Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see it happening personally.

Comment

I don't think his missus would get on with Trent. Been around a long time, solid without being a star in my opinion. I think there will be better options.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post

Was granted before the season started just haven't used it yet.
        As I understand it, we actually can't use it until after Round 12.

As stupid as it sounds, we have to wait until Cords has sat out the full 12 rounds before we can replace him. That's the NRL for ya!!

Comment

I'm actually a fan, he is hard to contain, I remember that game last year too.

Robbo would turn him into something else if he wants him.

Not losing Angus or sitilli for him tho.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
            I'm actually a fan, he is hard to contain, I remember that game last year too.

Robbo would turn him into something else if he wants him.

Not losing Angus or sitilli for him tho.
            We'll be losing Cordner soon enough.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

As I understand it, we actually can't use it until after Round 12.

As stupid as it sounds, we have to wait until Cords has sat out the full 12 rounds before we can replace him. That's the NRL for ya!!
              Yes I don't understand it - maybe they think clubs will milk it but they really can't as it's 12 weeks minimum to be out.- If a player comes back earlier then they don't get the cap relief

You need to sign a player when the player is out and not when they come back as what's the point the player is back.

Chooks have 29 players so can only sign one more and if they want to use Cords 350k it has to be a backrower - If they had signed that TJP he would make 30 players so they would not be able to use this 350k as if they did then that player would be player 31 and Cords would have to sit out the year as per the rules.

If they don't use the 350k to sign a back rower and since they have the dosh they were going use to sign TJP left over (150k) - then give the 30th spot to Benny M and Hutchy an extra year.

Comment

Look at our roster people, we are going to struggle to keep our team together!
                SkyWalker has been killing it and we are going to have to pay more than we would have been planning, Angus is only on a one year deal as we are struggling to work out how to keep him long term.
                Maybe this year if we get Cords money but that would be it, unless Cords is retiring?

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                  We'll be losing Cordner soon enough.
                  Mate I wish it wasn't so, but looking at what our team is subject to at the moment, I feel that cords would only have to tie his boots on and knock himself out.

The next knock he cops (and it will happen) what do we do then.

He should be playing now or go the way of friend, this 12 week buffer will mean nothing once he's stumbling again.

And I love cords, he's our captain and a rooster legend, he has been sorely missed.

Comment

I was just wondering though the Chooks have 29 players including Jake - Jake's wage is still included in the cap but can they fill his position in the 30 if they have funds available.

If so then the Chooks would have 28 players - 350k from Cords salary cap relief to sign a like for like backrower and then use the 150k they set aside for TJP to say sign Benny M to a NRL Contract to fill the 30 player roster as what would Benny M be paid as a Bears player playing NRL - Give Hutch an extra year as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templa..._Current_Squad
                    Last edited by King Salvo; 05-10-2021, 07:50 PM.

Comment

From the week before.. didn’t know about the Curtis Scott

Moronic Coaching Decision of the Week

Ricky Stuart’s use of the interchange was so bad on Thursday night that Joseph Tapine’s partner took to social media. This is rarely a strong strategy. Curtis Scott virtually got run out of the Storm because of it. In an instagram post, Kristen Tapine called Stuart’s use of the interchange rubbish via an emoji and questioned why her partner played only 32 minutes while Ryan James played just 23. Even Stuart admitted he made a total hash of it. Ricky is battling at the moment and needs to get all his horses pulling in the one direction as the Raiders season and title window both look in grave danger. Of course, they are not in as much danger as Tapine’s career at the Raiders after that social media outburst.
                      NICK TEDESCHI wraps up the week in rugby league in From The Couch. The Conference System Can Work With Some Common Sense The NRL has thrown out the bait of a conference system and even though much of the concept has been either bastardised or slammed, it can work with some common sense. The idea […]
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

This won't happen, he'd be up there with the top 10-15 middle third forwards in the game at the moment. It's too good to be true.

Comment

We aren’t getting TJ, so why not

Comment

We nearly had Tapine before....

https://www.redlandcitybulletin.com....ontract-twist/

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                              I was gonna resurrect this thread but reconsidered
                              Josh Massoud þ@josh_massoud 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/josh_massoud/status/700083758385352704) New twist to Joseph Tapine saga: @sydneyroosters
                              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Stringaz, Jacks Fur Coat & Rooster1908, go the dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X