The current state of the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The current state of the game

The state of the game would be at an all time low with massive blow out scores, surely this is turning spectators away from the game.

Taking your Roosters hat off, what’s everyone’s opinion on the current state of the game ?

Way to many sh!t teams. Everyone below us have bucklies of winning a comp in the next 3 years and lucky if one of them make it to a top 4 team in the next 3 years as well although the Dogs are trying to buy their way in.

Many will say that the new rules have caused the blow outs but in the three games tonight I don't think the scores had anything to do with the new rules. Just three crap teams whether it is because of roster or the Raiders being a basket case.

But in the case where you expect a good close game, I hate the new rules because there are too many inconsistencies and some teams appear to get more rub of the green. Very hard for a team to rebound when refs repeatedly give the opposition repeat sets on their line. It controls giving a team momentum and tires the team by repeated defence.
    So refs are deciding the result in some instances and these 6agains are making it easier for them.

Remember the days of the Bondi Wall and the supposed purposely giving away penalties on our line so that we can reset. Well that will never happen again.

Comment

It sux. I'm hanging by a RWB thread.

Comment

No coincidence. V'landys has ruined the game

Comment

It’s not Rugby League anymore. Lost interest. Regular scores in the 40’s edging towards 50, 60 and 70. How utterly ridiculous.
          “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

I was hopeful about the 6again rule when they started it, but the interpretation has gone overboard and now has far too much influence on the outcome of games. Also the increased speed has led to referees missing infringements or letting them go for the sake of continuity, and 2 or 3 of these can turn a game.

The Bullgogs were shafted severely a few times early in the game against Manly, wouldn't have changed the result, but it could have been a lot closer. There are so many ridiculous calls these days it is fukking the game.

I have not enjoyed watching many games this year. I don't think the one ref and bunker system is working, but the game is too fast now for one ref.... so we either go back to 2 refs and get rid of the bunker, or slow the game down again by blowing more penalties.

The continual changes have had a negative result, something needs to change, and quickly.

Comment

Vlandys and Abdo are ruining the game. The six again rule just ramps up momentum to the point of these blow outs but also, ironically, drives an unsupportable level of fatigue which leads to injuries and bad tackling technique, head shots, and sin bins which leads to further fatigue and round it goes

if you mess with the edges of the game you end up damaging the centre

Comment

Originally posted by Bmw06i View Post
                The state of the game would be at an all time low with massive blow out scores, surely this is turning spectators away from the game.

Taking your Roosters hat off, what’s everyone’s opinion on the current state of the game ?
                Yep, 100%. I mean say you're a Melbourne/Perth-based AFL fan who already has opinions about the NRL. What are you gonna think if a friend forced you to watch this round?

46-0
                66-0
                44-6
                38-0

Possible thoughts?
                - WTF is the game 80 minutes when it's decided in the first 20?
                - Is there a severe lack of talent such that 1/2 the teams aren't competitive at all?
                - This game is fukking boring... and I'm saying this after the team I'm supposed to like just won 46-0! Never seen a game of AFL where a team has been held to zero.

Easts hat off, I think the 6-again rule is being used to lock teams out of games when the ref 'feels a vibe' that they're trying to slow things down. They don't have to identify actual penalties, they can just express the vibe they're feeling.

It's a disgrace and the comp wasn't like this before Bland-Arse got parachuted into a safe gig (after being sacked from racing for 'not knowing' horses were all being sent to the abattoir if they weren't winning... he's pretty much implemented the same policy here... if your team's not in favour then it can fark off to the abattoir, we're only about the 2 or 3 teams that are in favour).
                Last edited by ism22; 07-04-2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

And they want to expand the competition with 2 more teams so we will have to endure watching even more reserve graders.

The AFL is loving it.

Comment

Apart from Roosters games, now I only watch if I'm having a bet. Which is 1-2 games per weekend. Have just lost interest. Not sure if it's the game, might just be me.

Comment

The desperation to give all the advantage to attack has totally changed the game.

Comment

The blow in PVL, loves to blow hard about the blow outs. He would have spent super Saturday in a puddle after wetting himself with the delight of the big, big scores. He says the fans love it. And even better, the rate of penalties has gone up so that there are now as many penalties awarded in a game, as six agains. Magnificent rule changes. Well, PVL, you piece of fluff, you dope, you drop kick, you have blown up the game. Well done you lump of lard.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yep, 100%. I mean say you're a Melbourne/Perth-based AFL fan who already has opinions about the NRL. What are you gonna think if a friend forced you to watch this round?

46-0
                          66-0
                          44-6
                          38-0

Possible thoughts?
                          - WTF is the game 80 minutes when it's decided in the first 20?
                          - Is there a severe lack of talent such that 1/2 the teams aren't competitive at all?
                          - This game is fukking boring... and I'm saying this after the team I'm supposed to like just won 46-0! Never seen a game of AFL where a team has been held to zero.

Easts hat off, I think the 6-again rule is being used to lock teams out of games when the ref 'feels a vibe' that they're trying to slow things down. They don't have to identify actual penalties, they can just express the vibe they're feeling.

It's a disgrace and the comp wasn't like this before Bland-Arse got parachuted into a safe gig (after being sacked from racing for 'not knowing' horses were all being sent to the abattoir if they weren't winning... he's pretty much implemented the same policy here... if your team's not in favour then it can fark off to the abattoir, we're only about the 2 or 3 teams that are in favour).
                          Pretty bad isn't it? There are 2 guys I have an NRL chat group with at work so we don't disturb the rest of our colleagues with our banter etc and even though they follow Canberra & St George, the Roosters are both their second team (I mean really, how could you not love Easts? ) and one of them said he couldn't watch Thursday night anymore then I could and we are not even his team. These guys are both in their 20's and are being driven away from watching. We chat about horse racing/music or food instead. It's not our main topic of conversation anymore as we are all jaded by this and this has nothing to do with being a bad sport or having a sook over a result as I'm old enough to have seen it all over the decades. I barely watched a game in the 1990's as I was in my 20's then so was travelling, clubbing and staying out til all hours waving my hands in the air like I just don't care, so I can live without watching other games and have done for a few years now. I'm only interested in watching Roosters games.
                          I did just renew my membership for the womens' Roosters team earlier this morning as I want to still continue to support the club.
                          "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                          Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

It's not good for the game , the fans , the sponsorship, the tv rights , so what is it good for .As before instead of adding 2 new teams we need to reduce .Start with the vermin and dogs and get rid of the six again and we may start seeing things improve.If not leagues done

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                              Pretty bad isn't it? There are 2 guys I have an NRL chat group with at work so we don't disturb the rest of our colleagues with our banter etc and even though they follow Canberra & St George, the Roosters are both their second team (I mean really, how could you not love Easts? ) and one of them said he couldn't watch Thursday night anymore then I could and we are not even his team. These guys are both in their 20's and are being driven away from watching. We chat about horse racing/music or food instead. It's not our main topic of conversation anymore as we are all jaded by this and this has nothing to do with being a bad sport or having a sook over a result as I'm old enough to have seen it all over the decades. I barely watched a game in the 1990's as I was in my 20's then so was travelling, clubbing and staying out til all hours waving my hands in the air like I just don't care, so I can live without watching other games and have done for a few years now. I'm only interested in watching Roosters games.
                              I did just renew my membership for the womens' Roosters team earlier this morning as I want to still continue to support the club.
                              Same, I got the e-mail... was only $80 to get the whole family signed up for the women's team. Definitely worth supporting them so that we can move towards having a full women's season in the future.

With the men's game becoming a joke, I have faith that the women's game's only gonna get better.

Comment

Working...
                              X