No announcement yet.

NRL 360 demise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone read that boring piece by Paul Kent on the fake Origin hatred? He’s run out of ideas. A story about nothing. If he wants NSW to hate QLD maybe he should pull on DCE’s jersey and have a run.

Comment

It will be 1 all with a game 3 decider in Sydney

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Hedger View Post
        Did anyone read that boring piece by Paul Kent on the fake Origin hatred? He’s run out of ideas. A story about nothing. If he wants NSW to hate QLD maybe he should pull on DCE’s jersey and have a run.
        TBH I think the hatred is a bit of a marketing ploy. I hate the fact we always lose and QLD can get really cocky about it. However, I've gotten over getting worked up about it all.

It's nice if NSW win but TBH the extent of my Origin chats with a friend yesterday was:
        - 'So you going for QLD in Origin since you're from Brisbane mate?'
        - 'Not really TBH... I'm more of an AFL fan. You?'
        - 'Fair enough... I'll probably watch but NSW always lose so I can never have to much of a stake in it'

Can't say that sorta conversation's uncommon. TBH nobody at work's talking about the Origin. The bigger footy banter yesterday was about how Brisbane's using Car-Michael Hunt [sorry, too lazy to check the real spelling]. TBH I thought he retired ages ago. Guessing that yet another two Drizz players given no suspension for grubby shyte (including a knee to the head by a regular offender who'd be reffed outta the game in any other team)is probably another sticking point for today.

Origin? I don't get nostalgic flashbacks about it. Also the only 'hate' I have is for the NRL management allowing QLD to poach players from NSW (then changing the rules so that various players aren't eligible for their state of birth or the state they've been in for the last 15 years).

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

No.

Danika very good, Erin not so good. Overplays the raucous laughter and inside jokes with the buddy boys. Too introspective, its about the audience not the panel members Ezzy.
          If Danika can get some elocution lessons then she could go places. A mate of mine knows her pretty well. He says she is one of the nicest people he knows.

I kind of agree on Erin. She is kind of "girl next door", which is appealing. I have met her and she is a bit of a goof, which is also appealing. Doesn't take herself too seriously and is very popular amongst girls who follow the game.

On that, I have a friend whose young son's hero is Vossy. He isn't interested in meeting any players. Just hanging out to meet Vossy. Pretty funny.

I like Lara Pitt probably the best. I didn't like that girls show that they had on last season but I actually wish it was on again. I am the least woke person you know but I don't think the girls get a fair run on Fox. Having said that, I can't stand that blonde shire one on nine, whose name I forgot. Her voice grates me. It's not Ruann Sims, who I could also do without.
          Last edited by Johnny Tobin; 06-09-2021, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

TBH I think the hatred is a bit of a marketing ploy. I hate the fact we always lose and QLD can get really cocky about it. However, I've gotten over getting worked up about it all.

It's nice if NSW win but TBH the extent of my Origin chats with a friend yesterday was:
            - 'So you going for QLD in Origin since you're from Brisbane mate?'
            - 'Not really TBH... I'm more of an AFL fan. You?'
            - 'Fair enough... I'll probably watch but NSW always lose so I can never have to much of a stake in it'

Can't say that sorta conversation's uncommon. TBH nobody at work's talking about the Origin. The bigger footy banter yesterday was about how Brisbane's using Car-Michael Hunt [sorry, too lazy to check the real spelling]. TBH I thought he retired ages ago. Guessing that yet another two Drizz players given no suspension for grubby shyte (including a knee to the head by a regular offender who'd be reffed outta the game in any other team)is probably another sticking point for today.

Origin? I don't get nostalgic flashbacks about it. Also the only 'hate' I have is for the NRL management allowing QLD to poach players from NSW (then changing the rules so that various players aren't eligible for their state of birth or the state they've been in for the last 15 years).
            I don't really care about Origin. The only relevant thing to me is the money it brings into the game. For Origin to be strong Qld have to at least be competitive all the time. If NSW had a winning streak like they did Origin would be just about dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Hedger View Post
              Its because Fox don’t have the broadcast rights for the game and couldn’t resist sinking the slipper in.
              If they ever get the simulcast rights, look for the over the top promos about interstate hatred.

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                On that, I have a friend whose young son's hero is Vossy. He isn't interested in meeting any players. Just hanging out to meet Vossy. Pretty funny.
                Voss has humbled a lot since his axing from Nine. I remember around that time, thinking he was getting too big for his boots with his views. Turns out Nine thought the same.

It reminds me of how Paul Kent is now and I feel Hadleys influence on Fox is becoming apparent. Kent’s tune has hardened recently, especially on radio where he did his best impersonation of Way when interviewing Clint Newton.

Funnily enough, it was Hadley who agitated for Voss departure from Nine. Swings and roundabouts

Comment

So Paul Kent now says the NRL are gutless after inaction on SOO high tackle, and PVLippie says on 2GB that the players have now learnt how to play without the high tackles. Oh and don’t worry about Feldt’s tackle as it was just dandy, and no mention of Munster’s dog act kick, or Fotuaika’s deliberate late tackle. Nothing to see here. Spare me. These two morons are hilarious. A mere two weeks ago Kent loved everything about PVL and the NRL, and PVL was lamenting these careless footy players. Who needs them anyway. Can these two dopes shut up and leave the game.

Comment

Having said that, I can't stand that blonde shire one on nine, whose name I forgot. Her voice grates me. It's not Ruann Sims, who I could also do without.
                    I reckon you’re thinking of Allana Ferguson.
                    Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all.

Comment

I like Kenty and Hoops ….clearly I’m nuts

Comment

FMD. 360 is unwatchable on a Tuesday night with Hadley and Crawley. They’re @&$%ing dinosaurs

Comment

"Originally posted by Johnny Tobin"

If NSW had a winning streak like they did Origin would be just about dead.

Why?
                          As a NSW supporter , I am sick of watching Qld win the origin, year after year after year.
                          Its about time that NSW smashed Qld in the series.
                          I think this year we have a great chance of winning, even a 3-0 whitewash.
                          I am basing that on Safiti and Latrell's post try celebrations in Game one.
                          I am booked in to watch the 3rd game at ANZ- I have not been in ages as I have no interest in watching NSW lose.
                          To have the Sydney stadium full with NSW supporters , and everyone in Qld disinterested , would be a fantastic outcome.
                          F#@k Qld !!!!!
                          F3@k them for years to come. !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
                            "Originally posted by Johnny Tobin"

If NSW had a winning streak like they did Origin would be just about dead.

Why?
                            As a NSW supporter , I am sick of watching Qld win the origin, year after year after year.
                            Its about time that NSW smashed Qld in the series.
                            I think this year we have a great chance of winning, even a 3-0 whitewash.
                            I am basing that on Safiti and Latrell's post try celebrations in Game one.
                            I am booked in to watch the 3rd game at ANZ- I have not been in ages as I have no interest in watching NSW lose.
                            To have the Sydney stadium full with NSW supporters , and everyone in Qld disinterested , would be a fantastic outcome.
                            F#@k Qld !!!!!
                            F3@k them for years to come. !!!!!
                            Because Origin is a Qld thing much more than a NSW thing. If Qld hit the skids and they stop watching the game will die.

Comment

Because Origin is a Qld thing much more than a NSW thing. If Qld hit the skids and they stop watching the game will die.
                              Thanks Gus

Comment

What is it that they get Souffs players to talk about their shit every week? If it's not Marshall it's Cookie or like last night Arrow...Isn't it enough that I can hardly understand James Graham that they have to include some souffs losers every week?

Comment

Working...
                                X