No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Titans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxSports has the set restarts as Titans 3 Roosters 1 how stupid do they think people are there was 5 set restarts in our red zone in favour of the Titans in the last 5 mins of the first half!
    Blatant lies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Hey Rocky welcome to 2021, I'm assuming you just woke up out of a coma.

Hate to be the one who breaks this to you but we've had 8 top liners missing for majority of the season. Luckily though you're wrong.. we're 5th.
      Which games where we missing our top 8 players????

U counting Lussick as one of our top 8? lmao

We are currently 5th because we are missing 3 top liners in Keary, B Moz and Collins NOT 8......so get off your parallel universe and visit this one for a change.

And B Moz and Collins contributed to our 5th position, even Keary massively contributed to 2 wins.

Lol @ the Goosters in this place.

Who said 13 was an unlucky number? 13th Premiership in yr 13 on our 100th anniversary of our 1913 premiership.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post

We are currently 5th because we are missing 3 top liners in Keary, B Moz and Collins NOT 8......so get off your parallel universe and visit this one for a change.

And B Moz and Collins contributed to our 5th position, even Keary massively contributed to 2 wins.

When were Penrith missing their top 8 players? Pretty sure I saw JFH, Kikau & Korisau all playing over the past few weeks. Or are you going to tell me Capewell & Liam Martin are better than them...

1. Luke Keary
        2. Victor Radley
        3. Boyd Cordner
        4. James Tedesco
        5. Brett Morris
        6. Jake Friend
        7. Siua Taukeiaho
        8. Lindsay Collins
        9. Sam Verrills
        10. Nat Butcher

You telling me that’s not 8 top liners missing from today...

Comment

• Suaalii really did stand up today, well half he time anyway. He and Keighran were found out massively in defense today
          Saying that the kid is only 17 and today was a learning experience.

that Tino prick should be fined for that dive today
          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
            I'm glad I'm on Beta Blockers...that was not good for heart health. Oh, and up your arse Cummins.
            I picked up my new glasses today..what a day to get them..I could SEE everything..
            "It's these little things, they can pull you under
            Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post

Obviously Victor, Boyd and Friendy are not top liners.

Comment

• As I sit back and bask in the glory of todays’s win watching the 7.30pm game I am struggling. I have struggled to watch a Broncos game ever since the Jake Friend Appreciation Round (game, stitchup, disaster, stuff up) and wonder how it all went so horribly wrong.

The only pleasing thing is the ref from that game hasn’t been spotted except running a side line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crab View Post
                  What a win ! JWH massive on his 250th . A win for the ages against all odds . God I love this team
                  Refereeing needs a bloody royal inquisition
                  Maybe a Spanish Inquisition

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                    From the main stats of the game the Chooks should not have won that game - being up 30-4 was against the stats so to speak - Titans led the stats in both halves not just the second half.

Significant improvement is required by individuals and the team overall

SET COMPLETIONS

Titans 36/43- 84%

Chooks 27/34 - 79%

POSSESSION

Titans - 58%

Chooks - 42%

OFFLOADS

Titans - 14

Chooks - 7

TACKLES IN OPPOSITION 20

Titans - 46

Chooks - 7

FIELD POSITION/TERRITORY

Titans - 65%

Chooks - 35%

LINE BREAKS

Titans - 8

Chooks - 7

KICKS IN GENERAL PLAY

Titans - 18

Chooks - 15

ATTACKING KICKS

Titans - 15

Chooks - 3

SET RESTARTS

Titans - 3

Chooks - 1

TACKLES

Titans - 300 - Missed 39

Chooks - 346 - Missed 57

Missed tackles main offenders -
                    Crichton - 11 Keighran - 9 -Walker and Sitili - 5

PENALTIES CONCEDED

Titans - 3

Chooks - 8

ERRORS

Titans - 8

Chooks - 10

do you watch the game or just read the stats

Comment

• I've never heard a Roosters fan calling other Roosters fans 'Goosters'...That's more like Souffs Speak!

Comment

• Originally posted by barryd View Post
                        do you watch the game or just read the stats
                        Just pointing out the stats as all know Coaches love stats as they show where the match was won or lost and areas that require improvement from a team and individual player perspective. - Big Jack Gibson was the first coach to use them i.e tackle counts for an example.

As I said if you didn't know the score and knew something about what these stats mean and if asked who won the game the person would more than likely say the Titans.

Fot an example the Titans had 31 tackles in the Chooks 20 in he first half for one try right on half time - Chooks had 2- the second being Ikuvalu's try.

Second half Titans had 15 to the Chooks 5

Overall it was Titans 46 to the Chooks 7

Not once did the Titans in the first half attempt a grubber for a repeat set (line drop out)

Titans were controlling the field position /territory -65% to 35% and winning the yardage game per set which would be a worry for the Chooks coaching staff against the better defensive teams in winning the yardage per set game and getting to the red zone (oppositions 20) - need to rely on scoring longer range tries

I would doubt that if the Riff and or Storm for an example had 31 tackles in the Chooks 20 they would only score one try though.

Yes the Titans had 9 more completed sets - 36 to 27 but 46 tackles to 7 in the oppositions 20's is a significant stat as is 57 missed tackles - 25 in the First half and 32 in the second half -especially telling in the second half as the Titans ran in 5 tries

If the Chooks replicate those stats against say the top 4 teams or better defensive teams they will adding to the loss column.
                        Last edited by King Salvo; 06-13-2021, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Just pointing out the stats as all know Coaches love stats as they show where the match was won or lost and areas that require improvement from a team and individual player perspective. - Big Jack Gibson was the first coach to use them i.e tackle counts for an example.

As I said if you didn't know the score and knew something about what these stats mean and if asked who won the game the person would more than likely say the Titans
                          I would say all matches are won on the field , not on your stat sheets. Some teams find a way to in spite of the ‘stats’

Comment

• Originally posted by barryd View Post

I would say all matches are won on the field , not on your stat sheets. Some teams find a way to in spite of the ‘stats’
                            A way to win

Comment

• Every time that dopey looking fool Cummins is allocated to a roosters game, we rightly expect the worst. But today was another level. The level of bias was as bad as the French referees on the old kangaroo tours. The very obvious attempts to get the Titans up was an embarrassment for the game. The NRL are complicit accomplices in this mess. They want the roosters to lose, to give other regional teams a chance to win. We know that next week the panthers will be given a leg up and that we’re on a hiding to nothing - but we’ll bring these clowns down.

Comment

• Still settling down from that crazy afternoon.

What a win for JWH as captain - veteran of our team who seen it all from the highs to lows, played alongside champions of the game, won comps, played in some pretty amazing games and yet this time on his 250th, captained the squad with an outstanding 80 minute performance in a bonkers game with an 18 year old young gun kicking the field goal to win 35-34.

RL always there to surprise me.

Love this game, love this club, love JWH.
                                Last edited by NorthChook; 06-13-2021, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X