alright and it wasn't his fault that we gifted them tries. personally i think sam offers a greater chance of victory but robbo's got a better idea of what will work best for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

our secret weapon. if we don't beat ya we'll eat ya
                            You are the People's Poet

"Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Suede Schubert View Post

You are the People's Poet

don't mine me a bit of rik mayall

Comment

Sorry, they went straight to the area where he was.
                                Sam was sitting for 71 minutes. His most likely tackling practice probably happened before the game and while he waited all those minutes getting splinters on his arse and into getting him ready to enter the game, I'm sure that Robbo wouldn't have been giving him instructions on defence. Anyone who has played any sports including team sports would & should understand that it would take a lot more than 7 minutes to warm into the game, especially when they are there on a mission and defence isn't their strength...Besides, the worst defender in the club and 3rd worst in the comp is Sitili. I think Sams tackling technique is one of the best in the squad because he has tackled massive players in our 10m around the legs, and should be tutoring both Sitili and Victor so he doesn't get himself suspended.

Comment

Working...
                                X