Cap space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap space

So the question is now with boyd, friend & b moz all retiring this season and freeing up some funds who do we turn to to target in terms of recruiting and our retention?

First lock in Toops and Liu.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
      So the question is now with boyd, friend & b moz all retiring this season and freeing up some funds who do we turn to to target in terms of recruiting and our retention?
      I think we need to resign everyone, including JMoz for next year. We need stability after the 3 x forced retirements.

I'd like to sign Mitch Kenny, Josh Curran and a goal kicker

Comment

I still reckon Brandon Smith is the one to go after. Super player. I know Verrills is earmarked as the future but he is nowhere near Smiths class.

Comment

I’d say retain current squad, extend Crighton as he was extended for 1 year only, and go for some fringe players and develop them. We shouldn’t go for any established stars who will demand first grade spots.

Comment

Joey Manu off contract next year.

Joseph Suaali off contract next year.

Lindsay Collins off contract next year.

Angus Crichton off contract next year.

Sam Walker just got an upgrade.

Liu and Toops I can't imagine would cost too much more to re-sign than what they're on now.

I think we may just be better off locking up the talent we do have, can't imagine there's anyone on the market with more talent than Manu, Collins and Suaali who would be available for a decent price but locking up those 3 nice and early would be massive and they will all deserve upgrades.

I'm happy with our prop rotation: SST, JWH, Liu, Baker, Fifita, Tapuha. Tapine would be a luxury signing, not overly necessary but would strengthen that rotation obviously.

Right wing is probably the only position I look at and think we could do with a signing, I don't see any young talent coming through who can handle the modern day requirements of being a top level winger. If DWZ has given up on his dreams of being a fullback and wants to concentrate on just being an excellent winger I think he could be a really good pick up as the Dogs are trying to offload him at a cut price.

Comment

There's no one off-contract worth signing for next year that I would prioritise over re-signing our own. Our young guys will continue to improve and develop next year the more they play.
              A big marquee signing for 2023 I'd like to see is Moeaki Fotuaika

Comment

Upgrade/renew contracts first for players who have a future here, then go to market. Brandon Smith, Haas, and Fonua-Blake are at or near the top of my latter list.

Comment

If Jamayne Isaako's on the outers at Brisbane, I'd be giving him a good look for a wing position. I know we were very interested in him a couple of years ago but he only stayed at Brisbane to play fullback.
                  Plus, he can kick goals
                  Last edited by BenCumminsIsACheat; 06-14-2021, 12:03 PM.

Comment

A goal kicking right winger please.

Plus an experienced forward toiler. We need it for depth. The young guys are great but we need experienced leadership as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Redacted View Post
                      Upgrade/renew contracts first for players who have a future here, then go to market. Brandon Smith, Haas, and Fonua-Blake are at or near the top of my latter list.
                      Agreed. Focus on upgrades/retention first. If there's then $$$ left over for a player of that sorta calibre (and character) then grab 'em! No rush though.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyCoastChook View Post
                        I still reckon Brandon Smith is the one to go after. Super player. I know Verrills is earmarked as the future but he is nowhere near Smiths class.
                        Don’t think class is the right word here Mate. And Smith insists on playing hooker so it’s a no from me cause Sam V is our future.

Comment

We need to buy some refs .... if there are any coming on the market. They seem to be in high demand.

Comment

I would not even think about anyone that has played with Brisbane in the last 2-3 years they are all duds
                            I would also baulk at anyone that had been here and left.

I would be looking at young players in cup or Flegg.and bring them through
                            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyCoastChook View Post
                              Verrills will surprise you. He is a superstar.

Comment

Working...
                              X