No announcement yet.

Manu Contract Decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad Nathan Brown has continued the strategy he had at the Knights which is to buy all our players
    EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

I don't doubt he's a serious chance to go.

He does seem a happy camper with us though. Maybe happy enough to hang around for a bit less.
      Life style would also be a factor. Does he want the cold of NZ or the warmth of Bondi?

He’s lived in Australia for a while now. Just because he’s a Kiwi doesn’t necessarily mean he wants to go back there to live. Has he settled in Oz with a girl? It’s not just about money. Sure it’s a big factor but there are other things to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by GT3370 View Post

I really hope this is true. Don't even want him for this year to be honest.
        As for Joey really hope he stays . He has developed so much depth in his game . Able to fill in at many positions and his running metres are awesome at the moment but really think he will end up at the warriors unfortunately
        Well I can't be 100% sure but that's what I thought I heard is that we are low in backs so this is band aid solution, with that said even with Smith, Ikavalu and JMoz next year, personally I don't think we have any certainty so Robbo might keep him at the bears in case we have more problems. Copley is off contract.

Comment

No one has mentioned the possibility of him switching to Rugby as his Junior Background is in Union not League.- Below an Article from September 2019.

“Ever since I was young I wanted to be an All Black. I’m still a big fan of them,” Manu told The Sydney Morning Herald.

In fact Manu grew up playing rugby union in the Waikato region and had little knowledge of the rules of rugby league let alone the club he has now made his name at.

“I didn’t know much about the club or about their success or any of that,” Manu said.

“When I moved over here… they flew me in week in and week out [for SG Ball].

“I knew they were a good club then that had good family values and all of that. Once I got here, I knew they were a good club.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...bbe94391893a91

Currently 1,000,000.00 Australian Dollars = 1,053,847.27 New Zealand Dollars

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Currently 1,000,000.00 Australian Dollars = 1,053,847.27 New Zealand Dollars
            More importantantly the Australian top tax rate is 45c while New Zealand is 39c.

Comment

If we offer Joey a competitive salary (ie $800k vs someone else's $1 mill) I think he would stay..
              He has mentioned the loyalty to the Roosters before, and everything the club has done for him in the past.
              He is such a shy, unassuming character.
              But with the talent that he shows, I reckon he is worth the $800k
              He is a physical presence in attack and defence (see that tackle on Granville in the recent Cowboys game ? - stopped him in his tracks).
              That's one of the reasons he and Toups are my favoutite Roosters players.
              I can't see either one of them in another jersey.
              If it were to happen, I'd be devastated.

Comment

RTS left and his career went south, Manu would be wrong to go to a lesser club just for the sake of a bit of money. I reckon he'll re-sign as will Angus.

Comment

Does anyone know the contract status of his younger brother?
                  Hopefully this may be a factor in Joey staying ...

Comment

"The Roosters rarely lose someone they want to keep" line is growing old. I've never bought it. But if Joey's smart he'll stay where he is for a bit less. He'll probably make up the rest in sponsors, finals games, higher profile, etc anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                      RTS left and his career went south, Manu would be wrong to go to a lesser club just for the sake of a bit of money. I reckon he'll re-sign as will Angus.
                      bollocks, won a dally m in 18, individually he was always amongst the top 5 players in the comp, just in a poor team .

Comment

a lot of you are forgetting that these gys know their career is short. this isn't about being a snake or being disloyal, its about doing whats best for them. if a club comes forward with 1 million, your taking that contract.

Comment

Originally posted by JAF View Post
                          Does anyone know the contract status of his younger brother?
                          Hopefully this may be a factor in Joey staying ...
                          Kani Manu was in the SG Ball squad this year - didn't play many games 2 i think -played wing when he did play - not sure if these players are contracted though? - a few they need to sign up though - Jordan Swan/Nick Fenton/Sandon Smith who were promoted to Jersey Flegg / Joshua Wong and Tyler Moriarty to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

bollocks, won a dally m in 18, individually he was always amongst the top 5 players in the comp, just in a poor team .
                            Exactly… mightn’t have won a premiership but now owns half of Auckland!
                            If Joey goes it will because of two things before just money…
                            - go home to family in NZ.
                            - opportunity to play fullback which is a more preferred position of anyone who loves getting their hands on the ball
                            Throw in those two and some extra coin, then it would be hard to Keep him!

Comment

Does the club weigh up spending close to a mil on Joey when they could pay a third or that for another Joseph?
                              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

Like I said RTS career went south. Dally M v premiership??? let me think.

Comment

Working...
                                X