Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers

It’s very rare to attend a game with the mentality that it’s all about playing for pride. Realistically it’s a very big ask to expect a victory tonight. I will be happy to walk away with our pride in tact. So many times this season we have been up against it and our resilience has been amazing. Tonight against arguably the best team in the competition, we need to play with pride.

As an old Roosters supporter use to call out at the games, “Earn that jersey”.

Win, lose or draw I’ll be out there shouting my lungs out and supporting the boys. Hope to see some of you there.

Go Roosters!

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    It’s very rare to attend a game with the mentality that it’s all about playing for pride. Realistically it’s a very big ask to expect a victory tonight. I will be happy to walk away with our pride in tact. So many times this season we have been up against it and our resilience has been amazing. Tonight against arguably the best team in the competition, we need to play with pride.

As an old Roosters supporter use to call out at the games, “Earn that jersey”.

Win, lose or draw I’ll be out there shouting my lungs out and supporting the boys. Hope to see some of you there.

Go Roosters!
    Good morning neighbour,

Have a great evening out there and thanks for going to represent us delicate types who stay in and go to bed early! Hope your boys enjoy themselves too. It's going to be a great day weather wise here so hopefully won't transpire into too cold of evening at the foot of the mountains. I have faith the team will do their very best. Go Easts!
    "It's these little things, they can pull you under
    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Closest game for me being only 20min. Sitting with a bunch of mates who follow Penrith , I will get pickled and be vocal as fark cheering our boys on !!!

Comment

I’ll be heading out west tonight too mate, not expecting anything but hoping for an all heart performance tonight. One thing we have shown over the course of this season so far is our character and tonight is another huge test for our character, let’s see if we can stand up. Cmon Easts!

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Good morning neighbour,

Have a great evening out there and thanks for going to represent us delicate types who stay in and go to bed early! Hope your boys enjoy themselves too. It's going to be a great day weather wise here so hopefully won't transpire into too cold of evening at the foot of the mountains. I have faith the team will do their very best. Go Easts!
          Thanks RWB. Last week on the Gold Coast I had to move seats to avoid sunburn. Tonight I'll be rugged up to avoid frost bite.

Comment

I think Jarred is going to have to go 80 again. And it would be nice to see Isaac play longer than his customary 50. With that bench of ours he'll need to.

Comment

Many fans here have thrown in the towel even when Keary got injured yet we are still in the top 5, for now, but these amount of injuries and suspensions just keep adding to the list of players unavailable which is hard to understand why they keep happening while other clubs just keep going through games like nothing has happened. Add the refereeing decisions that have dudded us and it's becoming a situation that this is just going to continue and continue and continue until our last game of the year, whenever that will be. Are we going to continue being in the top 5 or 4 in the next few weeks? Not sure so it's one game at a time.

As for this game and my whinge is...This will be our 3rd game in a row at the riff park. I had this notion that the NRL would alternate games like we have with souffs. A home game, then an away game and so on...Any advantage the riff get, is a massive disadvantage for us considering the state of our squad. I see this as another way to give the ascendency to penriff by the NRL when they 'fixed' this draw just because 'they are so cute...blah blah blah...' (vomit)

From what I see of the team chosen by Robbo is that he's taking a defensive side not wanting to lose (by much).
              If we are to lose, I hope we don't lose by a cricket score. I've been given it to souffs fans for their loses so I hope not to cop any of that back.

But I hope that we do to them what the broncos did to us.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                Many fans here have thrown in the towel even when Keary got injured yet we are still in the top 5, for now, but these amount of injuries and suspensions just keep adding to the list of players unavailable which is hard to understand why they keep happening while other clubs just keep going through games like nothing has happened. Add the refereeing decisions that have dudded us and it's becoming a situation that this is just going to continue and continue and continue until our last game of the year, whenever that will be. Are we going to continue being in the top 5 or 4 in the next few weeks? Not sure so it's one game at a time.

As for this game and my whinge is...This will be our 3rd game in a row at the riff park. I had this notion that the NRL would alternate games like we have with souffs. A home game, then an away game and so on...Any advantage the riff get, is a massive disadvantage for us considering the state of our squad. I see this as another way to give the ascendency to penriff by the NRL when they 'fixed' this draw just because 'they are so cute...blah blah blah...' (vomit)

From what I see of the team chosen by Robbo is that he's taking a defensive side not wanting to lose (by much).
                If we are to lose, I hope we don't lose by a cricket score. I've been given it to souffs fans for their loses so I hope not to cop any of that back.

But I hope that we do to them what the broncos did to us.
                I think Robbo has just chosen what he has available. Clearly there are guys in our 17 tonight who are not ready for first grade.

Just remind your friends about their loss to the Sharks and Tigers. Even with the luxury of only having 7 guys out they couldn't beat these rubbish sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                  Closest game for me being only 20min. Sitting with a bunch of mates who follow Penrith , I will get pickled and be vocal as fark cheering our boys on !!!
                  In your line of work, you will probably know half the crowd.

Comment

Your dead right thirteen ,we shouldn't expect any more than to play for pride, but also hope you a upset. You never no Nathan may have another boil over

Comment

Been years since I haven't thought we would win a game. It's s strange feeling.

Comment

I have 3 hopes for this game:

a) a great defensive effort for the full 80. No wilting in the 2nd half.
                        b) Luai to get hammered. Maybe steamrolled by Suaalii.
                        c) a referee who doesn't shaft us so bad that he becomes the 4th sacking in 6 wks for doing so

Comment

Don’t know if I’ll even watch this one as it will be Roosters C grade vs Riff vs ref+bunker and to me that = imminent slaughter. I just hope it’s not too much over 30 points. But facts are we haven’t beaten a top contender this year and riff are the best of best. Even our own commentary seems to be conceding defeat before a ball has been kicked. It’s a slaughter whichever way one looks at it.
                          “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Please, please, please, just no more injuries!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                              Been years since I haven't thought we would win a game. It's s strange feeling.
                              I feel the same way. First time in ages. But look at our bench. Enough said. And another Butcher who’s not even ready for the bench gets a start.

Comment

Working...
                              X