No announcement yet.

Billy Smith returning to Sydney will undergo surgery to repair lisfranc injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Smith returning to Sydney will undergo surgery to repair lisfranc injury

BIG BLOW FOR ROOSTERS

In another huge blow for the Sydney Roosters, centre Billy Smith is on his way back to Sydney to undergo surgery.

He suffered a Lisfranc foot injury — identical to the injury that put boom teenager Joseph Suaalii.

The Roosters will bring back Josh Morris to replace Smith against the Parramatta Eels on Saturday night

Feel sorry for the kid. He cannot get a break, no pun intended. Unfortunately he may get labeled as injury prone and that’s not a good thing for him. Let’s hope he can return back soon and somehow be able to manage his body so he can have a long career.

Comment

his contract expires at the end of this year i think. hate saying it at a sad time for him and all of us but you'd want to get a doctor's assessment before you signed him again

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
        his contract expires at the end of this year i think. hate saying it at a sad time for him and all of us but you'd want to get a doctor's assessment before you signed him again
        Smith re-signed for 2 more years a few days before the latest injury-

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Smith re-signed for 2 more years a few days before the latest injury-
          i thought i heard something on that front but couldn't find any confirmation.

Comment

**** gotta feel sorry the dude.

I’m by no means trying to diminish him but it’s getting to the point where his body just might be too weak for NRL. No denying his toughness to come back through all he’s been though, but with major injury after major injury its hard to think anything else and it’s gotta be playing on the lads mind.

I hope it’s not the case and it’s similar to Teddy where after an early injury spree his body adapts or whatever and he can continue his career.

Comment

Hmmmm the kid is starting to remind me of Brett Papworth

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post
                Hmmmm the kid is starting to remind me of Brett Papworth
                Same here horrie, it has that feeling.

Open question to the "footy injury gods" - are you done with the Roosters for this year FFS?
                "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Poor guy just can’t take a break at the moment. It’s a bit like the whole club, currently under some kind of curse.

Comment

This guy looks great on the field for one or two games, then his season is over.
                    If he continues to do the same as he has done, his career as a rugby league player will be over.
                    I'd be looking at consulting with the conditioning and medical staff to see if anything can be changed - maybe vitamin and calcium supplements, and bulking up through gym work.
                    It is obvious that his body is presently too frail to cope with FG Rugby League.

Comment

Its different to the Papworth comparison because I think Pappy was in his late 20's maybe 27 when he came across & the medical knowledge wasnt as good 30 years ago. Smiths run of injuries is more like when Tedesco was starting out, if Smith commits himself to the fitness he will return as good & get better. This current injury is nowhere near as bad as what he has done in the past.

Comment

He has talent but he has the injury curse and is currently looking like a liability I am afraid to say. 4 serious injuries since debut. He needs a witch doctor in the off-season.

Comment

Geez that is some serious crap luck for Billy.
                          "Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

I must have prayed to the wrong Gods.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                              I must have prayed to the wrong Gods.
                              Why don’t you go ahead and say a prayer for teddy next.

Comment

Working...
                              X