Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Raiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Raiders

This game gives us the opportunity to avenge the loss against Canberra last season when they knocked us out of our the comp. It would be very satisfying to end their season tonight.

It could not have been scripted any better. A chance to finish Ricky and his bunch of under achievers’ season. That’s plenty of incentive for us to play well and win tonight.

Great to welcome some troops back. Let’s enter the finals series with confidence and go out there and smash those green A-holes.

GO ROOSTERS!

Lotsa troops returning too. JWH, Crichton, Ikuvalu and of course... J-Moz!

I hope we can win and get a bit of momentum outta this one. To me the Faders aren't under-achievers, they simply had a lucky season where it was okay to do 5-man strips (another example of the rules changing for no good reason).

It'll be a tough game but also a test of whether our squad's got the goods to play finals footy. Big question that we really don't know the answer to.

Comment

Ricky's pattern is one year in the finals one year out. He broke the pattern with two years in a row. That means he now has to have two years out so the ledger evens up. We win this game.

Comment

Last regular game if the season and then finals .Smack the fairders and then worry about next week.One game at a time , Go the Roosters

Comment

Im not confident but obviously I hope the Chooks win.
          Go the Roosters.

Comment

At the public grand final team presentation at Martin Place in 2019 when the coaches came together Trent gestured to shake Ricky’s hand and Ricky looked away. We owe this bastard. Can’t wait to watch his post match press conference.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
              Lotsa troops returning too. JWH, Crichton, Ikuvalu and of course... J-Moz!

I hope we can win and get a bit of momentum outta this one. To me the Faders aren't under-achievers, they simply had a lucky season where it was okay to do 5-man strips (another example of the rules changing for no good reason).

It'll be a tough game but also a test of whether our squad's got the goods to play finals footy. Big question that we really don't know the answer to.
              5-man strips are now legal?

Comment

looks like we're not playing silly buggers with resting people, probably not able anyway. all good - it's just about going out there and playing good footy. losing joey's a loss but with some guys coming back into the backs we won't be leaking points. forwards are as good as anyone and with teddy there we'll always be dangerous. too much to expect sam walker to win us games here on in but it would be wrong to assume that he can't.
                too early to pat ourselves on the back for what has been an incredible performance so far this season and we need to finish it off as well as possible

Comment

This is the GF for Canberra..they must win to make the semis.
                  Expect dirty tactics from Rick.
                  The rapana leg twist will be back.
                  I read JWH is racing the clock ti be fit in this game.
                  Manu is a massive loss..
                  This game will be won strictly up the middle.
                  PayPal has been lame but he will be up for us..
                  Tire there forwards out
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

...and since we are going this way . Hopefully we can win and meet souffs and bundle them out again..dont care if we don't win a game after that.
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

I reckon we'll be raring to go. Only question is do we have enough troops. The loss of Manu might be be too big.

No way we disgrace ourselves though.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                        Ricky's pattern is one year in the finals one year out. He broke the pattern with two years in a row. That means he now has to have two years out so the ledger evens up. We win this game.
                        Oh no, your predictions again!

These guys generally give us a hard time apart from earlier this year when they were in turmoil. They've since found some form. Definite danger game.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                          ...and since we are going this way . Hopefully we can win and meet souffs and bundle them out again..dont care if we don't win a game after that.
                          May the footy gods be with us, how good would it be to knock Souths out of the finals after every thing that has transpired!
                          Such a shame we lost Manu, with J-Moz and Manu in the Centers the team was looking competitive.

Comment

Pineapple Head and his accidental knee need to be watched.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

5-man strips are now legal?
                              Yep, they're legal so long as you put your hand on the ball during the tackle, lock it up and then do the token extraction (after you've already gained control of the ball during the tackle) once a few blokes have peeled off.

This became 'legal' following an isolated situation where (in a game where we were up by 30+ and were putting the Tigpies to the sword) a Tigpies defender was involved in a group tackle, peeled off (realising the attacker had broken the tackle) and then did a last ditch 1-on-1 strip. The ref then said 'well by the letter of the law, that's not allowed because he was part of the original group tackle, although point taken... that tackle was broken'. We never saw that situation arise again (and still haven't) but the NRL decided it required a rule change so that people could strip after a broken tackle. Instead they drafted the rules such that one may argue 'if people peel out of the tackle then a strip is okay'. Ignoring that a 'hand on the ball' is still banned, the NRL had a private chat with Bellamy and decided this tactic would be allowed.

This tactic seems to have faded away a little as they introduced the 6-again rule (so teams are a little bit more cautious about trying to do this bloody strip for every tackle). My theory is that the 6 again rule was basically a way of discouraging teams [cough cough... the Faders] from trying to strip the ball on every tackle as this was slowing down the ruck severely. I mean they coulda just provided some guidance that it's a penalty if there's a hand on the ball. However, that would be an admission that their pre-season, private chat with the Drizz about it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                              X