Hutch is back in Hospital.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
    As a Roosters supporter it seems rough because the rules changed after some of the Roosters players got roughed up by some of the Parra players who were dealt with via the old rules & then the new rules are introduced & a Roosters player fronts the judiciary & gets hammered. If it happened to Souths you would all be on the lol@Souths thread saying bad luck.
    It just happened to be the Roosters who were involved at both ends of the spectrum. Just unlucky.
    The problem is the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

I agree that something needed to be done to protect players heads and I can accept any penalty dished out to our players. What irks me most is that players injured by foul play, such as Matto earlier in the year and Hutch now, are out of the game due to the injuries suffered much longer than the offender.

The system wont be fair until the offending player is out of the game for as long as the injured player plus the suspension period.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

In light of us being the worst affected by the NRL's insane rule changes, prompted by the maiming of one of our players and the NRL's inaction over it (plus an insulting 3 weeks suspension while Rads gets 5 for good hard tackling), I tend to agree with you. Yes, let's take the NRL's lead and go all Legalese. Sue the fcukers.
      Andrew Johns belled the cat on Thursday, the NRL is terrified of being sued. They have little or no money of their own so any verdict against them would bankrupt the organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
        As a Roosters supporter it seems rough because the rules changed after some of the Roosters players got roughed up by some of the Parra players who were dealt with via the old rules & then the new rules are introduced & a Roosters player fronts the judiciary & gets hammered. If it happened to Souths you would all be on the lol@Souths thread saying bad luck.
        It just happened to be the Roosters who were involved at both ends of the spectrum. Just unlucky.
        You’ve summed up this season from Rd 1!!

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
          That's shit! In 2005 Jarrod McCraken took Stephen Kearney, Marcus Bai and the Storm to court for an illegal spear tackle that ruined his career. The court found in his favour and awarded damages. Hutch ribs being broken and causing a lung injury caused by an illegal action is a good reason for him to take Brown to court if he isn't able to return to play this season and or be able to renew his contract for the following years. I hope that there's positive option for him even if it's taking that brown stain to court.
          Yes...he should sue...see how Vlandys and co will like that.
          Brown was found guilty...all the evidence needed.

Comment

he is going to have complications well into old age, this is what made the whole thing at the time so outrageous and disgusting that sweet **** all was done about it.

Comment

Originally posted by chopstiks View Post
              he is going to have complications well into old age, this is what made the whole thing at the time so outrageous and disgusting that sweet **** all was done about it.
              He will now be high risk for pneumonia, pleurisy, Covid for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by chopstiks View Post
                maybe, maybe not. i had a punctured lung, was in hospital for 2 weeks, then out for a week, then back in for a week cos of an infection unrelated to the functioning of the lung and, three decades later, haven't had any complications. he's young - if he swims every day he should be able to get the lungs back to normal pretty quickly. given time even people who are heavy smokers can get their lungs back to normal

Comment

So the V’landy speaks of player welfare. Perhaps he can visit Hutch in hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                    So the V’landy speaks of player welfare. Perhaps he can visit Hutch in hospital.
                    How do you know he didn’t?

Comment

Collapsed lung so be in for at least 2 weeks - a few of the players and officials have visited him i understand - Nick and Robbo with a contract for 2022 would boost his spirits

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                        Collapsed lung so be in for at least 2 weeks - a few of the players and officials have visited him i understand - Nick and Robbo with a contract for 2022 would boost his spirits
                        Wouldn't be surprised if Fitzy takes Hutch down South with him, as a utility player.

Comment

Working...
                        X