Angus the wanker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Agreed... I think sore losers and arrogant winners are the worst. To me players should focus on their own game and leave their form/skills to do the talking.

In general I reckon that a good sport is there to cheer on good performances and encourage their team mates. A bit of friendly banter's okay... but you're not there to heckle players while they're down or have a massive boast in their face.

One thing I'll note is that I wasn't very happy about our last 50 seconds (when Manu won their 'short' kick-off and got the final set of 6). We did the old Storm-style run the clock down tactic, then ran the ball backwards into touch. Call me whatever but IMO that should be a penalty. If there's 50 seconds on the clock then IMO you should have to make a serious attempt to play footy. If you're walking into players and then taking 15 seconds to get up and play the ball then I dunno... to me it isn't in the spirit of the game. IMO the same thing can be achieved by running properly, holding the pill in your bread basket with 2 hands (nice and safe), agreeing not to pass the ball and doing an easy grubber into touch on the 5th. It's unlikely they'll stop you from doing that, but I reckon you should have to do it rather than just holding onto the ball, waiting for the siren to go and then running backwards.

I'll pardon us this once though. The way Cummins was managing the game (and I mean managing, not reffing)... it threw a lot of good faith out the window. Had we played the final 50 properly, I reckon there's every chance that Cummins woulda missed a Titans 5-man strip, called a bollocks 2-pointer against us or found some other way to take away our 2 points. A broader issue with reffing is that if you do a shyte job, teams put their backs to the wall rather than being the players they wanna be.
    When I watch Jake run backwards at the end of that 2018 grand final, I think to myself "I wish he didn't do that"

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post

When I watch Jake run backwards at the end of that 2018 grand final, I think to myself "I wish he didn't do that"
      So would kicking the ball out be OK? Or would you have preferred a harbour bridge pass to Toops?

I had no problems at all with it. In fact, his running it out and saluting the crowd is now an iconic moment in Roosters history.

Comment

It goes against what the club is about

I'm tipping he won't do it again.
        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
          It goes against what the club is about

I'm tipping he won't do it again.
          I hope he doesn't do it again. I would have bagged out any opposition player who did that to us. We're not like that.

Comment

All I could think about when it was 1 minute 5 seconds to go at kick off is that we had lost to the Storm when I think there was 40 seconds on the clock. Just shows how important it is to get that ball.

Comment

You can celebrate a try that you score in any way that you want.
              So what Angus does is his own business.
              He is entitled to do what he wants - he is a good enough player.
              However, poking your tongue out is a bit childish, and has an arrogance about it.
              You are going to infuriate opposition players, and commentators in the media.
              So if you do it , make sure you back it up ,and make sure you are physically on top of the other team.
              You look pretty stupid if you display that type of arrogance, let in 5 tries, and get beaten (like the Roosters almost did).
              Personally, if I were playing, I'd reserve it for games where my opponents were already hung, drawn and quartered - but if that's the case , I'd wonder whether the effort of doing it was even worthwhile.

Comment

This what happens when you support a successful club. It's hard to find stuff to whinge about.....

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
                  You can celebrate a try that you score in any way that you want.
                  So what Angus does is his own business.
                  He is entitled to do what he wants - he is a good enough player.
                  Not before you score it.
                  The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                  Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                  sigpic

Comment

Mentally he seemed to be off all game, the tongue out may have just been a further expression of that.

11 missed tackles and 4 penalties conceded. Very uncharacteristic game from Gus. We'll need better against Penrith.

Comment

While at the ground in the last minute, I wanted the players to start rubbing their neck, or their tackle just fake an injury FFS just to waste time...Maybe Cummins might have had the chance to balance the penalty stat....Until all this faking become ridiculous, then the NRL wont do shit...

Comment

Its cocky, which inst the worst thing in the world, but its not really a Roosters trait.

He almost had his pants pulled down big time, it might be enough to stop the cocky-ness.

Comment

[QUOTE=The Corner Post;n885794]Its cocky, which inst the worst thing in the world, but its not really a Roosters trait.

No pun intended, or was that an reverse pun? Did I just make up a new form of joke? If so, I call it the nup (pun in reverse).

Comment

[QUOTE=The Corner Post;n885795]
                            Originally posted by The Corner Post View Post
                            Its cocky, which inst the worst thing in the world, but its not really a Roosters trait.

No pun intended, or was that an reverse pun? Did I just make up a new form of joke? If so, I call it the nup (pun in reverse).
                            Careful mate you just answered yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                              I love Gus but I agree it was very poor form !! It was a great effort from the Titans fullback to nearly pull off a great try saver
                              That was a double movement everyday of the week in my book. Extremely lucky to win the game with that decision.

Comment

Couldn’t give a ****. He taunted his opponent and scored.

yeah I’d be annoyed if an opposing team did it. But the entire concept of sport and supporting a team is you want your team to do things and get angry/annoyed with the opposition does those same things.

Angus is one of the best second rowers in the game and we are lucky to have him

Comment

Working...
                                X