Can we just start next season now? 

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post

I think that is what is keeping me sane. If we were basket cases it would be hard to take. WE have immense talent across the squad and will be contenders for years to come. Imagine being a Tigers or Bulldogs fan.
    Penrith lose Cleary or Luai - Gone
    Storm lose Pap or Munster - Gone
    Souths lose Reynolds, Walker or Trell - Gone
    Parra - Gone

We lose half our freaken squad and we still have a hope.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

Parra - Gone

Well its interesting that you mention that. Only 8 rounds have been played so the potential for injuries to key players in other teams is very real. I agree with your opinion on Parramatta. I say they won't win it simply because they are Parramatta. Storm, Souths and Penrith are the contenders imo but like you say it would only take an injury or two to level the playing field.

We must be having the worst run of injuries in our club's history.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthChook View Post

Would be hell of a story - probably one of the best of all time

Very unlikely but I know winning the prem would still be their goal - weaker teams would set up shop and set up for next year (for nothing)
        I actually think we are a still a chance. Cordner, Verrills, Suaalii, Billy Smith, Fletcher-Baker, Fafita. We will be a strong side come finals time and many of the young guys will gain a lot of experience. I also believe it is a very weak competition.

Comment

NRL Physio reckons 2-3 weeks best case scenario so could well be round 14.
          ​​​​​​
          Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
            I'm actually really enjoying this season, maybe I didn't have the expectations of winning the comp this year and we've been dealt awful luck with injuries but the improvement in some of the younger players has given me hope that although some of our veterans are nearing the backend of their careers by no means will our premiership window have closed.
            Surely we'll have a year soon when we aren't decimated by injuries and some of the other leading sides who have been able to pretty much wheel out the same team lists each weekend might have a change in fortune.
            I was loving it until the latest injuries. They are hard to cop. Now it could be a drag. I hope not. I think Sam Walker will keep it fun for us.

Comment

Good grief. How many black cats, broken mirrors and walking under the ladders? Maybe Latrell did point the bone at us.

Comment

Parra - Gone

Kinda makes me feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post
                  You just know that no matter what Robbo and the team will show up trying to win every match. We may be crippled with injuries but we will still win more games than we lose.
                  Good things always come out of adversity. I'm actually very excited to see all the young players step up the way they have been. I really enjoy seeing new emerging players in our jersey. We are just too classy to backslide and make excuses.
                  "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                  Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

finals are a long way away but us making a prelim is a realistic goal. after that who knows but we want to make sure that we hang tough and take advantage of the luck that will come our way (injuries/suspensions/loss of form of other teams etc).

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

I actually think we are a still a chance. Cordner, Verrills, Suaalii, Billy Smith, Fletcher-Baker, Fafita. We will be a strong side come finals time and many of the young guys will gain a lot of experience. I also believe it is a very weak competition.

Agree about it being a weak competition. Unfortunately Penrith are strong and will take beating.

Comment

Parra - Gone

Luai makes Cleary look good. They can still win without Cleary.

Luai is a punk, but he is indespensible and a very good player.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post

Luai makes Cleary look good. They can still win without Cleary.

Luai is a punk, but he is indespensible and a very good player.
                          I don't doubt Luai is a great 5/8 and vital to their chances but he is an adlib attacking footballer. But he is a turnstile in defence.

I have never been a fan of Cleary but I think he has gone to another level this year. His directing the team across the park, taking on the line, long and short kicking game, defence and goal kicking is more vital than Luai.

But either one cops a season ending injury is a major hit to them and I doubt they can win without either.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                            Agree about it being a weak competition. Unfortunately Penrith are strong and will take beating.
                            Think back to our premierships in 18/19. We started slow after longer off-season, Robbo not afraid to rest players throughout the season, didn't give a shit about the ladder, it was all about physical and mental preparation for the finals. Storm slow start last year. Souths also had a slow start and kept attacking aces up their sleeve until before the finals.

Compare that to Panthers playing for perfection every week. I can't see it. Ivan doesn't seem to have figured out what Robbo, Bennett, and Bellamy understand about stress management and the element of surprise.

Comment

unfortunately for penrith they don't play the gf at panther park and cleary doesn't have great form in gfs

Comment

I don't doubt Luai is a great 5/8 and vital to their chances but he is an adlib attacking footballer. But he is a turnstile in defence.

I have never been a fan of Cleary but I think he has gone to another level this year. His directing the team across the park, taking on the line, long and short kicking game, defence and goal kicking is more vital than Luai.

But either one cops a season ending injury is a major hit to them and I doubt they can win without either.

Just my opinion.
                                I don't agree. Burton is one hell of a footballer and imho as good as the other 2 and he would just slot in.

Comment

Working...
                                X