Sack Vland-arse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sack Vland-arse

Right in the midst of COVID, some crook from the highly dubious racing industry randomly started hanging around the NRL executives as a random hanger-onerer.

Rumours started that he was plotting to become the head of the NRL. How... why... nobody really knew. However, it became a foregone conclusion for some odd reason as he was pictured with all the big wigs all over the place.

Since then all he's done is say:
    - I wanna make the game faster... let's have less interchanges and a rule whereby the ref can award a team a quick succession of B2B penalties without any scrutiny because they're not a 'penalty' as such, they're just a 'set restart'.
    - I have zero tolerance for any contact with the head. Treat it all the same. Whether it be a nasty dog shot or an unlucky dude standing there with his arms by his side then having a guy slip over into him... don't care. Refs shouldn't have discretion! If they have any discretion left, the bunker should over-rule them.

This has resulted in a stupid sport where:
    - Every game's a blow-out.
    - Injuries are up. This year, we had to retire 3 absolute legends of the game without any hoo-har. They just went off injured and never played another game. One had to watch us lose ~50-0 as his final hoo-har. Yay.
    - As soon as high contact is detected, the pendulum's either gonna swing or if the team's already losing.. they're farked.
    - People get really angry when high contact is NOT detected or NOT punished with a send-off / suspension. It creates a lot of confusion when there is 'zero tolerance' and we never really get a reason why such calls are made.

Sorry Vland-arse but you never courted or won our confidence as fans. You're a shyte game manager and nobody likes you. Can we please have a spill of the board and execute this oxygen thief into obscurity ASAP? While we're at it... reverse his rule changes and stick to the international rules. No more changes please!! We're happy with the rules the way they are.
    Last edited by ism22; 06-19-2021, 12:18 AM.

Well said sir.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
      Right in the midst of COVID, some crook from the highly dubious racing industry randomly started hanging around the NRL executives as a random hanger-onerer.

Rumours started that he was plotting to become the head of the NRL. How... why... nobody really knew. However, it became a foregone conclusion for some odd reason as he was pictured with all the big wigs all over the place.

Since then all he's done is say:
      - I wanna make the game faster... let's have less interchanges and a rule whereby the ref can award a team a quick succession of B2B penalties without any scrutiny because they're not a 'penalty' as such, they're just a 'set restart'.
      - I have zero tolerance for any contact with the head. Treat it all the same. Whether it be a nasty dog shot or an unlucky dude standing there with his arms by his side then having a guy slip over into him... don't care. Refs shouldn't have discretion! If they have any discretion left, the bunker should over-rule them.

This has resulted in a stupid sport where:
      - Every game's a blow-out.
      - Injuries are up. This year, we had to retire 3 absolute legends of the game without any hoo-har. They just went off injured and never played another game. One had to watch us lose ~50-0 as his final hoo-har. Yay.
      - As soon as high contact is detected, the pendulum's either gonna swing or if the team's already losing.. they're farked.
      - People get really angry when high contact is NOT detected or NOT punished with a send-off / suspension. It creates a lot of confusion when there is 'zero tolerance' and we never really get a reason why such calls are made.

Sorry Vland-arse but you never courted or won our confidence as fans. You're a shyte game manager and nobody likes you. Can we please have a spill of the board and execute this oxygen thief into obscurity ASAP? While you're at it, reverse all his rule changes and stick to the international rules. No more changes please!! We're happy with the rules the way they are.
      (Applause)

Comment

V’landys is a grade A moron who has ruined the game.

Fans will always complain about rules and referees because they are passionate but when every minute of every pre-game, post-game and talk show is spent debating the fundamental rules of a game that has been around for over 100 years something is very wrong.

We need someone to remove all of V’landys’ rules and take the game back to what it was. A true competition

Comment

He is a News limited stooge
          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

PV for PM I say - The Neanderthals can go back to their Caves - Wake up it's 2021 its a different World

Not sure how PV is to blame for the 3 retirements though

Comment

Ism, you make some very, very good points.

I'm very grateful to Vlandis for getting the NRL back during Covid - and I"m sure many rival sport CEO's both local and international grudgingly, quietly agree.

But just as Churchill was a great wartime PM, but a terrible one in peacetime, Vlandis' lustre is starting to wane on me.

He seems like the sort of bloke who talks first and thinks later...you know, he'll have a good idea to make the game faster by having the 6 again rule, but then he doesn't think through what the consequences might be.

While I applaud some of his intentions, he needs to think through the different facets of his ideas and the consequences from all angles (or at least receive advice on them).

6 agains, video refs overturning tries and video refs interference on general play should be all abolished.

Captain's challenge - jurys out.

Bring back the benefit of the doubt rule when cannot fully see the try.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                PV for PM I say - The Neanderthals can go back to their Caves - Wake up it's 2021 its a different World

If PV can sort out vaccinations, the jobs his
                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post
                  V’landys is a grade A moron who has ruined the game.

Fans will always complain about rules and referees because they are passionate but when every minute of every pre-game, post-game and talk show is spent debating the fundamental rules of a game that has been around for over 100 years something is very wrong.

We need someone to remove all of V’landys’ rules and take the game back to what it was. A true competition
                  I don't think he's a moron. Just too arrogant and/or pig headed to listen to.others that have an educated opinion.

Dictators eventually fall on their own sword.
                  Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

The whole Vlandys saved Rugby League argument is so overestimated. Name me one sport in the world that has died or extinct due to Covid? For farks sake even union in Australia has survived!
                    Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                      The whole Vlandys saved Rugby League argument is so overestimated. Name me one sport in the world that has died or extinct due to Covid? For farks sake even union in Australia has survived!
                      Fair point.
                      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Is your cave taken drop kick?

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                          Need to Compare Apples with Apples though - Major sports overseas do have greater revenue bases to survive and private backers and owners. I think the Bronco's and the Verms are the only clubs that turn a profit in the NRL

The Broadcast deals had to be renegotiated for the shorter season as well as negotiations with various arms of Government to allow the comp to restart.- No Doubt PV would have been heavily involved in these.

If the Various arms of Government said No to the comp restarting what would happen- No revenue for the game or clubs with players still having to be paid.

Also what would the sponsors of clubs do would they still pay the sponsorship money if there was no comp- would people still pay their membership fees- there would also be no money from gates receipts or concession outlets etc etc

I would say when and if it restarted if there was no comp last year there would not be a 16 team comp as a few clubs would have gone under.
                          Last edited by King Salvo; 06-19-2021, 01:07 PM.

Comment

The bloke would end up farking a brothel if he got the chance.
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Hedger View Post

Is your cave taken drop kick?
                              Just Keep running like your namesake and don't forget your wooden spear and club to catch your lunch

Comment

Working...
                              X