NZ Rugby Interested In Manu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZ Rugby Interested In Manu

News corp reporting today that NZ rugby reportedly have genuine interest in signing Manu and could offer him an All Black's jersey.

We better lock him up soon or else....

Well it doesn’t surprise me but there’s not much we can do other than make him a good offer. Hopefully he loves the club so much he won’t want to go anywhere.

Comment

Any Kiwi kid offered that chance will probably take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
        Yep pretty much...yikes

Comment

what a rubbish article in the tele like normal no quotes from anyone just random numbers that have no basis

Comment

As you would expect they would . Exceptional player but still hopeful of keeping him.

Comment

As already mentioned, most Kiwi kids dream of being an All Black.

Telecrap article with no substance again. Just stating the bleeding obvious. Must be a slow news day.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
                He’s not a kid.

Comment

Does anyone seriously think Joey can walk straight into the All Blacks team? If we were talking a star NRL player walking into the Aussie rugby union team then pretty easy. But I can't see how they would give Joey an All Blacks jumper unless they are talking a signed jumper he can hang up. There would be a few in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                    Does anyone seriously think Joey can walk straight into the All Blacks team? If we were talking a star NRL player walking into the Aussie rugby union team then pretty easy. But I can't see how they would give Joey an All Blacks jumper unless they are talking a signed jumper he can hang up. There would be a few in front of him.
                    Exactly.
                    Most on here hate Union ( to be honest it is a hard watch these days) but the All Blacks are a different class and I'm not sure his style of play would suit Rugby

Comment

No better way to pump up your price than the ol Union trick
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                        Even Sonny Bill who won World cups with the All Blacks for mine was suited far more to league and would have gone down as one of the greatest league forwards of all time if he had stayed in our game. Whilst he was a very good inside centre in union he was a better edge backrower in league.
                        I think Roger is going to find out the same in union where he is suited as a fullback in our game but not union.
                        I know the world stage is much greater in union but as an actual game these league players are better off staying in the game.

Comment

I have confidence with the money saved from BMozz departure, we'll be able to scramble enough to put together a great offer for Joey.

What is out of our hands of course are his personal dreams and ambitions.

Put it this way: He was 2 x NRL Premierships under his belt, and well as a series of games for NZ at the highest level of Rugby League. Additionally, he has buckleys and none chance of playing Fullback with us unless Teddy gets severely injured.

I've got no doubt "whats next" is on his mind. To be brutally honest, if I was a fit 25 year old with his achievements in RL, i'd most likely be taking an opportunity with the All Blacks with both hands.

Speculation as to whether he'd be 'any good' is totally irrelevant imo and has no bearing on anything in the short-mid term.

Comment

Working...
                          X