NRL Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
    I watched Gus Gould on 100% footy and he stuck up for Rads. I’ve tried to upload the segment but I’m not sure how to do it. If anyone knows how it’s really worth watching. I think it’s on YouTube.
    Actually, I think all four panelists stood up for Radley and denounced the stupidity and inconsistency of the crackdown.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

They got plenty of that. If its the one on Pangai they are referring to, what a load of crap. The guy catted his way to that penalty.

i hate the way players now grab the back of their heads after deliberately backing into a tackle and falling down only to get straight back up with a smile on their face. The game is becoming soccer and it stinks.
      I am not sure if it was on Pangai because I haven't rewatched the game (for good reason).

Yea I hate the head grabbers as well so I am with you on that one. Fakers and divers should face heavy suspensions in my book because it is contrary conduct and bringing the game into disrepute.
      "Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

Good post RoosterChick.
        "Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Suede Schubert View Post

I am not sure if it was on Pangai because I haven't rewatched the game (for good reason).

Yea I hate the head grabbers as well so I am with you on that one. Fakers and divers should face heavy suspensions in my book because it is contrary conduct and bringing the game into disrepute.
          Agreed mate but its hard to police. Personally, I think and player who earns a penalty through contrary conduct or as a victim of, should serve time on the sideline as well for their own welfare and to stamp out the milkers, actors and divers.
          FVCK CANCER

Comment

Any player who goes down injured, whether injured or faking it, should mandatorily go off for 5 minutes 'to be 'assessed', and replaced only with the 18th player. This ought to stop the faked injuries and allow the real ones to be officially viewed by the club doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by gragra View Post
              Any player who goes down injured, whether injured or faking it, should mandatorily go off for 5 minutes 'to be 'assessed', and replaced only with the 18th player. This ought to stop the faked injuries and allow the real ones to be officially viewed by the club doctor.
              Yeah that's why the Munster milking p!ssed me off. Apparently you have the option of leaving the field with a 'head knock' then not getting an HIA because you actually 'left the field due to an injury sustained as the result of contrary conduct'.

IMO it's the bunker/officials who are the deadbeats. Refs are in the thick of it and have to move on, even after a mistake. Others get lotsa time to review stuff and make decisions. When they make nonsensical decisions you've gotta scratch your head as to why/how.

Comment

Judiciary panel now deliberating on the Radley downgrade.

Comment

I have watched victors tackles at least ten times and I am none the wiser why he is there and not someone from every single other team.
                  you must be joking

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                    Judiciary panel now deliberating on the Radley downgrade.
                    Yes not looking good for a downgrade i suggest - Crichton has a slim hope of getting off but this is his 3rd of these in 2 years- Like Radley needs to address it.

Comment

Originally posted by gragra View Post
                      I agree, but I’d like an independent doctor to do the assessing, not a club doctor. Just to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Yes not looking good for a downgrade i suggest - Crichton has a slim hope of getting off but this is his 3rd of these in 2 years- Like Radley needs to address it.
                        Charges on both were errant in my opinion so I'm buggered to know what they "address". Assuming they keep playing Rugby League and not tippy touch.

Comment

Failed. Out for 5 games

Comment

Roosters lock Victor Radley rubbed out for five #NRL games - four games for contact with Tevita Pangai Jr and one for a tackle on Albert Kelly. He is out of #Origin I and II after failing to have his charge downgraded for the Pangai hit.

Comment

Radley unsuccessful - out for 5 weeks- Will need to really work on his tackling technique with Fitzy or face even longer stints on the sideline.

Is this a new rule?

The Roosters can apply for an Origin appearance to count towards Radley's suspension to have him back on deck earlier, though the club would need to prove he would have been picked for the Blues for that to be successful.

Maybe that's why they challenged the grading ?

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/05/25/...ive-match-ban/
                              Last edited by King Salvo; 05-25-2021, 08:50 PM.

Comment

The Roosters can apply for an Origin appearance to count towards Radley's suspension to have him back on deck earlier, though the club would need to prove he would have been picked for the Blues for that to be successful.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/05/25/...ive-match-ban/

Comment

Working...
                                X