Referee accountability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Referee accountability

So we have had multiple players miss games because of indiscretions on the field this year and they should be accountable for their actions on the field. How often do the referees or the bunker have to be accountable for the very poor decisions they make.

Now I can forgive the referees they have a split decision to make a call (as do the players) but the bunker is inexcusable. Two players should have been sent off tonight just before half time which would have changed the game. For me a shoulder charge to the head is just unbelievable, if that was JWH he would have been off for the game.

Again I do not blame the referee but the Bunker was unbelievable and inexcusable!

This is getting unbelievable, do we need our coach to revert to Ricky Stewart and blow up after every game.

I was going off my head, my wife kept coming in to see if I was OK.

I must say that the boys played with so much heart, so proud of them tonight.

As soon as we lost Victor I knew that was it, same as last year but gee the played so hard and strong.

Don't take anything away from Parra, they came up against a very determined team tonight and did what they had to do, we were let down by the bunker, I actually thought the Referee did an OK job.

We are not done, the Roosters are a force in 2021 and every team knows it!

Cecchin should hang up the whistle. His time has passed. And whoever was in the bunker should read the press release
    The NRL has today reminded Match Officials, Clubs and Players of the need to adhere to the rules.
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

The problem is that everyone involved in officiating is just plain dumb.
      You've got Jarred Maxwell in charge who was dropped multiple times last year for a series of braindead decisions.

The bunker cast is god awful
      – Henry Perenara - everyone knows he was the most useless and stupid ref. Makes up rules when he doesn't know what to do
      – Steve Chiddy - gets pretty much every decision wrong. If 99% of fans think a decision is right, Chiddy will go the other way because he thinks he's smart. He's probably the worse in there
      – Alan Shortall - horrible touch judge who was never good enough to be a real ref. So they put him in charge at the bunker. How does that make sense?
      – Matt Noyan - same as Shortall. Garbage career touch judge never good enough for proper ref
      – Ashley Klein - arrogant clown

It's the same thing with the refs.
      Years and years of bias has become engrained in their decision making.
      There has to be change because every game week in and week out it just isn't good enough

Comment

NRL have made a rod for their own back with 18th man rule. They binned Radley vs Storm when Munster simulated concussion which would have allowed Storm to replace Munster with 18th man. And here we are with a genuine injury from foul play and unable to use 18th man because player wasn't sent to the sin-bin.

And I am not necessarily saying Brown should have been sent to the sin bin. The last thing I want is NRL overreacting and sin binning players every single game to give the opposition the opportunity to use 18th man.

Comment

PVL happily takes my money from ticket sales but treats me with contempt with the inept idiots he has as referees and in bunker. He can get stuffed. Mark my words, PVL will ruin the game. He’s not the messiah, he’s a dope. We already have score blowouts between top 8 teams a third into the season, we have season ending injuries like never before, we have an idea floated about an expanded 2 tier system when there aren’t enough players for 16 teams. PVL will not see out the year. The game set to implode.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Hedger View Post
            PVL happily takes my money from ticket sales but treats me with contempt with the inept idiots he has as referees and in bunker. He can get stuffed. Mark my words, PVL will ruin the game. He’s not the messiah, he’s a dope. We already have score blowouts between top 8 teams a third into the season, we have season ending injuries like never before, we have an idea floated about an expanded 2 tier system when there aren’t enough players for 16 teams. PVL will not see out the year. The game set to implode.
            Powder keg with an extremely short fuse and surrounded by plenty of fire

Comment

It's clear what many think....'there is one rule for the Roosters and one for the rest'.....but not the way they think!

Comment

In any other industry, if you don't have your staff following company rules, guidelines etc there is an investigation..yes I know I'm sounding like Geoff Toovey now but he was right..I work in a heavily scrutinised industry (banking) and I'm happy to say my job is to put it right when things go wrong at audit and compliance stage and I welcome the outcome of audits.. Same should go for these people..they are doing a job and in control of something that involves peoples' livelihoods and more increasingly as we've seen over the past few weeks, safety and wellbeing now at risk, is flashed all over the TV, so they should be scrutinised and given an independent compliance report/feedback after each game and told where they went wrong so they know for next time. Even have a retired referee do a Peer Review on the game and give them feedback..
                "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Steve Chiddy won't be in the bunker for Saturday and Sunday. IMO that's the closest they get to 'sacking' any official.

IMO part of the issue is that it's difficult to become a ref and certain steps of the process involve seconding/invitations from senior staff. Thus if you're to actually 'sack' a ref, you're getting rid of a pretty significant investment.

Comment

The Brown incident was a send off in my book. The shoulder charge was a sin binnable incident.

Something has to be done about that Bunker. Dropping Chiddy is a short term knee jerk reaction. The problem is more significant. Many NRL processes need an overhaul.
                    MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                    is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                    with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                    much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                    X