Round 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 14

Round 14 after the bye seems to be the magic number for when the bulk of our injuries will be healthy (Cords, Smith, Hutch, Verills, Lussick).

Our next 2 games are very winnable no matter who we put out there. I would be very happy at 8-4 or 9-3 by the midway mark after everything and the top 4 would be well within reach.

Round 15 we have the Panthers which is our next big top 4 test and I'm confident with a *2021* full strength team we can match it with them.

Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post
    Round 14 after the bye seems to be the magic number for when the bulk of our injuries will be healthy (Cords, Smith, Hutch, Verills, Lussick).

Our next 2 games are very winnable no matter who we put out there. I would be very happy at 8-4 or 9-3 by the midway mark after everything and the top 4 would be well within reach.

Round 15 we have the Panthers which is our next big top 4 test and I'm confident with a *2021* full strength team we can match it with them.
    Hutch round 16/17
    • Victor Radley (head knock, TBC)
    • Drew Hutchison (ribs/punctured lung, round 16-17)
    • Lachlan Lam (knee, round 10)
    • Sam Verrills (eye, round 14-16)
    • Sitili Tupouniua (suspension, round 10)
    • Freddy Lussick (arm, round 11-13)
    • Billy Smith (shoulder, mid-season)
    • Boyd Cordner (concussion, round 14)
    • Luke Keary (knee, season)
    • Brett Morris (knee, season)
    • Lindsay Collins (knee, season)
    • Jake Friend (concussion, retired)

Comment

Origin is 3 days before this game v Gold Coast so there will be a few from each side missing.

Comment

I don't understand why Cordner has to wait til round 14 ? Is that to do with salary cap issues? If not surely he has had enough time off, and the current situation we are in requires all hands on deck. He could play rounds 11 and 12 and then have the bye off.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
          I don't understand why Cordner has to wait til round 14 ? Is that to do with salary cap issues? If not surely he has had enough time off, and the current situation we are in requires all hands on deck. He could play rounds 11 and 12 and then have the bye off.
          Has to be out 12 weeks as a minimum for the Chooks to receive the 350k cap relief.

I was just wondering though the Chooks have 29 player including Jake - Jake's wage is still included in the cap but can they fill his position in the 30 if they have funds available - meaning if so then the Chooks would have 28 players - 350k to sign a like for like backrower and use the 150k they set aside for TJP to say sign Benny M as what would he be being paid currently being a Bears player - Give Hutch an extra year as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templa..._Current_Squad

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Has to be out 12 weeks as a minimum for the Chooks to receive the 350k cap relief.

I was just wondering though the Chooks have 29 player including Jake - Jake's wage is still included in the cap but can they fill his position in the 30 if they have funds available - meaning if so then the Chooks would have 28 players - 350k to sign a like for like backrower and use the 150k they set aside for TJP to say sign Benny M as what would he be being paid currently being a Bears player - Give Hutch an extra year as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templa..._Current_Squad
            With all the research and medical advisers saying that there was nothing wrong with Boyd’s head from a medical point of view, and that he could of potentially played in round one had we chosen to let him, how do we justify the salary cap compensation? If we are exercising caution, is that not just a club choice and do we actually deserve the compensation if this is the case?

somebody mentioned this a while ago, is this why the NRL are still deciding on the decision?

Comment

Cowboys (Suncorp)
              Broncos (SCG)
              Raiders (Central Coast)
              Bye
              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                Cowboys (Suncorp)
                Broncos (SCG)
                Raiders (Central Coast)
                Bye
                Worst case we win 2/3 of these in my opinion. I'd say 3/3 but fark we are hopeless at the Central Coast

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post

cords is a huge in and if sammy v is back by then as well we'll be set up to play some good footy.

Comment

Cowboys won't be easy, danger game for us. Especially if walker is out, or plays injured. we will miss big Lindsay, and B Moz, can't emphasise enough how important they were. From here it's really down to our grunts to take charge. Defence is the key.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                      Cowboys won't be easy, danger game for us. Especially if walker is out, or plays injured. we will miss big Lindsay, and B Moz, can't emphasise enough how important they were. From here it's really down to our grunts to take charge. Defence is the key.
                      Which Roosters side shows up tonight, the circus act or the world beaters? Either way, no excuse not to win and win well, I just want a healthy squad by the full time siren.

Comment

That looks for better reading.

Not all Is lost yet this season.
                        MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                        is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                        with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                        much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                        X