Flanagan offered more than Lam...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Scored plenty of points to be leading points up until we got thrashed by south’s in the last round and scored more than one try in his NRL career up to the end of last season…yeah more. But you don’t rate Lam and in that we agree…
    Who was playing alongside Flanno last year in the spine? Even you could have scored a few tries with those guys helping you out

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

Well he’s playing alongside the best player in the world and should actually see that he’s trying and help him out. Instead of Lam sitting back and letting teddy do everything in attack he should step up and actually help contribute to our attack.

It’s been frustrating as hell to hear all this chatter about Turbo being the best FB in the world and all that yes I am not saying that Turbo isn’t a great player and not in tremendous form but with how our attack is going teddy has had to step away from his game and basically lead our attack. People don’t understand this and it’s annoying as hell.
      I think Tedesco is busting his butt trying to create opportunities. Primarily due to Keary being unavailable and only one half creating those opportunities. I always believed that Keary was doing too much because Lam was doing what he’s doing now, not much, and it wouldn’t surprise me if his ACL came about Keary just running himself to the ground, and i can see Tedesco is heading that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

How do you or other people on here know what Lam's job is?
        because its painfully obvious that he has a more conservative role than someone like Sam Walker has, The game between halves has changed and generally that's how its played
        Could he be doing better, yes. But to say he is as bad as Flannagan as some people have is just plain ridiculous.
        Maybe I am a bit biased as I have known him for a long time and respect the kid. Flanagan has from what I see (and heard , given second hand) has attitude problems.

2 points, if Lam did not offer anything TR would have released him ages ago. I also tend to believe that Flanagan was signed just to get Xerri and that was never going to pan out.

The Internet is a place for posting silly things
        Try and be serious and you will look stupid
        sigpic

Comment

I feel that if Lam wasn't Adrian's son he won't be at our club

Comment

I think Tedesco is busting his butt trying to create opportunities. Primarily due to Keary being unavailable and only one half creating those opportunities. I always believed that Keary was doing too much because Lam was doing what he’s doing now, not much, and it wouldn’t surprise me if his ACL came about Keary just running himself to the ground, and i can see Tedesco is heading that way.
            Bit of a stretch I reckon blaming Lam for Luke's ACL considering it happened in round 3 .So three games is all it took for Lam to destroy Luke's season .

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Bit of a stretch I reckon blaming Lam for Luke's ACL considering it happened in round 3 .So three games is all it took for Lam to destroy Luke's season .
              Not saying Lam is responsible but if Kearys instructions are that he had to play on both sides to overcome the inefficiencies of Lam in attack then the load wouldn’t of helped considering that Keary was carrying a leg injury and you could see that in the Tigers game in the second round…Plus there was an orthopaedic surgeon that I heard on radio around the time that BMoz and Collins got their ACLs and his theory was that when the body is tired due to a heavy load of work, the muscles around the knee that protect the knee do not function as they should and leave the knee exposed to such injuries. He raised a possible reason to such injuries, not me!

I never said that Lam was responsible for Kearys injury cause Lam is only doing his best, but it’s unfortunate that we went into the season this way.

Comment

Quote you said . You always believed Keary was doing to much because Lam was doing what he is doing now .not much and it wouldn't surprise you if Lukes ACL came about because Luke was running himself into the ground . Yep your words

Comment

Quote you said . You always believed Keary was doing to much because Lam was doing what he is doing now .not much and it wouldn't surprise you if Lukes ACL came about because Luke was running himself into the ground . Yep your words
                  I know you’re not the rocket science ( your words) but where do I EXACTLY say it’s his fault? And Lam was doing then what he’s doing now, not much! And it’s not just me saying it . And did you manage to read what I said about the orthopaedic surgeon in my previous, or was that too difficult for you? When you look at every top teams halves, they have a 5/8 and a half fully involved… At the end of the day, we all know it, Lam is just a stop gap player and when we have everyone on board, of to the knock of cup and that’s why he’s on a small contract, and he has been very lucky that our injury toll has been bad cause he wouldn’t have lasted past the 3rd round had Luke staid fit.

Comment

I know you’re not the rocket science ( your words) but where do I EXACTLY say it’s his fault? And Lam was doing then what he’s doing now, not much! And it’s not just me saying it . And did you manage to read what I said about the orthopaedic surgeon in my previous, or was that too difficult for you? When you look at every top teams halves, they have a 5/8 and a half fully involved… At the end of the day, we all know it, Lam is just a stop gap player and when we have everyone on board, of to the knock of cup and that’s why he’s on a small contract, and he has been very lucky that our injury toll has been bad cause he wouldn’t have lasted past the 3rd round had Luke staid fit.
                    See now I agree with something you say . He is a 2nd or maybe 3rd choice half doing his best for your team under extreme circumstances of no choice of his own making so maybe you as supporter should get behind him instead of bagging him unless you think you know more than Robbo .And yes you did blame him

Comment

See now I agree with something you say . He is a 2nd or maybe 3rd choice half doing his best for your team under extreme circumstances of no choice of his own making so maybe you as supporter should get behind him instead of bagging him unless you think you know more than Robbo .And yes you did blame him
                      But of course, the usual comment "Do You think you know more than Robbo?'.That's a classic..If I knew more than Robbo I would have a more discerning taste in whom I communicate with... My criticism of Lam has always been about his game and never his persona but my opinion, which doesn't count to Robbo, I'd say he is behind Manu (now) Keighran & Hutchinson. And I have gotten behind Lam many a times but sometimes things end and it all started last year v the Storm where he went for an arm grab (like he did the other night) at Munster, only for Munster to make him look really bad and score a try. It was the straw that broke this fans support after about 10 or so games. So what do I see this year, as far as 'Me not knowing more than Robbo' I see the same thing...And I'm repeating myself but he has never shined. One pass or ONE break to have a try assist in one game is not what a 5/8 or half should rest his laurels on and YES I know he is trying but maybe this is one bridge too far for him.

And I did ask you to tell me exactly where you say I blame Lam for Keary's ACL and all you say is that 'you did blame him'....That's not exactly what I asked but even so, I explained myself about what the surgeon had said but rather than accepting my explanation which to you might have been a little vague before, you chose to double down and repeated yourself. I'll blame myself for not being as thorough for you...anyone can make mistakes, like typos on the mobile.

Comment

But of course, the usual comment "Do You think you know more than Robbo?'.That's a classic..If I knew more than Robbo I would have a more discerning taste in whom I communicate with... My criticism of Lam has always been about his game and never his persona but my opinion, which doesn't count to Robbo, I'd say he is behind Manu (now) Keighran & Hutchinson. And I have gotten behind Lam many a times but sometimes things end and it all started last year v the Storm where he went for an arm grab (like he did the other night) at Munster, only for Munster to make him look really bad and score a try. It was the straw that broke this fans support after about 10 or so games. So what do I see this year, as far as 'Me not knowing more than Robbo' I see the same thing...And I'm repeating myself but he has never shined. One pass or ONE break to have a try assist in one game is not what a 5/8 or half should rest his laurels on and YES I know he is trying but maybe this is one bridge too far for him.

And I did ask you to tell me exactly where you say I blame Lam for Keary's ACL and all you say is that 'you did blame him'....That's not exactly what I asked but even so, I explained myself about what the surgeon had said but rather than accepting my explanation which to you might have been a little vague before, you chose to double down and repeated yourself. I'll blame myself for not being as thorough for you...anyone can make mistakes, like typos on the mobile.
                        You need a bigger shovel as you are digging a bigger hole for yourself.

Keary had hamstring issues pre-season and missed the trial match - I think myself it was an injury waiting to happen as there is a link between Hamstring injuries and the increase risk of ACL Injury - they need to look at pre-season training and the amount of running and fitness work they do i would say

Keary had hamstring/knee problems towards the end of the Tigers round 2 game as at one stage he was stretching his leg with the commentators thinking he had cramps. Keary came off and I noticed he had ice on the knee he would later injure when they zoomed in on him on the bench.

That would have been a warning of a potential injury on the horizon.

He suffered the ACL injury when running in trying to retrieve the ball - his knee just gave way and he fell to the ground.

I liken it to a rubber band - if you keep stretching it eventually it will tear/break

Last edited by King Salvo; 06-23-2021, 01:36 AM.

Comment

In my opinion this is where you said you believe Lukes injury was caused by Lam not doing enough.
                          You are just arguing for arguments sake
                          If you cant see that then god help you

Comment

In my opinion this is where you said you believe Lukes injury was caused by Lam not doing enough.
                            You are just arguing for arguments sake
                            If you cant see that then god help you
                            I guess I don't like for some to take my opinions out of context just so it suits their agenda...This is what I said "I always believed that Keary was doing too much because Lam was doing what he’s doing now, not much..." Maybe you have a problem reading but it doesn't say 'I blame Lam for it...' and Lam doesn't get himself involved as much as other halves we have had since I can't remember when and that's an opinion shared by a few members here so why is that a problem with you unless you like to argue with other members for having a different opinion? Maershke IMO has been doing great from his first game YET his had his detractors after the Titans game..I didn't see you getting this involved for a young player whos busting his butt even though his 4th choice hooker, why? You can love Lam all you want and that's fine with me and I won't argue with you BUT don't expect that everyone has to share that opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

You need a bigger shovel as you are digging a bigger hole for yourself.

Keary had hamstring issues pre-season and missed the trial match - I think myself it was an injury waiting to happen as there is a link between Hamstring injuries and the increase risk of ACL Injury - they need to look at pre-season training and the amount of running and fitness work they do i would say

Keary had hamstring/knee problems towards the end of the Tigers round 2 game as at one stage he was stretching his leg with the commentators thinking he had cramps. Keary came off and I noticed he had ice on the knee he would later injure when they zoomed in on him on the bench.

That would have been a warning of a potential injury on the horizon.

He suffered the ACL injury when running in trying to retrieve the ball - his knee just gave way and he fell to the ground.

I liken it to a rubber band - if you keep stretching it eventually it will tear/break

That's 6 paragraphs or 6 long sentences to say that Keary had an injury prior to getting his ACL? OK your just saying what I said before that he was carrying an injury prior to the ACL so where is the hole that I'm digging?
                              I also said that I heard a surgeon who has treated knee injuries state that these types of injuries can be caused by muscle fatigue. I'm no authority on knee injuries but considering the prior injuries Luke was carrying, the workload of being the sole creative half on both sides of the field, plus including the 6 again workload in defence I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED that all of that caused that ACL...And like I said in my initial post re Kearys injury, emphasis on SURPRISED which is not a statement of fact but just a fans opinion which I also cite that surgeons opinion to back it up. No one will ever know whether I'm right or wrong, it's just an opinion.

The only hole being dug is that one trying to excuse Lams inclusion in the team by saying that he's on a small contract, or that his a young inexperienced player, or that his a nice bloke. We should give all of our players the full support but eventually it all comes down to the player is not bigger than the club no matter what's his surname is. Somehow it wouldn't surprise me if some think otherwise.

Comment

I guess I don't like for some to take my opinions out of context just so it suits their agenda...This is what I said "I always believed that Keary was doing too much because Lam was doing what he’s doing now, not much..." Maybe you have a problem reading but it doesn't say 'I blame Lam for it...' and Lam doesn't get himself involved as much as other halves we have had since I can't remember when and that's an opinion shared by a few members here so why is that a problem with you unless you like to argue with other members for having a different opinion? Maershke IMO has been doing great from his first game YET his had his detractors after the Titans game..I didn't see you getting this involved for a young player whos busting his butt even though his 4th choice hooker, why? You can love Lam all you want and that's fine with me and I won't argue with you BUT don't expect that everyone has to share that opinion.
                                I don't love Lam as you suggest , just think some on here are looking for a sacrificial Lam to blame for all the issues in the team this year. As i stated in my opinion you did blame him in your statement . As for Maershke your right for a 4th string hooker he is doing his job , which is what I eluded to in a previous post regarding the players Lam had around him in key spine positions .

Comment

Working...
                                X