Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walker in a moonboot postgame

Fkn carnage. Hope the kid is sweet, pleasure to watch play football

Can't see him playing next week, and kind of hope he doesn't. I imagine Lam and Keighran will be the halves, but I'm not sure who is going to provide utility from the bench? Whyte, maybe?

I'm totally convinced about Walker now, if I wasn't initially. He defends bravely (and well) even though he's giving up 20kg or more against a bunch of players. Playing through pain and still coming up will miracle try assists. Also loved seeing him in support for Ikavalu's runaway try, in spite of the discomfort he's in. He's a very, very special player.

Comment

Real shame given we have the Cowboys & Broncos in the next fortnight, both games even with our massive injury toll we would be a good chance of picking up points in. Without Walker I think we really struggle, he’s just about been our only creative attacking outlet.

Comment

Disappointing as I would have loved to see walker alongside someone who is more threatening and experienced. Lam coming back could of really heaped the pressure off young skywalker and especially with 2 lower teams… anyways rest up young man, you deserve it.

Comment

You must be joking . I am disgusted by Ceccin but this takes the cake , Walker in a moonboot . What the hell is going on

Comment

looking at 6 to 8 weeks if a syndesmosis - Jesse Marschke maybe an option as he is the extended squad if Walker is out

Tedesco
            Toops
            J Morris
            Manu
            Ikavulu
            Lam
            J Marschke
            Liu
            B Marschke
            JWH
            Sitilli
            Crichton
            Radley if fit

Bench from

Keighran
            Butcher
            SST
            DSF
            E Butcher
            Hau Tapuha
            Whyte
            J Marschke

or

Tedesco
            Toops
            J Morris
            Suaalii
            Ikuvalu
            Manu
            Lam
            Liu
            B Marschke
            JWH
            Sitilli
            Crichton
            Radley if fit

Bench from

Keighran
            Butcher
            SST
            DSF
            E Butcher
            Hau Tapuha
            Whyte
            J Marschke

Comment

Hopefully just precautionary - Robbo didn’t seem to be too concerned about it when asked after the game

Comment

If Walker is out, we could go with Lam and Keighran in the halves. Not ideal but it’s all we have.

Comment

The kid will be lucky to see out the season.
                  Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

The kid is being held together by super glue at the moment. It's hard to see that he will last till the end of the season.

Comment

Anyone heard any updates regarding his contract? We love him now but imagine how good he will be in 5 years

Comment

Of course Walker is now injured.
                        One didn't have to be Einstein to see that if he was made play in our right side defence in the usual position for half back he would get injured.
                        Lasted only a few games.
                        Now we don't have a half back....we don't have him in attack.
                        He should've been hidden in defence. He wasn't. Now look what's happened.
                        "How to beat the Roosters...run big players at Walker all night."
                        No degree from Harvard needed for this one either.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                          Of course Walker is now injured.
                          One didn't have to be Einstein to see that if he was made play in our right side defence in the usual position for half back he would get injured.
                          Lasted only a few games.
                          Now we don't have a half back....we don't have him in attack.
                          He should've been hidden in defence. He wasn't. Now look what's happened.
                          "How to beat the Roosters...run big players at Walker all night."
                          No degree from Harvard needed for this one either.

Robbo said he is fine and right to go next weekend

The moon boot was probably just a precaution.

Comment

The NRL Physio just posted on twitter that Sam Walker has been cleared of a serious ankle injury and will be available for Rd10.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveTheWorld View Post
                              Can't see him playing next week, and kind of hope he doesn't. I imagine Lam and Keighran will be the halves, but I'm not sure who is going to provide utility from the bench? Whyte, maybe?

I'm totally convinced about Walker now, if I wasn't initially. He defends bravely (and well) even though he's giving up 20kg or more against a bunch of players. Playing through pain and still coming up will miracle try assists. Also loved seeing him in support for Ikavalu's runaway try, in spite of the discomfort he's in. He's a very, very special player.
                              Agreed. IMO Walker will eventually put on ~10-15kg and be a complete player.

Different position, but reminds me of Toops a little. Once he bulked up a little, people stopped having tactics like 'push Toops back!!!' It'll get to a point where Walker's a little nugget who nobody wants to run at.

Comment

Working...
                              X